What has been your experience with early versions?

childofmelee

Did you find that early versions finish one week sooner?

Are the early versions just as potent as normal photoperiods?

@childofmelee.

I chose to grow Green Poison FV 6 years back (outdoors). I did so because the original Green Poison I grew (indoors) was absolutely gorgeous.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed on the finished product, personally. A shame really because they grew massive in veg and smelled decent during flowering. But the end product left much to be desired in my opinion.

• Like 1

Fast versions and early version are slightly different are they not? Fast suggests they start to flower faster, and early that they finish a bit earlier? Then you have autos and semi-autos... :) 

I suppose if they were just the same / as good, they'd just become THE versions and the old genetics would fall away.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crow River said:

@catweazle1 "diluted"? Altered maybe. It's not always the case that there's ruderalis in there, and even if so, not necessarily a problem.

The autos conversation is always impassioned. I never got the hostility I see towards them. I am keeping a few dozen in stock for outdoors.  In case of EMPs or something.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

They have some auto genetics in them, I think. 

EV's usually have 10% ruderalis but are 100% daylight triggered 

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

@childofmelee.

I chose to grow Green Poison FV 6 years back (outdoors). I did so because the original Green Poison I grew (indoors) was absolutely gorgeous.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed on the finished product, personally. A shame really because they grew massive in veg and smelled decent during flowering. But the end product left much to be desired in my opinion.

I've heard at least one report on the end product, it matches up with what you're saying as well.  Damn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crow River said:

Fast versions and early version are slightly different are they not? Fast suggests they start to flower faster, and early that they finish a bit earlier? Then you have autos and semi-autos.:)

Fast versions and Early versions are the same thing, just different marketing names.  I believe semi autos is also another name for  fast/early versions, just to add to the confusion.  

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

The inescapable fact is that the FV genetics are diluted with ruderalis genetics.

Yes, yes indeed.  Some at 10% ruderalis but I'm pretty sure some FV's have less than that.

But you think about autos, these also have ruderalis and despite that can reportedly be just as potent as their photoperiod version.  I've never grown autos myself just repeating what I've read.  @brock1 breeds autos, maybe he knows?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

I suppose if they were just the same / as good, they'd just become THE versions and the old genetics would fall away.

Well, that is a good point.