Anyone done a "plant and leave" (Plant out and only come back at harvest time)?

childofmelee

16 hours ago, OldFord said:

Check out Richard Jacksons  , was a QVC shopping CH item that actually works and gained a good rep worldwide  :yep:

Flower Power is another feed i use all over the garden & my girls,  its cheap / effective and lasts a long time , its a lazy gardeners feed lol   

Also their Bug & Mildew works well also.   

Alright thanks, I'll take a look at those items.

11 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

@childofmelee You got much swampy type areas about? 

I do know of a swampy area near my location, why is that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brock1 said:

Yes I have done plant & leave because I am lazy :P Best advice is plant at a early stage with a decent mulching & cage. What else can I say leave :rofl:

Did the plants turn out alright?, no broken branches or mold issues?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, childofmelee said:

I do know of a swampy area near my location, why is that?

Wet areas = the legendary Swamp Tubes    Search on here :yep:        Been some great grows in wetter ares using them.      Genetics play a big part too.   

• Like 2

Wet areas = the legendary Swamp Tubes    Search on here :yep:        Been some great grows in wetter ares using them.      Genetics play a big part too.   

Thanks I'll have a search for them.

On 07/07/2023 at 1:56 AM, childofmelee said:

Did the plants turn out alright?, no broken branches or mold issues?

No issues at all. I have a self sown path i will get a picture tomorrow & show you what plant & leave plants look like :yep:

• Like 2

On 04/07/2023 at 9:59 PM, childofmelee said:

I'm in NZ and we don't get droughts here, we just get rain and high humidity.  But yeah maybe a few visits won't hurt.  It also depends on the location of the plots, don't want to leave tracks for the rippers to find, I've lost plants before after being spotted going into the bush.  

Stealth skills are needed in this game no matter where your from bro.. growing the plants is the easy bit imo, getting away with it is by far the hardest part..we have to go to great lengths to make that happen and I will be the first to say it can be a ball ache at times..plant and leave will always be a risk and more often than not it will end up failing for various reasons.. you stand a much better chance even if you could only visit once a month dude :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, brock1 said:

No issues at all. I have a self sown path i will get a picture tomorrow & show you what plant & leave plants look like :yep:

Yeah seeing picture of the plants would be great!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Stealth skills are needed in this game no matter where your from bro.. growing the plants is the easy bit imo, getting away with it is by far the hardest part..we have to go to great lengths to make that happen and I will be the first to say it can be a ball ache at times..plant and leave will always be a risk and more often than not it will end up failing for various reasons.. you stand a much better chance even if you could only visit once a month dude :yep:

Yeah even something as simple as the sun reflecting off your phone screen can gave away your position in the bush, last season I spotted something reflecting in the bush momentarily from around 1500 metres away on a hill so I went and investigated only to realize it was another grower prepping his plot.

• Like 2

Plant and leave is 100% possible.  You just need the right conditions. I've done it. 

1. Deceny loamy soil

2. Stelthy South facing plot 

3. Heavy duty plant protection

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Plant and leave is 100% possible.  You just need the right conditions. I've done it. 

1. Deceny loamy soil

2. Stelthy South facing plot 

3. Heavy duty plant protection

Okay I'll look for some places with decent soil.  it will be north facing plots for me as I'm in the southern hemisphere and I'll cage the plants up.

• Like 1

large.Resizer_16892300717235.jpeglarge.Resizer_16892300714173.jpeglarge.Resizer_16892300710871.jpegHere you are. Plant & ripped with a JCB 2yr ago but still growing every year stronger regardless. Self sown 2 seasons now. Biggest over 6ft already. :hippy:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, brock1 said:

Here you are. Plant & ripped with a JCB 2yr ago but still growing every year stronger regardless. Self sown 2 seasons now. Biggest over 6ft already. :hippy:

Impressive! What strain is that mate?

• Like 1