Barneys Farm Runtz Auto Grow Diary

Falcore

Just now, Lubdub said:

I try to avoid watering right before lights out, I did that on a coldish day once and it spiralled my grow down into semi-disaster. 

But if the soil is dry and the plants are thirsty, water them regardless!

ok thank you, ill probabily stick to watering when the lights just come on

thanks

Just now, Falcore said:

ok thank you, ill probabily stick to watering when the lights just come on

Remember their needs will change, my auto needed more the bigger she got ... now she gulps it down. :hippy:

• Like 1
Just now, handysmoker said:

Remember their needs will change, my auto needed more the bigger she got ... now she gulps it down. :hippy:

yeah im sticking to every other day at the moment as im trying to tune myself in and watch her. see if she changes, i dont wanna overwater but i suppose in coco its easier to undo than soil? as coco dries out quicker? i may be wrong

• Like 1

In a large pot you've got absolutely no idea how far the roots have progressed.

Even although they(autos) can go straight to final pots,

you're not making things easy for yourself,

especially in coco.

In future I'd recommend that you start in much smaller pots,

to give you more control.

But for now...

I'd give the pot a full feed/irrigation until you get 20% runoff and allow 3 - 7 days for the plant to spread it's roots before soaking again.

Do not allow pots to sit in the runoff,

it's called runoff for a reason,

you can test it before discarding it if you need info on what to change(if anything) about the feeding/irrigation.

I'm sure others will give different advice,

but there's more than one way to paint a bridge :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

In a large pot you've got absolutely no idea how far the roots have progressed.

Even although they(autos) can go straight to final pots,

you're not making things easy for yourself,

especially in coco.

In future I'd recommend that you start in much smaller pots,

to give you more control.

But for now...

I'd give the pot a full feed/irrigation until you get 20% runoff and allow 3 - 7 days for the plant to spread it's roots before soaking again.

Do not allow pots to sit in the runoff,

it's called runoff for a reason,

you can test it before discarding it if you need info on what to change(if anything) about the feeding/irrigation.

I'm sure others will give different advice,

but there's more than one way to paint a bridge :) 

Atb

thanks for the advice, that means i have not been giving enough water , im new so any help is appriciated, someone shown me and its like a bug thats got me, i want to learn. ( found a new hobby that i actually like )

i have another 3 x runtz auto to do and 6 x strawberry cheesecake autos to do because someone said auto are easier......... HOW wrong was i after looking at these posts

i need a photo in my life, i can top it , lolipop it, clone it the lot but for now im stuck with all these autos

about the run off i could do it but, im in fabric pots how would i suspend it so its not sitting in its own juices so to speak

thanks in advance

alan

• Like 1
Just now, Falcore said:

in fabric pots how would i suspend it so its not sitting in its own juices so to speak

I think that may easier to do standing on something .... you knock something up .... my mind hanging would be a pain in the ass :smokin:

• Like 1
Just now, handysmoker said:

I think that may easier to do standing on something .... you knock something up .... my mind hanging would be a pain in the ass :smokin:

yeah i was thinking how am i gonna suspend that , smoking some orange sherbet at the min so pretty tuned in lol:smokin:

has anyone got something they could show me how they have suspended there fabric pots

thanks in advance you guys are really great

Alan

• Like 1

ok i need to ask something my MRS said can i put one of the cucmber seedlings into my tent to experiment which takes off better, is this a issue with my girls or is this ok? i know fucking random lol:wallbash:

thanks

Alan

• Like 2

hey guys,

so its been a week and what can i say ive had explosive growth.

unsure whats up with plant 3 buy ive give her more water see if she perks up a little. ill watch over her for the next few days.

unsure if i should do LST. never done it before dont know how and im afraid ill damage on of them as a newbie. i presume i can pick these skills up along the way.

ive put a fan in there which i switch on a few times a day so it gives the stems strength.

nothing much else i can say right now apart from i think there looking ok? should i turn my viparspectra up to 75% now is this the 'Veg' stage? sorry for all the questions

also sorry not been active, having a hard time with me anxiety at the moment

plant 1

large.runtz2905231.jpg

plant 2

large.runtz2905232.jpg

plant 3

large.runtz2905233.jpg

Alan

• Like 2

There's no need to be anxious about posting on here :) 

Everything is nice and anonymous.

You may even find that getting chatting with other members might ease your mind,

we're all very similar even although we can be quite different.

We all just want to be able to have a smoke without worrying about our health from dealer weed or the law.

Once you have 10 more posts under your belt you'll be able to use the private messaging facility,

when you get to 50 posts feel free to give me a shout to talk shit :thumsup:

Ps. Your plants look ok :yep:

Some develop quicker than others.

Get used to the weight of the pots for figuring out if they need water or not.

Atb

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Falcore said:

unsure if i should do LST. never done it before dont know how and im afraid ill damage on of them as a newbie. i presume i can pick these skills up along the way.

Yes do it,

I had zero experience and left it a bit late ... not that hard for simple work .... wrap some string (soft) around your select branch and then pull gently in the direction you want it to go and only a small amount and secure the other end to your pot rim or where ever works for you. And yes it's something you can build your skills on with

Next day pull a little more and so on .... hope you got that OK :hippy:

there are some guys on here that have turned it into an art work :notworthy:

@Shumroom has been my guide, so he's solid and good advice

Edited by handysmoker
  • Like 3

Remember to tie a piece of string around the base of the plant,

tie it off in the opposite direction from which you want to pull the stem.

This will support the base.

Atb

• Like 2

agh ... yes .... maybe I shouldn't be stoned and watching TV when I answer.

:wallbash: (just love this little guy)

:hippy:

• Like 2
Just now, Shumroom said:

There's no need to be anxious about posting on here :) 

Everything is nice and anonymous.

You may even find that getting chatting with other members might ease your mind,

we're all very similar even although we can be quite different.

We all just want to be able to have a smoke without worrying about our health from dealer weed or the law.

Once you have 10 more posts under your belt you'll be able to use the private messaging facility,

when you get to 50 posts feel free to give me a shout to talk shit :thumsup:

Ps. Your plants look ok :yep:

Some develop quicker than others.

Get used to the weight of the pots for figuring out if they need water or not.

Atb

thanks man i appriciate that alot, im just struggling with life in general, dont know whats triggered it but ill get through it!

and yeah i just want to smoke weed, not have to deal with sketchy dealers meeting me in stupid places and making me wait 30 mins just for a Oz of weed which is expensive.

Alan

• Like 2
1 minute ago, handysmoker said:

Yes do it,

I had zero experience and left it a bit late ... not that hard for simple work .... wrap some string (soft) around your select branch and then pull gently in the direction you want it to go and only a small amount and secure the other end to your pot rim or where ever works for you. And yes it's something you can build your skills on with

Next day pull a little more and so on .... hope you got that OK :hippy:

there are some guys on here that have turned it into an art work :notworthy:

@Shumroom has been my guide, so he's solid and good advice

thank you ill give it a go, i dont want to snap a stem, should i start now? also should i turn my light from 50% to 75%?

thanks in advance

Alan

• Like 1