old classic sensi strains

badbillybob

anyone grown out some of the old classics from sensi lately.

you know, stuff likem #1 , supersunk, afghani#1, shiva  etc

im reminiscing here and just wondering how it stacks up.

im sure there are better varieties but im just looking for some old skool skunk....,

anyone?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 14

I've got 4 packs of shiva skunk in the fridge I got this year actually... I'm not holding my breath for them being any good though lol

• Like 5

I have F2 from some old sensi maple leaf indica i will be growing end of this year or the beginning of next. Got a few of Karma's sour Diesel & inhouse stuff to go though first. 

• Like 7

I have a pack of Skunk #1 that must be at least 12 years old. Does anyone know if I can check with the serial number? 

:blues:

• Like 5

I don't know about serials, sorry.  I grew a Sensi Skunk#1 at the end of last year. I think the dry / cure must have gone a little out of bounds, because while the cheddar #1 (exodus) I grew with it (which is supposed to be a skunk #1 phenotype) smells and tastes great, the Skunk #1 is only a bit spicy and a tiny bit rotting oniony with a little pine hum, not the strong kind of rubber smelling skunk I was remembering.

Perhaps it was superskunk that had that hum back in the day, my memory has faded over the decades. Maybe the phenotype wasn't the best or perhaps as I started with, perhaps I just went a bit beyond good drying parameters and it lost something. As Chemdog was the other strain I grew and ended up with similarly low aroma and taste, I'm guessing it was the dry which ended a couple of days earlier than anticipated.  It's just weird in that case the Cheddar was still kickass.

• Like 2

Maybe not what you’re looking for mate but I recently grew out 3 seeds from a 5 pack of Sensi NL5xHaze fems. Got 2 short stocky ones with a peppery savoury smell and a short stretchy one, more sativa and again quite savoury, but also burnt rubber, metal and blueberry. 

I ran the second one again, she isn’t a great yielder but produces a lovely smoke and finishes in about 8 weeks. Tastes a bit like blues x with somthing from Greggs the bakers lol a sausage roll maybe..?  

Pretty much the complete opposite of the old NL5xHaze as I remember but interesting and skunky nevertheless. 

large.imgonline-com-ua-dexifsALtPXbeFrnI.jpg

• Like 17

3 hours ago, lildaveham said:

I have a pack of Skunk #1 that must be at least 12 years old. Does anyone know if I can check with the serial number? 

:blues:

sensi should be able to tell you ,on there customer service page.

the NL5 x haze looks like a contender too, altbho ive never smoked the proper blues to my knowledge, but everyone who has seems to like it.

i bought a pack a few years back but none sprouted, was so sick i never bought any more

the old superskunk had more afghani in it which gave out the strong burnt rubber smell, im sure.

im looking for a smelly old sour skunky strain, not so much the sweet side. (which most seem to lean towards_), but it must have the power...

there must be some newer strains that fit the bill, but i dont really keep up with the insta hype train.

ive been smoking lots of sweet  tasting/smelling strains, just need a bit of variety

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, badbillybob said:

anyone grown out some of the old classics from sensi lately.

you know, stuff likem #1 , supersunk, afghani#1, shiva  etc

im reminiscing here and just wondering how it stacks up.

im sure there are better varieties but im just looking for some old skool skunk....,

anyone?

I have not, but I did send in a Deep Chunk filial continuation to subs. It’s definitely not a sensi deal, but might fit into the idea of what you’re looking for. The mother had some herm traits when stressed. I didn’t have other stock to select from so I used that mother. The male made resin in flower and didn’t do any funny business on the reveg. Maybe worth looking at if you’ve got the time and space to anticipate the potential for herms. AK Bean Brains is also worth a look. He has a bunch of stuff that centers around 80s-00s Holland. 

E2A AKBB is legit in my opinion. I have a bunch of his gear. Currently running his Matanuska Thunder Fuck, TK x NL5Haze, Island Sweet Skunk x Chocolate Thai. They all look like winners. The TKNL5HAZE has me excited. Cool structure, good trichome development. He seems to make good choices in his parent plant selection. His Lemon Tree x Sensi Star was great shit. I grew the f2 and it was cool enough I went back for the f1 just for funsies. If you email him he’ll send a list as long as two of your arms.

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 4

I Wish
At one time as kids we had some original JA senis the same stuff we got our gum from....clones and pens can do awesome things back then :) 

They were small short plants with little buds but WOW..what a taste ,,,,,,,,,,Good things do come in small packages eh ;) ..

sadly that is no more.

Here or there!:wallbash:

Edited by gb1

I doubt there are any better varieties if they have something similar to the Shiva Shanti or it might have been Shiva Shanti II that I had years back. That was beautiful weed, you just don't see shit like that now 

:schmoll: 

• Like 5

A lot of people I know have loads of old sensi beans to go through ranging from late 90s up to the 2012 mark. Hopefully they’ll be some gold in those beans but won’t be an easy task popping them.

Non of them are the strains you listed but they have loads of California indica, Hawaiian indica, Marley’s collie, Jack herer, indoor mix, blackdomina, hashplant, Neville’s haze and more. Most of them in multiple old 15 packs so plenty of beans to try 

I’ve heard the jack herer went to shit after 2012 but before that was an excellent strain. I have a load of new fem jack herer stock from sensi in veg atm ready to be flipped any day now. 

Edited by HazyHashMan

@lildaveham If the serial number is similar too 1500000 then it’s after 2012/13. If the serial number is 2000 in a green box then it’ll be before 2012 but after 2006. If it’s in one of those cellophane 15 seed packs with the snakes on then it’s pre 2006 but post 2000

of it’s in a cellophane pack and doesn’t have a snake on then it’s pre 2000. 

took me hours surfing the web to find out all that info lol 

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 20

@lildaveham Out of curiosity what timeframe does your pack land in ? If it's pre 2012 from what i've heard a good amount of there varieties were still very good in that time frame

• Like 3