old classic sensi strains

badbillybob

The green box  packs were defo at sensi before  2006 cos my mate bought a pack of afghani #1 in the sensi shop whilst we were in the  dam in  2004 that came in the green box  packs.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Great thread this it reminds me of the good old 90's smoke as most of us would agree Sensi Seeds were a bit spectacular back then and a standout seed comp! Give me a bit of Jack, widow, silver haze any day! I had a bit of flash off someone the other day and still rocks now!  Wish them old beans were back again. Peace. 

• Like 3

@badbillybob That’s what I keep saying lol just sussing out the right plan of action. Apparently some old seeds are still viable but the food source within the seed is depleted so you need to supplement with glucose etc. they’re also more prone to disease so the outer shell should be sterilised first with 1% peroxide etc. Also hormones like Ga3 help the seed along too it gets pretty sciencey 

Germing old seeds can be quite the challenge, I have been looking at tissue culture and embryo rescue research. Not something I could do as I don’t have the necessary equipment but someone in Switzerland does and some degrees in biology so maybe they can help out 

@HazyDaze Do you have any more info or know someone who does ? Been trying to peace together time frames but hard to find info before 2006. I know pre 2006 they did 15 packs that stopped after 2006 so I assume that was when the change was made. 

dr feel good seems to think the cellophane packs with the snake on are after the 2000 mark but without are before then. But I cant suss out when the cellophane packs stopped and changed to the green packs.

There is a thread on this site I think that referred to the green boxes being a brand new design in 2006 but it’s hard to find out 100% answers 

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 1

@badbillybob Probs not the best answer to your thread as you’re looking for skunk but I will say a large number of the jack herers I have going at the moment are giving off loads of skunky smells but at 165 euro a pack it’s not a cheap way to grow some skunk lol also have a couple of lemony sativa learners but skunk seems to be the dominant trait im finding from them so far 

Hi bud, as far as I can remember it was changed not long before that afghani pack was bought  in 2004, I'm sure I remember asking the person behind the counter how old the seeds were and they mentioned about  the new packaging, so its likely closer  2003 or early into '04.

:yinyang:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HazyHashMan said:

@4kali I'm pretty sure before 2006 sensi only did the 15 seed packs that came in the clear cellophane packs with card and the green packs didn't appear until after 2006. Think they all originally came in a box too as well as the card inside. Your jack herer and hashplant are the older 2006 ones before they changed the batch number.

@lildaveham If you check the back of the green card with the seeds in it'll have a batch number on there, if it's 347 it'll be 2006-12

yes your correct as far as I remember the ones I got bk then were in 15 seed pack!

came later years when they reduced numbers per pack

• Like 1

@4kali perhaps the cellophane packs ended sooner than I thought then. And the green packs started sooner but without the box ? Be good if anyone knows roughly when the cellophane packs stopped. hazydaze recons new packs was bit sooner like 2003 which makes sense then the 10 seed packs came in 2006 

13 hours ago, HazyHashMan said:

@lildaveham If you check the back of the green card with the seeds in it'll have a batch number on there, if it's 347 it'll be 2006-12

FWIW

Sorry for the hijack @badbillybob

large.IMGP8148.jpg

• Like 6

I got there hindu kush i think in 04 and they came in the new box packaging, sadly they were shite.

• Like 4

On 23/05/2023 at 6:55 AM, 4kali said:

my man as always respect and appreciate your input here on uk420 so would like to ask have you got any protocols for germinating with success such old seeds

I've been reading a bit of literature on the subject lately so any input would be greatly appreciated

atb 4k

Sorry I haven’t responded sooner @4kali and thanks for your kind words. Your input hasn’t gone unnoticed either and is appreciated :yep: 

With regards to popping old seeds I haven’t ever popped some this old to be honest. The oldest ones I have germinated were 12-15 years old just recently. I used my usual method of a 24 hr soak in tepid tap water, I poke em if they are still floating to see if they sink after 24hrs. If they sink I know they have absorbed some water and the shell has softened. Then they go into jiffy plugs and into my little 60x90 prop tent with heat mat set at 24c.  

I seem to be lucky with my germination of seeds and usually get 100% with the odd one not popping. 

All my seeds have always been stored in a tupaware tub in the fridge. I have some Mazzar i sharif beans from the days when namka and real seeds were on the boards. They must be at least 15 years old. They keep calling me to try and pop them and I am thinking they would be good to try and germinate then if they do see if I can f2 some. Just gotta flower of one of your Chelato first and she’s only a week in the pot lol 

:blues:

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2023 at 7:29 AM, HazyHashMan said:

@4kali I'm pretty sure before 2006 sensi only did the 15 seed packs that came in the clear cellophane packs with card and the green packs didn't appear until after 2006. Think they all originally came in a box too as well as the card inside. Your jack herer and hashplant are the older 2006 ones before they changed the batch number.

Sensi seeds used to come in an outer pink box with their signature lady  inside is the green card with loose seeds.

I do have some old {empty!} boxes around somewhere. 
I have an old catalogue -I'll look and see how many were in the packs..
Okay, 15~16 seeds per pack, the little palm tree and sun logo you have on your packet is in the catalogue {20 euro} BUT the packets  in catalogue {1997}look different to yours.

They could be a later version with the bubble part? Hope they germinate for you!

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 9:01 AM, lildaveham said:

Sorry I haven’t responded sooner @4kali and thanks for your kind words. Your input hasn’t gone unnoticed either and is appreciated :yep: 

With regards to popping old seeds I haven’t ever popped some this old to be honest. The oldest ones I have germinated were 12-15 years old just recently. I used my usual method of a 24 hr soak in tepid tap water, I poke em if they are still floating to see if they sink after 24hrs. If they sink I know they have absorbed some water and the shell has softened. Then they go into jiffy plugs and into my little 60x90 prop tent with heat mat set at 24c.  

I seem to be lucky with my germination of seeds and usually get 100% with the odd one not popping. 

All my seeds have always been stored in a tupaware tub in the fridge. I have some Mazzar i sharif beans from the days when namka and real seeds were on the boards. They must be at least 15 years old. They keep calling me to try and pop them and I am thinking they would be good to try and germinate then if they do see if I can f2 some. Just gotta flower of one of your Chelato first and she’s only a week in the pot lol 

:blues:

Mazar~I~Sharif ..Bought some gorgeous Mazar hash in Amsterdam- 1997 what a lovely treat that was {Bluebird coffeeshop} What a sad place Afghanistan is now for many of the citizens since all the invasions. Especially hard for women and girls.

• Like 2

@Oakapple Please do get a pic of the pink packaging, from my research i thought the cellophane packs spanned from 1991-2001 area didn't think they had a different design but its hard to get all the info after all these years

• Like 2