Brock’s BSM Grow Diary

5Lip

large.C3A33E2D-A6C2-43B2-BF05-4331E17497C4.jpeglarge.BACA31E7-BE63-4C40-AF6D-684C52977A5E.jpegOn a side note I’d appreciate your opinion on the “readiness” of my current run. I’d normally wait until between 10-20% are amber but my current supply is running very low and I need to allow sufficient dry time so keen to either chop or part chop soon

• Like 3

large.6476518D-5F63-4182-ABAB-FA64328105D6.jpeg

Day 14 - nothing to report really apart from the temps have been high in the room of late but that doesn’t seem to have bothered her in the slightest. 

• Like 4

Looking good lip, how much dirt have you got in there mate ? 

I've got some autos for my next run and have been contemplating whether to start them in the final pots or not, the ones I've done before were always started in smaller but potted up faster (missing out stages).

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Looking good lip, how much dirt have you got in there mate ? 

I've got some autos for my next run and have been contemplating whether to start them in the final pots or not, the ones I've done before were always started in smaller but potted up faster (missing out stages).

I think they are 18l buckets filled approx 2/3 supreme soil 1/3 coco. To be honest the buckets are for my fishing bait I just happen to have quite a few of them so decided to use. 

There’s plenty to read around potting up autos as I’m sure you already have but once germinated I put my seeds in a root riot cube (soaked in a weak mix of root stimulant and water) then straight into the 18l bucket under the light. I’ve done the same thing since day 1 and it’s never not worked

• Like 4

I'm not going that big, think my big pots are 7.5 or 10L, not 100% sure as I've never used them. I'm going to do half in bio light & half as an experiment in Incredicompost. Should be getting them ready for the tent in 3-4wks, not sure I'll be able to fit the finals in the cupboard though, so I have to decide if getting a weeks head start or waiting for the tent to empty is the way to go.

Anyway I'll not hijack your thread any more but I'll be putting my chair in the corner. :hippy:

• Like 3

large.B3C25106-7EEF-4176-A61E-79674429C5E2.jpeglarge.6BBDED77-667D-49EA-AE7D-FC64179A73E1.jpeg

Day 21 and she’s looking great although temps are very high in the room which I’m starting to become concerned about. She’s responded well to a bit of bending and today was the first day the bucket felt dry enough to give her her first full watering (with 0.5 ml/l calmag and 0.5 ml/l shogun terra grow)

• Like 5

These will handle dry spells pretty good just like they do flooding outdoor. Over the year's I have let them get really dry in the tunnels. Early on it will impact growth letting them dry but if you cant get to them to water your going to be ok still. Your plant's looking nice & well trained :hippy:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 5Lip said:

It's upper 30's during the hottest part of the day

Ok yeah that's definitely a little too high, are you running your lights through the night? That can be a huge help. If not you'll have to find some way to bring it down a bit, could you maybe turn your lights down and move them closer to the plants? I'm working on extending the cable for my driver so I can keep it outside the tent. It's not a particularly difficult job, similar to wiring a plug. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

Bottles of frozen water attached to the back of fans helps bring the temperature down. You can also add them to inlet pipes but make sure their secure because you don't want your fan sucking in a bottle of ice.

• Like 3

Wondering if it would be too late to switch them to 18/6 (they’ve been on 24/7 since day 1) this way I could have the lights off between 1-6pm which would help I guess 

• Like 2