Anyone done a "plant and leave" (Plant out and only come back at harvest time)?

childofmelee

4 hours ago, Crow River said:

Impressive! What strain is that mate?

Its not any 1 strain. This wat a patch that had multiple mother's seeded with a SHD x cali O x skunk male. The spot was found just before harvest and just destroyed by a JCB so I couldn't tell what these are.

• Like 2

Just now, brock1 said:

Its not any 1 strain. This wat a patch that had multiple mother's seeded with a SHD x cali O x skunk male. The spot was found just before harvest and just destroyed by a JCB so I couldn't tell what these are.

Interesting! You have to collect some seeds from those plants, sure to be very hardy! :) 

• Like 2

Just now, Crow River said:

Interesting! You have to collect some seeds from those plants, sure to be very hardy! :) 

Not for a few years yet. If their still growing in a few year I will collect seeds from the best plant i can find & sts the best from them. Should produce a few throw & grow a sensi patch seeds :bong:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 2

Plant and leave plot. Just visited to chop the autos.

Will visit again End of September / Start of October to chop the photos.

Thats if the rabbits eat the remaining ones as they’ve already had a few.
large.IMG_3751.jpeglarge.IMG_3747.jpeglarge.IMG_3754.jpeglarge.IMG_3753.jpeglarge.IMG_3752.jpeglarge.IMG_3748.jpeglarge.IMG_3744.jpeglarge.IMG_3750.jpeg

• Like 10

16 hours ago, brock1 said:

large.Resizer_16892300717235.jpeglarge.Resizer_16892300714173.jpeglarge.Resizer_16892300710871.jpegHere you are. Plant & ripped with a JCB 2yr ago but still growing every year stronger regardless. Self sown 2 seasons now. Biggest over 6ft already. :hippy:

Nice plants, one question though, what is a JCB?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, childofmelee said:

Nice plants, one question though, what is a JCB?

A digger. I know its the company that makes them & I should of been more precise. 

On 04/07/2023 at 3:55 AM, Crow River said:

I haven't, but I am about to. Mix of autos, and photo clones. Why not just give it a whirl? Might work out, but if not, not much time wasted. :) 

brave man!!! i’d imagine starting conditions would have to be near perfect to do this!……… i dont like big brown patches so mine are sown in to the green! i generally have to go once a week at least to do a stomp down but security wise(eye in the sky!) i feel its the only safe option i have!

be lucky mate :) *thumbs up* 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demdoll said:

brave man!!! i’d imagine starting conditions would have to be near perfect to do this!……… i dont like big brown patches so mine are sown in to the green! i generally have to go once a week at least to do a stomp down but security wise(eye in the sky!) i feel its the only safe option i have!

be lucky mate :) *thumbs up* 

Do you do anything to protect the plants from rabbits, deer, foxes? Or just let nature take its course?

• Like 1

Just now, Crow River said:

Do you do anything to protect the plants from rabbits, deer, foxes? Or just let nature take its course?

yeah mate! whatever pests i identify i protect against! there are low key ways of doing it all! deer fence for example is simple 40lb mono strung between camouflaged stakes! anything i use has to be hidden also! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demdoll said:

yeah mate! whatever pests i identify i protect against! there are low key ways of doing it all! deer fence for example is simple 40lb mono strung between camouflaged stakes! anything i use has to be hidden also! 

That's a good technique. I've got loads of fishing line so could maybe use some. Don't have deer at my plots, but for plant and leave I'll be going to places I don't normally consider, so deer could be an issue. My main pests are foxes, rabbits, rats and obviously slimy beggars and leaf munching insects. Usually use chicken wire to keep foxes and rabbits at bay, but it's not very stealthy...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crow River said:

That's a good technique. I've got loads of fishing line so could maybe use some. Don't have deer at my plots, but for plant and leave I'll be going to places I don't normally consider, so deer could be an issue. My main pests are foxes, rabbits, rats and obviously slimy beggars and leaf munching insects. Usually use chicken wire to keep foxes and rabbits at bay, but it's not very stealthy...

got a plot full of frogs so the slimy bastards haven't got a chance, its very rural so rats are no problem and we dont have rabbits either! there are phesant shoots around about the plot so Foxes are regularly culled!

pls God we get left alone at this plot coz its close to perfect :) 

• Like 1

It's a good question and people have certainly done it.

But with my experience it has never gone well.

With me, the surrounding vegetation takes over. Strangles the ladies, grows bigger and blocks the sun, steals all the valuable nutrients.

Also you gotta pray for no droughts.

The best bet is to go back a few times for plot clean ups and waterings in my opinion.

• Like 3

On 04/07/2023 at 0:00 PM, Hashslag said:

Personally, I don't know why you would risk it to that degree. Especially with the droughts we seem to be getting more and more of over here - I would at least pay the occasional visit to check up, and make visits to water them if it's especially dry.

the last drought in the UK was about 12yr ago. and the one before that was also roughly 12yrs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demdoll said:

the last drought in the UK was about 12yr ago. and the one before that was also roughly 12yrs!

That's not true.

Several areas in the UK were declared in drought in 2022 after a very dry and hot summer.

• Like 3