Barneys Farm Runtz Auto Grow Diary

Falcore

Hey all,

this is my first grow in a long long time. i know my equipment isnt the best at the moment but its what i have to work with currently.

my current setup is a 100 x 100 x 180 grow tent, 6 inch extraction fan, 6 inch carbon filter which is overkill and takes up too much space in the grow tent IMO

i started the girls off with a WAKAME Red/Blue light ( i was given it to get me going ) then i was recommended a ViparSpectra p2000 by handysmoker as there a silimar light to the sf2000 by spider farmer just a bit cheaper and they use the LM281+ diodes as opposed to the LM301B that the SF2000 uses. ( i know its made for a 2 x 4 lol like i said im using what i have )

its currently hanging 40cm from the canopy and the girls seem to like it. but i have had it running at 75% power and noticed the leaves were looking different so ive changed it down to 50% please tell me if you think i was right or wrong in this situation.

Nutrients that im using are General Hydrponics GHE ( FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom ) mixing it as it says on the bottle for veg stage aiming for a PH of around 6.4 or as close to 5.8 as i can get it without stressing too much growing in coco with perlite

might be watering them too little i dont know, im looking for people to help me along my journey so i can be the best that i can with the equipment i have got.

here are a couple of pictures of them, dont ask me how old they are as i didnt make a note of when i popped them, i was too excited and wanted to see them grow lol

large.runtz1.jpglarge.runtz4.jpglarge.runtz3.jpglarge.runtz2.jpg

thank for taking the time to read all of this lol ill be posting weekly updates from todays date

Alan

• Like 1

I haven’t used the exact nutrients you’re using,

are they a coco specific version?

Coco requires its own type of nutrients.

Other folk will chime in with they’re thoughts and questions :) 

Atb

Well done getting the photos up :yep:

you passed the test lol 

:yinyang:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Falcore said:

its currently hanging 40cm from the canopy and the girls seem to like it. but i have had it running at 75% power and noticed the leaves were looking different so ive changed it down to 50% please tell me if you think i was right or wrong in this situation.

I'm working the P1000 ... so that's my benchmark. Try dropping down to 10" and at 50%. They're too young for full power, that'll come in veg mode, then 100% for flowers. Keep an eye on plant/light distance. Plus, don't rely on the manual PPFD chart, every grow is different. Today my plant is 18" high and light is 8-9" above her at 100% ... that may change tomorrow. :)

others will answer those other Q not got knowledge with coco :yep:

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Shumroom said:
22 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I haven’t used the exact nutrients you’re using,

are they a coco specific version?

Coco requires its own type of nutrients.

Other folk will chime in with they’re thoughts and questions :) 

Atb

Well done getting the photos up :yep:

you passed the test lol 

thats a very good question im unsure about the nutes. i think they are? i can change the nutes if needed on payday.

and yeah i work 4 on 4 off, so  ill be more posting on my 4 days off lol:bong:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

I'm working the P1000 ... so that's my benchmark. Try dropping down to 10" and at 50%. They're too young for full power, that'll come in veg mode, then 100% for flowers. Keep an eye on plant/light distance. Plus, don't rely on the manual PPFD chart, every grow is different. Today my plant is 18" high and light is 8-9" above her at 100% ... that may change tomorrow. :)

others will answer those other Q not got knowledge with coco :yep:

you was right about the light its very bright! ive dropped the power to 50%, think i was a little too prompt with the 75% lol  thank you for pointing me into the right direction for a similar light, you was right it waas cheaper

• Like 3

i have a question too,

can i spray the leaves of my plants/ should i be spraying my leaves? if so with what

tia

alan

• Like 1

I didn't on the little ones but do now there big ... yes with room temp water :)

9 minutes ago, Falcore said:

you was right about the light its very bright

I only got the 1000, I can Imagen high the 2000 is.:B):

2 hours ago, Falcore said:

think i was a little too prompt with the 75%

I was as well ... straight in at 75% ... I think it was @Shumroom that suggested down to 50% .... he also showed the way with PPFD and DLI and how to keep an eye on it, do you know this stuff? If so great :yep:

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

I was as well ... straight in at 75% ... I think it was @Shumroom that suggested down to 50% .... he also showed the way with PPFD and DLI and how to keep an eye on it, do you know this stuff? If so great :yep:

Nope im new to LED growing any help is a bonus

Alan

Edited by Falcore
  • Like 2

You wanna be careful spraying plants during lights on,

as it’s possible for the water droplets to act like a lens focusing the light onto the leaves which can cause leaf damage.

It’s best if you want to spray your plants with anything to do it just as the lights are going off.

I like to use a very mild seaweed solution for occasional foliar feeding/spraying :thumsup:

Atb

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Shumroom said:

water droplets to act like a lens focusing the light onto the leaves which can cause leaf damage.

Yeah, sorry, forgot about that… :unsure:

As for your PPFD and DLI, pop over to growlightmeter.com/blog/ and have a read and there are some videos as well, on the home page about halfway down ... then DL the app, it's free and no ads.

If you need help from there, please ask :yep:

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Shumroom said:

It’s best if you want to spray your plants with anything to do it just as the lights are going off.

is it best not too then and leave them how they are? dont wanna take the risk of burning them if there is still droplets on them when light comes back on if that makes sense

12 hours ago, Shumroom said:

6 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Yeah, sorry, forgot about that… :unsure:

As for your PPFD and DLI, pop over to growlightmeter.com/blog/ and have a read and there are some videos as well, on the home page about halfway down ... then DL the app, it's free and no ads.

If you need help from there, please ask :yep:

thanks ill go and have a look

alan

• Like 1

when is the best time to water, when lights are off or just as they come on? or doesnt it matter? what have you found best?

tia

Alan

Just now, Falcore said:

when is the best time to water

I try to avoid watering right before lights out, I did that on a coldish day once and it spiralled my grow down into semi-disaster. 

But if the soil is dry and the plants are thirsty, water them regardless!

Edited by Lubdub
  • Like 3