What has been your experience with early versions?

childofmelee

25 minutes ago, Madmacca said:

Mighty freeze is an early one mate 

Thanks, I'll take a look and see if it's my thing.

Vouch for greenfield and mighty gold, check diary going into flower now, and I am more of a mighty gold man smoke wise myself but miss stig loves the lemon from the green gold!!!

mighty freeze is a solid lovely plant if you get the freezland pheno blooody lovely bit of smoke 

Edited by Stigofthedank
Blitzed and way last bedtime lol

Although after saying that I need to re visit the “mighty freeze” next season, got some Maff and mighty gold bx1 out this season and it’s same parentage so have to see what it is exactly I like so much about them not just the ease of growing them lol 

Just now, Stigofthedank said:

think this further aids in traits to look for man,  cheers @childofmelee a similar situational for me in the fabrics :idea: buzzing to get breeding for the great British outdoors :chef: big love man

Yep I can't wait for grow season to start over here, I've already identified two grow areas, just got to find some plots in those areas, prepping and import some seeds.  Which reminds me I better get onto those seeds now.

• Like 1

Just now, Stigofthedank said:

Although after saying that I need to re visit the “mighty freeze” next season, got some Maff and mighty gold bx1 out this season and it’s same parentage so have to see what it is exactly I like so much about them not just the ease of growing them lol 

I'll take another look over RGSC stuff again.  One of my grow areas is by a mountain and it gets really cold so might need a hardy strain for that area.

I wish you all the best fella in this season!!

if you are going RGSC you won’t go wrong with some 

mighty gold bx1 (my fav)

greengold bx1 or regs

mighty freeze

maff

lemon drizzle!!! Big plants 

whitey freeze (frosty nugs)

most there stuff is hardy mate, 

Edited by Stigofthedank
Stoned

Sounds like you have a plan.  Which island are you ?  What's the scene like out there ? I'd imagine the Maori's have some decent outdoor spots on their protected areas? I bought some untrimmed outdoor buds in Christchurch many years ago and it was decent enough once the leaves had been removed.  Also smoked some of the strongest indoor grown stuff I've ever encountered in NZ with some boy racers - think you call them hoons? Some great memories of NZ and I wish you all the best with it.  Hopefully the possums don't like eating ganja bushes !  

Edited by Clean Green

On 1/08/2023 at 7:49 AM, Crow River said:

Dunno about that.

I've got a Fast cultivar that definitely has ruderalis in it, started flowering in June and will most likely finish sometime in August. Breeder info does say it's a semi-auto though. Full autos all finished this month, except for one (Sativa dominant) which is still going. I also have some Fast strains that are not yet flowering, or just at an early stage. Meanwhile the Early strain I have hasn't started flowering yet, but breeder info says when it does, it will have a short flowering period compared to the typical 8 weeks for a full season cultivar.

I'm also aware of other strains that start flowering very early but do not have ruderalis in the mix. For example some of the Danish or Canadian cultivars. Presumably just selected for early flowering over several generations.

I contacted the breeder (Delicious Seeds) as I said I was going to do, unfortunately they were no help at all, this was their answer....

" hello they start to flower faster thank you "

That can be interpreted as they start to flower early, it can also be interpreted as they flower faster and therefore have a shorter flowering time:wallbash:

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 2

On 1/08/2023 at 7:49 AM, Crow River said:

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, childofmelee said:

That can be interpreted as they start to flower early, it can also be interpreted as they flower faster and therefore have a shorter flowering time:wallbash:

Were you asking about Biddy Early or Serious 6/7? I think they mean it starts earlier, i.e. triggered to flower earlier. May or may not have a shorter flowering time, breeder info should give an estimate of total flowering time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Were you asking about Biddy Early or Serious 6/7? I think they mean it starts earlier, i.e. triggered to flower earlier. May or may not have a shorter flowering time, breeder info should give an estimate of total flowering time.

I was asking about their early versions, but not any particular strain.  They market their early versions as finish flowering in 45 days, but they don't say anything about flowering getting triggered early which one would expect them to mention because that would be a good marketing point.  Now that I think about it, that suggests early versions don't trigger early.

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 2

You’ve probably heard about feminized, regular and autoflowering strains, but have you ever heard of Fast Version strains?

In the following post you’ll learn about what they are and how they differ from other strains.

What are Fast Version Strains?

Fast Version seeds are those which have a shorter flowering period, usually a week or two shorter (compared to the original strain).

This type of strain comes from a cross between feminized, elite light-dependent strains and an autoflowering plant. However, unlike autos, fast strains depend on the amount of light received to flower; they need to have a growth period (18/6h light and dark) and then a flowering period (12/12h).

Unlike what happens to autoflowering plants, even though they have a shorter flowering period, their size isn’t affected by the flowering period, as growers can increase flowering times as much as they want, just like with feminized and regular cannabis seeds.

What Advantages to Fast Version Strains Have?

Growing Fast Version strains comes with a series of benefits, including the massive benefit of being able to harvest earlier, which can help avoid issues with autumn rains, especially in areas with short summers. When it rains, the excess humidity can cause fungi and mold to appear, which puts your plants at risk.

Fast strains also preserve the aroma and flavour of the original strains, which allows for all of their original qualities to shine through.

Other benefits of F1 Fast Version strains include their high yields and strength, comparable to traditional light-dependent strains; with the right care, high yields can be obtained from fast flowering strains, keeping in mind that they have a shorter flowering period.

You can also keep their height and yield in check; if you’re growing outdoors all you have to do is germinate your seeds early for a long growth period. When it comes to indoor growing, you’ll have to give them a longer growth period until they’re as big as you’d like. If you’re looking to make a mother plant you can easily take clones from Fast Version, unlike autoflowering seeds which can only be grown from seed.

fast version seeds Sweet Seeds was the first seed bank to start offering “Fast Version” seeds, light-dependent fast flowering strains obtained from autoflowering hybrids.

What Differences are there Between Fast and Autoflowering Seeds?

The main difference between a fast flowering and autoflowering strain is that the first is light-dependent, and autoflowering plants begin to flower regardless of the amount of light they get. Autoflowering plants tend to grow for around a month and then they move to the flowering stage, they’re easy to grow and have a shorter life, which makes them less likely to catch illnesses or insect infestations. They’re better for inexperienced growers.

Due to the fact that autoflowering strains can be harvest around 3 months after germination, you can get around 3-4 harvests a year. Autoflowering strains also differ in that they tend to be much smaller; this is a great idea for those that don’t have much space or are looking to grow discreet plants outdoors. F1 Fast flowering plants also produce higher yields than autoflowering strains.

What’s the Difference Between F1 Fast Version and fast flowering feminized plants?

As we were saying previously, Fast Version plants come from a cross between an autoflowering and feminized seed.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DutchFox said:

You’ve probably heard about feminized, regular and autoflowering strains, but have you ever heard of Fast Version strains?

In the following post you’ll learn about what they are and how they differ from other strains.

What are Fast Version Strains?

Fast Version seeds are those which have a shorter flowering period, usually a week or two shorter (compared to the original strain).

This type of strain comes from a cross between feminized, elite light-dependent strains and an autoflowering plant. However, unlike autos, fast strains depend on the amount of light received to flower; they need to have a growth period (18/6h light and dark) and then a flowering period (12/12h).

Unlike what happens to autoflowering plants, even though they have a shorter flowering period, their size isn’t affected by the flowering period, as growers can increase flowering times as much as they want, just like with feminized and regular cannabis seeds.

What Advantages to Fast Version Strains Have?

Growing Fast Version strains comes with a series of benefits, including the massive benefit of being able to harvest earlier, which can help avoid issues with autumn rains, especially in areas with short summers. When it rains, the excess humidity can cause fungi and mold to appear, which puts your plants at risk.

Fast strains also preserve the aroma and flavour of the original strains, which allows for all of their original qualities to shine through.

Other benefits of F1 Fast Version strains include their high yields and strength, comparable to traditional light-dependent strains; with the right care, high yields can be obtained from fast flowering strains, keeping in mind that they have a shorter flowering period.

You can also keep their height and yield in check; if you’re growing outdoors all you have to do is germinate your seeds early for a long growth period. When it comes to indoor growing, you’ll have to give them a longer growth period until they’re as big as you’d like. If you’re looking to make a mother plant you can easily take clones from Fast Version, unlike autoflowering seeds which can only be grown from seed.

fast version seeds Sweet Seeds was the first seed bank to start offering “Fast Version” seeds, light-dependent fast flowering strains obtained from autoflowering hybrids.

What Differences are there Between Fast and Autoflowering Seeds?

The main difference between a fast flowering and autoflowering strain is that the first is light-dependent, and autoflowering plants begin to flower regardless of the amount of light they get. Autoflowering plants tend to grow for around a month and then they move to the flowering stage, they’re easy to grow and have a shorter life, which makes them less likely to catch illnesses or insect infestations. They’re better for inexperienced growers.

Due to the fact that autoflowering strains can be harvest around 3 months after germination, you can get around 3-4 harvests a year. Autoflowering strains also differ in that they tend to be much smaller; this is a great idea for those that don’t have much space or are looking to grow discreet plants outdoors. F1 Fast flowering plants also produce higher yields than autoflowering strains.

What’s the Difference Between F1 Fast Version and fast flowering feminized plants?

As we were saying previously, Fast Version plants come from a cross between an autoflowering and feminized seed.

And early versions is just another name for fast versions. But semi autos are not the same as fast/early versions.  

So you got autos, semi autos and fast/early versions.  Three types.

So after four pages we finally cleared that up.

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 3