Brock’s BSM Grow Diary

5Lip

Shouldn't do any harm, just raise the light intensity a bit so the still get the same DLI. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

large.6CA08659-3200-44E0-B938-22E37AA0AF43.jpeglarge.203A17A0-F788-4F22-9CF2-E02671AAB2DB.jpeg

Day 28 - she’s looking great IMO and doesn’t seem to have suffered from the hot temps at all, although thanks to some advice on here I switched my lights from 24/7 to 18/6 and this definitely helped. Upped feed to 1ml / l terra grow with 0.5 ml / l cal mag looks like she’s had a bit of stretch over the past few days loads of tops so happy with current progress 

• Like 6

@brock1 wondering your views on a bit of “defoliation” as I know some people don’t touch them and others like to keep the lower canopy area open for air flow. It’s looking a bit busy in there, top’s absolutely everywhere really happy with progress so far

• Like 3
10 hours ago, 5Lip said:

@brock1 wondering your views on a bit of “defoliation” as I know some people don’t touch them and others like to keep the lower canopy area open for air flow. It’s looking a bit busy in there, top’s absolutely everywhere really happy with progress so far

I don't remove bottom leaves because I like to see the plants as natural as possible structure. That doesn't mean you shouldn't as your growing for buds so go right ahead & do what you feel comfortable doing. These do respond ok to topping ect also but again I just don't. I will sometimes stress train them for convenience but then I tell myself the wind could of done that lol

• Like 2

large.IMG_1862.jpeglarge.IMG_1861.jpeg

Day 35 she's looking awesome I've never had so many tops on a plant before so I'm really excited for this one. I've tied / untied & retired and sort of happy with the canopy. She'll get a little trim underneath tomorrow then be left in peace to kick on. Currently using 2.5 litres every 2-2.5 days (not letting the pot get too dry) and feeding 2.5 ml / l terra grow with 0.5 ml / l cal/mag. I've always had my lights on 24/7 but switced to 18/6 for this grow and although I can't put my finger on it and it's early days, they do definitely seem healthier and happier

• Like 6
30 minutes ago, 5Lip said:

large.IMG_1862.jpeglarge.IMG_1861.jpeg

Day 35 she's looking awesome I've never had so many tops on a plant before so I'm really excited for this one. I've tied / untied & retired and sort of happy with the canopy. She'll get a little trim underneath tomorrow then be left in peace to kick on. Currently using 2.5 litres every 2-2.5 days (not letting the pot get too dry) and feeding 2.5 ml / l terra grow with 0.5 ml / l cal/mag. I've always had my lights on 24/7 but switced to 18/6 for this grow and although I can't put my finger on it and it's early days, they do definitely seem healthier and happier

Looking good. One thing I will say about autos is you can dial in the light cycle far better than a photoperiod strain. The people who say I grow a auto in 2010 & their rubbish & can't compete with a photoperiod on 12hr light ect I just don't have time for. :banned:the remind me of the old fem Seed's are the devils work brigade with their pitch falls at the ready :pitchfork: Honestly starting 24hr will provide the best start & biggest plants but once flowering starts reducing the light to around 15-17hr. The last 3 week 10-13hr. Watch how crazy the high can get with auto's & people say their not strong. I say people can't dial in a room to suit a strain & grow all photoperiod strains on 12/12 flowering every cycle still. Honestly @5Lip you can't learn to dial the light sycle in on a photoperiod strain like you can a auto. Photoperiod strains are far less forgiving. 

• Like 8

large.IMG_1874.jpeglarge.IMG_1873.jpeg

Day 42 shame about the canopy but she's looking happy and healthy and currently taking around 2.5 l of water (3ml / l feed and 0.5 ml / l call mag) and starting to bud up nicely

• Like 7
17 hours ago, 5Lip said:

@brock1you suggested decreasing light levels towards the end of the grow is this something you do with all your autos?

That depends if I can. If its in a mother rook it stays on 18hr start to finish & only get 48hr dark before harvest.  Like wise id its a shared auto photo room its get what the photoperiods are getting. A dedicated auto grow then yes I reduce as I suggested :yep:

• Like 3

large.IMG_1879.jpeglarge.IMG_1880.jpeg

Day 49 and she's still looking great. She's been moved about a bit this week while I've been working on my grow area but doesn't seem too phased

Special thanks to all those that advised "doing it properly" when it came to my electrics, I can't find the original thread but your warnings and advice was gladly taken 

• Like 8

large.IMG_1908.jpeglarge.IMG_1909.jpegDay 56 - starting to fill out a bit now it looking great imo, this has been by far the "easiest" (problem free) plant I've grown to date

• Like 9