Best outdoor photoperiod strain for UK climate?

childofmelee

19 hours ago, OldFord said:

Beg to differ ... Super 61 is available in regs & fems and is rock solid outdoors, :yep:        Just looked at it this second on their site. 

I still had her out in November as i wasnt well enough to chop and she was solid :george:    Awesome outdoor girl !   

Sweets SAD is outstanding and PISSED all over the Eleven Roses on a garden run , in her bud quality  and reliability.    Bud structure is medium and NEVER lost a single bud over a decades worth of garden and GG runs with 3 or 5 a year.  Well cooked and its a heavy hitter with sublime terp / taste profile  Highly impressed by it and Cream Caramel.     

I am pretty fussy in respect of how well its cooked , i never take anything down until its well cooked mate ,  unless i see healthy quantity of ambers ... it stays up & out ,  always happy to run the risk of rot as its a good test of the genetics and lets fellow growers on here see how well it copes.   If i get a bit of rot the entire plant us in the bin.    Check my diaries :yep:

MWF i believe Slim has a few bits in motion , you would need to ask nicely.     GLZ comes up massive , awesome outdoor structure and just a wicked plant outdoors , i believe its the only outdoor plant to win Cream Of The Crop on here in a long long time if not the first.    Even if its regs its well worth the effort to get some and save for later just in case you get more room or want to get serious on outdoor growing / breeding / hacks  as the genetics could prove very useful. 

Also Brocks work is where you should look for bomb proof reliability outdoors  , you wont get a monster but you will get a girl you can pretty much count on to provide you very good quality outdoor bud , huge terp profile and almost shroom like effect if you just leave her to cook and not be in a hurry to get her down.     

I got no idea on the type of effect or traits your seeking mate so its a bit awkward to narrow the list down ,  but if you want reliability .. look no further :yep: 

And so your right, Super 61 is available.  Not sure how I missed it.

I didn't know you've grown Eleven Roses before but you've got me sold on Sweets SAD, I'm going to include some in my next grow.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brock1 said:

These killer daze will grow to be monster outdoor mate. I should have a few other solid outdoor big yeilding strains avaliable for next season also. Time to show i am not a 1 trick pony that only makes good auto's. I started growing fast versions in 2004 before fast version was even invented. Going to be some real treats soon now I am growing indoor again to. Fast version or should I say semi auto because I always liked that description better is what I will be focusing on over the winter. :hippy:

What's the name of your seed shop?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, OldFord said:

Sweets SAD is outstanding and PISSED all over the Eleven Roses on a garden run , in her bud quality  and reliability.    Bud structure is medium and NEVER lost a single bud over a decades worth of garden and GG runs with 3 or 5 a year.  Well cooked and its a heavy hitter with sublime terp / taste profile  Highly impressed by it and Cream Caramel.     

I am pretty fussy in respect of how well its cooked , i never take anything down until its well cooked mate ,  unless i see healthy quantity of ambers ... it stays up & out ,  always happy to run the risk of rot as its a good test of the genetics and lets fellow growers on here see how well it copes.   If i get a bit of rot the entire plant us in the bin.    Check my diaries :yep:

over the yeaa

I forgot to ask, I noticed Sweets SAD is an S1, so I'm just wondering if you had any sativa dominant pheno's amongst your SAD plants over the years?

And what was the average flowering time of Sweet SAD?

I got no idea on the type of effect or traits your seeking mate so its a bit awkward to narrow the list down ,  but if you want reliability .. look no further :yep: 

I'm looking for a 100% indica strain or indica dominate strain.

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, childofmelee said:

And so your right, Super 61 is available.  Not sure how I missed it.

I didn't know you've grown Eleven Roses before but you've got me sold on Sweets SAD, I'm going to include some in my next grow.  

I like my green on the heavier side of the spectrum ,  i run lots of afghan bits in the background trying to find something nice to play with , lots dont make it on here as they can be ugly , fussy and poor plants , small yield but when do do find something  nice :wub:      

Really wasnt that impressed by the 11 roses ,   i got nothing to hide and i am pretty blunt with what i think of things ,  if its a porr show i wont run them , if i like it i tell others. 

We all in the same boat and with the same aim ... good herb outdoors in shit conditions lol      Im an old boy with very few favs and far from a fan voy but if i find somethingthat works reliably im all for sharing  :yep:    Same with seeds ,  im forever sending stuff out to sgare ,  all within the site rules !!    Good shout on the SAD ,  its served me very well ,  i rarely advertise the sweets bits as i have the arse with them , shildish reasons but it causes me a pain at times and it is what it is .  

All the best mate

2 hours ago, childofmelee said:

What's the name of your seed shop?

Brocks a fellow old boy lol     Hes in it for the love NOT the money ,  he cooks for his pleasure and submits the beans to this site for subscribers :wub:

Look in the Seeds For Subscribers section in the Announcements section   ,    everything in there is all cooked by skilled guys on here and submitted through the love for what they do and to keep this place ticking.    The best value seeds around !!!!     The seeds in there all have love and skill in them , the odd hack / pollen chucked bean but most by skill & love.

You can see most parents in the Cream Of the crop section and lots of winners !      Quality Vs Money i highly doubt they will be beaten on balue.  

Brocks bits are in there.   Grab them whilst you can as on limited supplu like them all.  

Just now, OldFord said:

I like my green on the heavier side of the spectrum ,  i run lots of afghan bits in the background trying to find something nice to play with , lots dont make it on here as they can be ugly , fussy and poor plants , small yield but when do do find something  nice :wub:      

Really wasnt that impressed by the 11 roses ,   i got nothing to hide and i am pretty blunt with what i think of things ,  if its a porr show i wont run them , if i like it i tell others. 

We all in the same boat and with the same aim ... good herb outdoors in shit conditions lol      Im an old boy with very few favs and far from a fan voy but if i find somethingthat works reliably im all for sharing  :yep:    Same with seeds ,  im forever sending stuff out to sgare ,  all within the site rules !!    Good shout on the SAD ,  its served me very well ,  i rarely advertise the sweets bits as i have the arse with them , shildish reasons but it causes me a pain at times and it is what it is .  

All the best mate

I didn't think I'd find anything more durable than Eleven Roses and whatever I grow has to be able to handle the wet humid autumns we get here in late bloom but I guess it's the same for you in the UK.

• Like 1

Just now, childofmelee said:

I forgot to ask, I noticed Sweets SAD is an S1, so I'm just wondering if you had any sativa dominant pheno's amongst your SAD plants over the years?

And what was the average flowering time of Sweet SAD?

I'm looking for a 100% indica strain or indica dominate strain.

U rarely find a sat leaner m nost def have the indy side of things ,  you do find them and they do still make it home , a bit roughed up but they do make it home.  

I tend to cook the shit outta my plants as i prefer them heavy ,  but on average your looking anywhere mid sept to mid oct.     

Just now, OldFord said:

Brocks a fellow old boy lol     Hes in it for the love NOT the money ,  he cooks for his pleasure and submits the beans to this site for subscribers :wub:

Look in the Seeds For Subscribers section in the Announcements section   ,    everything in there is all cooked by skilled guys on here and submitted through the love for what they do and to keep this place ticking.    The best value seeds around !!!!     The seeds in there all have love and skill in them , the odd hack / pollen chucked bean but most by skill & love.

You can see most parents in the Cream Of the crop section and lots of winners !      Quality Vs Money i highly doubt they will be beaten on balue.  

Brocks bits are in there.   Grab them whilst you can as on limited supplu like them all.  

No wonder I couldn't locate his seed shop.  Thanks I'll take a look in the seeds for subscribers section.

Just now, childofmelee said:

I didn't think I'd find anything more durable than Eleven Roses and whatever I grow has to be able to handle the wet humid autumns we get here in late bloom but I guess it's the same for you in the UK.

Grow what you like mate :yep:     If it works for you then crack on.     Im not gere to sell beans lol     I can only tell others what im seeing in the pots & out on the GG plots.

Look into some of the northern cplder genetics ,  but im guessing you will find ugly unreliable plants with very very mixrd bag results like i do.   

Its a minefield and you just got to plod through til you find what works for you in your climate sir.  

Have a look through @murphyblue diaries   ,  he gets it wet / cold and windy and lots of it :yep:      @AnonyMice last diary again shit weather ,    theres lots of guys get terrible weather on here and they all find something that works in their own micro climate  ,   @Slippy One is another with a good history of grows and poor weather.    

You going to have to dig to find info but its rewarding , its learning and worth the digging mate

• Like 3

Just now, OldFord said:

Grow what you like mate :yep:     If it works for you then crack on.     Im not gere to sell beans lol     I can only tell others what im seeing in the pots & out on the GG plots.

Look into some of the northern cplder genetics ,  but im guessing you will find ugly unreliable plants with very very mixrd bag results like i do.   

Its a minefield and you just got to plod through til you find what works for you in your climate sir.  

Have a look through @murphyblue diaries   ,  he gets it wet / cold and windy and lots of it :yep:      @AnonyMice last diary again shit weather ,    theres lots of guys get terrible weather on here and they all find something that works in their own micro climate  ,   @Slippy One is another with a good history of grows and poor weather.    

You going to have to dig to find info but its rewarding , its learning and worth the digging mate

Yeah I've had a look at the northern colder genetics and suspected the end product won't be that great so I never made the leap to grab any seeds from there, same reason I don't touch the Dutch outdoor strains, I'm sceptical of whether I'll end up with quality buds. 

I'll take a look through their dairies and soak up some knowledge.

The best advice anyone can give u is read through old diaries on here. :yep:

We are all looking for the perfect plant that will just grow itself and we just go back and harvest but it don't work like that.

Different strains might be perfect in some parts of the country but a total rotfest elsewhere.

Really the only way u will find out is start growing where u are.

• Like 3

@childofmelee I have been growing outdoor for 2 decades here between 54-55lat the main drive for me is that Danish stuff that was considered fool proff still moulded up or had low quality here. The Dutch stuff was often worse than growing regular indoor strains outdoor. Breeder's think you need to look after your plant to produce great strains wich I find the biggest joke ever told to the cannabis community :rofl: if you want hardy healthy plant you need to subject them to the worse environments possible. I think nothing of planting 50 plant only to have 1 survive. Often that 1 doesn't even make i but I may find 10 healthy seeds from then to grow the following year. That is my so called secret I take the i don't care approach early on so later I don't need to care & can produce fire. I don't know many people that have killed as many plant as me. Big rooms of healthy plant doesn’t sell seeds to me. Its all smells (not just terpins) & structure, hight, ect. I listen very little to how hardy a strain is anymore these day's I have learned 99% of the time their not hardy enough for me. It seems seedbanks don't kill enough plants to be conducting any real stress testing.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, murphyblue said:

The best advice anyone can give u is read through old diaries on here. :yep:

We are all looking for the perfect plant that will just grow itself and we just go back and harvest but it don't work like that.

Different strains might be perfect in some parts of the country but a total rotfest elsewhere.

Really the only way u will find out is start growing where u are.

Yeah I'll put a few strains out and see how these go and I'll have a read through old diaries.  Thanks

12 hours ago, brock1 said:

@childofmelee I have been growing outdoor for 2 decades here between 54-55lat the main drive for me is that Danish stuff that was considered fool proff still moulded up or had low quality here. The Dutch stuff was often worse than growing regular indoor strains outdoor. Breeder's think you need to look after your plant to produce great strains wich I find the biggest joke ever told to the cannabis community :rofl: if you want hardy healthy plant you need to subject them to the worse environments possible. I think nothing of planting 50 plant only to have 1 survive. Often that 1 doesn't even make i but I may find 10 healthy seeds from then to grow the following year. That is my so called secret I take the i don't care approach early on so later I don't need to care & can produce fire. I don't know many people that have killed as many plant as me. Big rooms of healthy plant doesn’t sell seeds to me. Its all smells (not just terpins) & structure, hight, ect. I listen very little to how hardy a strain is anymore these day's I have learned 99% of the time their not hardy enough for me. It seems seedbanks don't kill enough plants to be conducting any real stress testing.

What is your Killer Daze?, is it sativa dominant or indica dominate or evenly balanced?  I might buy a subscription and see how your gear holds up in my environment.  I'll purchase some seeds from Panik and slim as well.  Might start a diary on here when grow season kicks off in 12 weeks.

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, childofmelee said:

Checking google you seem to be on the same latitude as New Castle I think.  Comparing our locations (I'm in the southern hemisphere) using historic data it looks like my location has twice as many rainy days on average during flowering as your location if this historic data is to be believed.

What is your Killer Daze?, is it sativa dominant or indica dominate or evenly balanced?  I might buy a subscription and see how your gear holds up in my environment.  I'll purchase some seeds from Panik and slim as well.  Might start a diary on here when grow season kicks off in 12 weeks.

I am not quite Newcastle but I have grow a little further north in the past just a little north of Carlisle & to be honest its more humid here than their. I live in a town built on a reclaimed salt Marsh I could literally catapult stones into the sea from a lot of my grow sites. We don't just contend with rain fall here we get a lot of coastal mist rolling in also. The ground here never really drys up or needs watering even with droughts. 

Killer daze is a F1 SHD / blackberry gum auto x killer skunk. Its a strange one this because its the fast version created to make a fast version :yes: a bit complicated really as the killer skunk is to bring down the flowering time of the SHD x blackberry gum auto. I am not into the whole F1 hybrid being called a fast version of the photo strain. Thats like saying the auto added nothing to the x so I refuse to call these crosses fast versions of anything. Its a slightly sativa hybrid but not greatly around 60% sativa 40% indica. The auto is for both mould resistant & photo sensitivity while the killer skunk is to reduce flowering time & give a bigger plant. 

If your wanting mould resistant strains go with one of my auto's as thats what their breed for. I think Orange Hazeberry Gum & SHD x blackberry gum S1 are the only ones available right now. Theirs a few people growing them on here now outdoor and a few pics in the subbie pic thread. Plenty of info if you do a quick search. I haven't had mould on a SHD for atleast 7yr now. I put a lot of time & effort into breeding mould resistant auto's after the so called mould resistant strains moulded up pretty bad here.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 2