Brock’s BSM Grow Diary

5Lip

4 hours ago, 5Lip said:

32 degrees in the grow room today - any tips for keeping the temps down

Is your air-circulation fan next to the heat of the light blowing down? I noticed there's a significant difference in temps when my fan is dragging the hot air down into the canopy/lower part of the tent. 

3 hours ago, brock1 said:

reduce the hours of light towards the end of flowering

Like from 18/6 to 12/12? 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

@brock1 would you recommend reducing the light with all of the autos ie. Bsm, hazeberry gum, SHD X ge, SHD X auto ultimate and SHD X bbg??

I would recommend it with any auto grown indoor not just my own.  See i don't likw people saying auto are not as strong as photoperiod strains because is not true. Its not necessary but I found it helps to increase potency even with the weak old lowryder type auto's. If your growing them in a mother room it's not a option & they will still do fine but I do notice a difference in auto's that are finished with 12hr for the last 4 weeks then given 3 days total dark before chopping compared to auto's in a mother room. Treat them like a photoperiod in late flowering & get the potency i find.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 6

@brock1 what are your views on light cycle throughout the grow? I’ve been on 24/7 since I started a couple of years ago but read lots of differing opinions

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, 5Lip said:

@brock1 what are your views on light cycle throughout the grow? I’ve been on 24/7 since I started a couple of years ago but read lots of differing opinions

I like to start at are 18-20hr of lights i only start reducing this at around 4-6 weeks depending on the strain. I find auto's just like photoperiod strains can be optimised by manipulation of the hours of light. I find sativas for example prefer as little as 8rh light for flowering while others like 13hr for flowering. With my SHD auto's I like to start on 18hr, 4 weeking into flowering drop to 16hr, and for the last 3 weeks I go to 10hr with a final 3 day's dark period before chop.

Seed crops I run straight through at 18hr or a shared mother/veging room.

If growing with a regular crop again it take the same hr as the other plant's usually between 10-13hr flowering sycle and 18 vegetable cycle. :hippy:

• Like 3
Just now, brock1 said:

I like to start at are 18-20hr of lights i only start reducing this at around 4-6 weeks depending on the strain. I find auto's just like photoperiod strains can be optimised by manipulation of the hours of light. I find sativas for example prefer as little as 8rh light for flowering while others like 13hr for flowering. With my SHD auto's I like to start on 18hr, 4 weeking into flowering drop to 16hr, and for the last 3 weeks I go to 10hr with a final 3 day's dark period before chop.

If growing with a regular crop again it take the same hr as the other plant's usually between 10-13hr flowering sycle and 18 vegetable cycle. :hippy:

Awesome thanks 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, brock1 said:

I think I will give this a go on my current grow now entering flowering,,does this effect yield substantially though? not a problem for me as only a small grow & just for me,I prefer to go for potency above yield however some people reading this thread may want higher yield over potency,cheers

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MARLO-HI said:

I think I will give this a go on my current grow now entering flowering,,does this effect yield substantially though? not a problem for me as only a small grow & just for me,I prefer to go for potency above yield however some people reading this thread may want higher yield over potency,cheers

It will effect Yeild but not a lot as most of the weight is already produced and your ripening already developed buds :hippy:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Those look really, really nice dude :bong:

Assume the holes round the rims are for training ... ?

yes mate