Best outdoor photoperiod strain for UK climate?

childofmelee

I can see there is a Outdoor strains UK thread pinned but it is mostly full of reviews about auto's so I started this outdoor photoperiod thread which can include early versions as those are photoperiod plants as well as most of you know.

Anyway, what is the best mold resistant, fast flowering strain you've grown outdoors in the UK and have you got a review?

I'll start....

Eleven Roses has been the most durable out of the ten or so strains I've grown, I had to pull early due to weather damage so I'm not sure about the flowering time but it had good mold resistance due to a loose bud structure and also good pest resistance, it actively killed aphids and caterpillars with no intervention from me, one week it was covered in caterpillars and aphids, two weeks later dead aphids everywhere and no signs of caterpillars. 

Smoke was a classic indica couch lock.

Edited by childofmelee

For a tiny island we have a strange weather window ,  down south it can be tropical like , up north not so pretty and the locals have webbed feet lol    

Look back through @Crow Rivers diaries ,   as he gets some poor weather in a short growing window.   

I have done quite a few GG's at 55 / 56 lat  ,  mixed bag results but to date WITHOUT picking favs ,  the better fairing cultivars to date for me have been  - 

Alfemco MWF  ,  GLZ  ,          Sweets  S.A.D  ,        RGSC Super 61 

All mentioned romped home ,  no dramas , issues or rot and were pretty much neglected.     

I really dont think theres a single magic cultivar to count as a banker  ,   guys like Brock , Slim , Panik are all true outdoor soldiers with a drive to give us outdoor guys a fighting chance. :wub:

• Like 6

15 hours ago, OldFord said:

For a tiny island we have a strange weather window ,  down south it can be tropical like , up north not so pretty and the locals have webbed feet lol    

Look back through @Crow Rivers diaries ,   as he gets some poor weather in a short growing window.   

I have done quite a few GG's at 55 / 56 lat  ,  mixed bag results but to date WITHOUT picking favs ,  the better fairing cultivars to date for me have been  - 

Alfemco MWF  ,  GLZ  ,          Sweets  S.A.D  ,        RGSC Super 61 

All mentioned romped home ,  no dramas , issues or rot and were pretty much neglected.     

I really dont think theres a single magic cultivar to count as a banker  ,   guys like Brock , Slim , Panik are all true outdoor soldiers with a drive to give us outdoor guys a fighting chance. :wub:

MWF and Super 61 are no longer available, GLZ is only available as regular seeds, Sweets S.A.D is Black Domina, Eleven Roses has Black Domina in it as well.  What a name - Sweet Afghani Delicious, selected from a 1998 Black Domina.  Did it have loose flowers, dense buds or normal density? and how long was flowering?

I'll have a look through Crow Rivers diaries, Thanks.  And yeah i have been looking at those guys seeds as well.  

Edited by childofmelee

6 hours ago, childofmelee said:

MWF and Super 61 are no longer available, GLZ is only available as regular seeds, Sweets S.A.D is Black Domina, Eleven Roses has Black Domina in it as well.  What a name - Sweet Afghani Delicious, selected from a 1998 Black Domina.  Did it have loose flowers, dense buds or normal density? and how long was flowering?

I'll have a look through Crow Rivers diaries, Thanks.  And yeah i have been looking at those guys seeds as well.  

Beg to differ ... Super 61 is available in regs & fems and is rock solid outdoors, :yep:        Just looked at it this second on their site. 

I still had her out in November as i wasnt well enough to chop and she was solid :george:    Awesome outdoor girl !   

Sweets SAD is outstanding and PISSED all over the Eleven Roses on a garden run , in her bud quality  and reliability.    Bud structure is medium and NEVER lost a single bud over a decades worth of garden and GG runs with 3 or 5 a year.  Well cooked and its a heavy hitter with sublime terp / taste profile  Highly impressed by it and Cream Caramel.     

I am pretty fussy in respect of how well its cooked , i never take anything down until its well cooked mate ,  unless i see healthy quantity of ambers ... it stays up & out ,  always happy to run the risk of rot as its a good test of the genetics and lets fellow growers on here see how well it copes.   If i get a bit of rot the entire plant us in the bin.    Check my diaries :yep:

MWF i believe Slim has a few bits in motion , you would need to ask nicely.     GLZ comes up massive , awesome outdoor structure and just a wicked plant outdoors , i believe its the only outdoor plant to win Cream Of The Crop on here in a long long time if not the first.    Even if its regs its well worth the effort to get some and save for later just in case you get more room or want to get serious on outdoor growing / breeding / hacks  as the genetics could prove very useful. 

Also Brocks work is where you should look for bomb proof reliability outdoors  , you wont get a monster but you will get a girl you can pretty much count on to provide you very good quality outdoor bud , huge terp profile and almost shroom like effect if you just leave her to cook and not be in a hurry to get her down.     

I got no idea on the type of effect or traits your seeking mate so its a bit awkward to narrow the list down ,  but if you want reliability .. look no further :yep: 

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Beg to differ ... Super 61 is available in regs & fems and is rock solid outdoors, :yep:        Just looked at it this second on their site. 

I still had her out in November as i wasnt well enough to chop and she was solid :george:    Awesome outdoor girl !   

Sweets SAD is outstanding and PISSED all over the Eleven Roses on a garden run , in her bud quality  and reliability.    Bud structure is medium and NEVER lost a single bud over a decades worth of garden and GG runs with 3 or 5 a year.  Well cooked and its a heavy hitter with sublime terp / taste profile  Highly impressed by it and Cream Caramel.     

I am pretty fussy in respect of how well its cooked , i never take anything down until its well cooked mate ,  unless i see healthy quantity of ambers ... it stays up & out ,  always happy to run the risk of rot as its a good test of the genetics and lets fellow growers on here see how well it copes.   If i get a bit of rot the entire plant us in the bin.    Check my diaries :yep:

MWF i believe Slim has a few bits in motion , you would need to ask nicely.     GLZ comes up massive , awesome outdoor structure and just a wicked plant outdoors , i believe its the only outdoor plant to win Cream Of The Crop on here in a long long time if not the first.    Even if its regs its well worth the effort to get some and save for later just in case you get more room or want to get serious on outdoor growing / breeding / hacks  as the genetics could prove very useful. 

Also Brocks work is where you should look for bomb proof reliability outdoors  , you wont get a monster but you will get a girl you can pretty much count on to provide you very good quality outdoor bud , huge terp profile and almost shroom like effect if you just leave her to cook and not be in a hurry to get her down.     

I got no idea on the type of effect or traits your seeking mate so its a bit awkward to narrow the list down ,  but if you want reliability .. look no further :yep: 

These killer daze will grow to be monster outdoor mate. I should have a few other solid outdoor big yeilding strains avaliable for next season also. Time to show i am not a 1 trick pony that only makes good auto's. I started growing fast versions in 2004 before fast version was even invented. Going to be some real treats soon now I am growing indoor again to. Fast version or should I say semi auto because I always liked that description better is what I will be focusing on over the winter. :hippy:

• Like 12

Just now, brock1 said:

These killer daze will grow to be monster outdoor mate. I should have a few other solid outdoor big yeilding strains avaliable for next season also. Time to show i am not a 1 trick pony that only makes good auto's. I started growing fast versions in 2004 before fast version was even invented. Going to be some real treats soon now I am growing indoor again to. Fast version or should I say semi auto because I always liked that description better is what I will be focusing on over the winter. :hippy:

Music to the ears mate :yep:    In no way was  Not getting a monster comment meant as derogative  :yep:   

Im more than happy to run your cooking as always.      Awesome to hear your back on it indoors !!       Always room for your girls 

My OHG is filling out & up rapidly ,   im just entering the early window of opportunity to take her down ... as you well know ..she will carry on cooking ,  no early chops here mate !    

Pics up shortly ,  only got about 150 pics to sort / size and upload lollol       Prob tonight depending on how the sites behaving lol   

• Like 4

I have high hopes for the killer daze i have out good structure and good fast growth has all the makings of a big girl.

Thinking all being well when she flowers and of course if i like the smoke she is a candidate for the big pot next season :yep:

Going to have a bit of a @brock1 fest next year as i snagged some Joshua and SHD x BG s1 in the subbies offer.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Music to the ears mate :yep:    In no way was  Not getting a monster comment meant as derogative  :yep:   

Im more than happy to run your cooking as always.      Awesome to hear your back on it indoors !!       Always room for your girls 

My OHG is filling out & up rapidly ,   im just entering the early window of opportunity to take her down ... as you well know ..she will carry on cooking ,  no early chops here mate !    

Pics up shortly ,  only got about 150 pics to sort / size and upload lollol       Prob tonight depending on how the sites behaving lol   

I am loving these OHG to be honest. I put them out a little root bound but in a shaded area. It seems that the shade as made them almost semi auto's. Their about 3ft looking like they will start flowering soon. In comparison I have 2 in full sun flowering nicely. I also put SHD x blackberry gum in full sun with are small but 5 sharing a 20lt pot planted out just as they started flowering in jiffys as they were originally just a germination test. Their is also 5 BSM. A little smaller yeilding but the frost is of the scales. Both could be chopped now but I will leave them another week to cook maybe a little longer. I have a few small auto duckfoot that are making SHD/blackberry gum x duckfoot r1 seeds. So fingers crossed they should be a few auto ducks ready for next year. I just gotta take them to R3 to stabilise the Duckfoot first. I have all but given up on uploads for the time being. I nearly cried the other day when I was asked to upload pics of my wilk grown plants as it must of took over a hour :rofl:

• Like 3

Just now, murphyblue said:

I have high hopes for the killer daze i have out good structure and good fast growth has all the makings of a big girl.

Thinking all being well when she flowers and of course if i like the smoke she is a candidate for the big pot next season :yep:

Going to have a bit of a @brock1 fest next year as i snagged some Joshua and SHD x BG s1 in the subbies offer.

I haven’t even grown the Killer Daze myself yet. It was for a future project I have more faith in that than Joshua to be honest. Joshua is only the start of that project to i only really wanted it as a auto strain. I just made to many seeds so shared them as a auto x photo. The killer Daze is going to be crossed with my El Maria auto strain to hopefully use to make fast versions later. The el marina produces great fast versions but not the strongest on turps so hopefully I can sort this with the killer Daze. :hippy:

• Like 3

Just now, brock1 said:

I am loving these OHG to be honest. I put them out a little root bound but in a shaded area. It seems that the shade as made them almost semi auto's. Their about 3ft looking like they will start flowering soon. In comparison I have 2 in full sun flowering nicely. I also put SHD x blackberry gum in full sun with are small but 5 sharing a 20lt pot planted out just as they started flowering in jiffys as they were originally just a germination test. Their is also 5 BSM. A little smaller yeilding but the frost is of the scales. Both could be chopped now but I will leave them another week to cook maybe a little longer. I have a few small auto duckfoot that are making SHD/blackberry gum x duckfoot r1 seeds. So fingers crossed they should be a few auto ducks ready for next year. I just gotta take them to R3 to stabilise the Duckfoot first. I have all but given up on uploads for the time being. I nearly cried the other day when I was asked to upload pics of my wilk grown plants as it must of took over a hour :rofl:

Oooooh the DF x SHD x BBG sounds very interesting :yep:        Yeah im loving the OHG mate , i got the 2 in the one pot .... not my doing !   The shorter bushy one the frost is off the scale !! 

The larger is very lanky , slender and in early flower , however shes displaying traits & colours in seeing in some of the other OHG's i held out to fellow Old git growers , some stunning reds / purples / blacks :wub:     My own short bushy one is more silver  / blue hues and the main is like a 2ltr bottle its hench !!!      It smells incredible sir :wub:    You get 20ft or closer and its a hue fruity sweetness with a real skunky undertone ,  just class.     I got pics of all of them ....i will try tag you but you know the score lollol    

Pics of the SHD x AU upcoming too !!

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 2

gallery_73781_4410_92854.jpggallery_73781_4410_50943.jpggallery_73781_4410_71353.jpglarge.20191008_184904.jpg

1 minute ago, OldFord said:

Oooooh the DF x SHD x BBG sounds very interesting :yep:        Yeah im loving the OHG mate , i got the 2 in the one pot .... not my doing !   The shorter bushy one the frost is off the scale !! 

The larger is very lanky , slender and in early flower , however shes displaying traits & colours in seeing in some of the other OHG's i held out to fellow Old git growers , some stunning reds / purples / blacks :wub:     My own short bushy one is more silver  / blue hues and the main is like a 2ltr bottle its hench !!!      It smells incredible sir :wub:    You get 20ft or closer and its a hue fruity sweetness with a real skunky undertone ,  just class.     I got pics of all of them ....i will try tag you but you know the score lollol    

I do like a black plant. I have had them produce strange red seeds in the past once also. Here's a little el marina that was black. Its dosent get to but at all this strain but dose produce stunning frosty hardy plant's. These are actually blackish not as dark as the el marina but they are a ancestor to the SHD so kinda relevant to the OHG breeding. I chucked a el marina x early grape outdoor grown bud in hoping I had the black el marina pic in mu album but it wasn't :wallbash:not going to even attempt to upload it right now :rofl:

• Like 4

Just now, brock1 said:

gallery_73781_4410_92854.jpggallery_73781_4410_50943.jpggallery_73781_4410_71353.jpglarge.20191008_184904.jpg

I do like a black plant. I have had them produce strange red seeds in the past once also. Here's a little el marina that was black. Its dosent get to but at all this strain but dose produce stunning frosty hardy plant's. These are actually blackish not as dark as the el marina but they are a ancestor to the SHD so kinda relevant to the OHG breeding. I chucked a el marina x early grape outdoor grown bud in hoping I had the black el marina pic in mu album but it wasn't :wallbash:not going to even attempt to upload it right now :rofl:

That Black  el marina girl looks stunning mate !!!  :yep:     Wonderful structure and the colours just pop !    Closest i had was the SSSC Black Leb just perfection in my eyes as a colour fan.  

Said it before and will again  -  You really need to get a line of your own seeds in the shop !     I know you got lots on  , times tight ,  i get it mate.    

Always appreciative of any of you guys cooking and sending in , be it indoors or outdoors biased ,  im hoping to be doing the same as of next season in the new place :yep:

Most likely more aimed at outdoors ,  just trying to help others as i have had lots along the way on here !   

• Like 1

large.64b25e9fdde77_Elmaria.jpg

30 minutes ago, OldFord said:

That Black  el marina girl looks stunning mate !!!  :yep:     Wonderful structure and the colours just pop !    Closest i had was the SSSC Black Leb just perfection in my eyes as a colour fan.  

Said it before and will again  -  You really need to get a line of your own seeds in the shop !     I know you got lots on  , times tight ,  i get it mate.    

Always appreciative of any of you guys cooking and sending in , be it indoors or outdoors biased ,  im hoping to be doing the same as of next season in the new place :yep:

Most likely more aimed at outdoors ,  just trying to help others as i have had lots along the way on here !   

That is Northern freak weed i didn't have the el marina in my album. Here just uploaded one of the black El Maria. :hippy:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 4

I'm not sure it's always a case of strain wins. Reason I say this is that my trusty strain that does well with 10+ hrs direct sunlight, is barely worth hashing come harvest giving 6+ hours direct sun. 

Location and sun hrs bring more to the party. :yep:

• Like 1

Hi any chance someone could do an abbreviation list for this thread? It’s super cool but I’m super lost lol  :yep:

• Like 2