old classic sensi strains

badbillybob

@lildaveham It depends on the batch number if you still have it, usually on the outer box. It seems sensi introduced the green boxes with this packaging in 2006 with batch numbers with 4 digits starting with 2xxx depending on strain. Then in 2012/13 they continued making them like this but with a longer batch number starting with 15xxxxxxxx. So if the batch number is longer it'll be after 2012/13 but it also has the christmas lights meaning its definetly older than new sensi stock (not sure when they got rid of the christmas lights and face covering)

Oldest your pack could be is 2006-2012 or could be 2012-???? But it won't be in recent years as the christmas lights and face scarf thing forgot the name was taken out a while ago. Just checked sensi seeds site on the wayback machine archive and the christmas lights dissapear from the packaging at the end of 2016 so any pack with the newer batch code in old pack design is 2012-2016

here's an old snapshot of sensi's site when they first introduced the green packs https://web.archive.org/web/20060902004759/http://www.sensiseeds.com/default.asp?L=1

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 2

Here’s a pic of the old sensi green packs with the even older cellophane packs at the top. The jack herers and hash plant in this photo are 2006-2012 packs, all the cellophane packs are 2000-2006 with the exception of the Hawaiian indica in the top right which you can see doesn’t have a snake on so that’ll be from 90s stock 
large.FC0C57C8-9CDB-4DDD-A5F3-CF98C0090E7B.jpeg

• Like 5

@mikeydoughnut Your pack has the newer 1500000 serial number so your pack is between 2012-2016 best thing to do is look for grow diaries on forums in that time frame for best answer. There varieties have changed a lot over time so they can get better or worse. 

Online most people seem to think they went downhill after 2012 but could be heresay. 

• Like 1

@mikeydoughnut These are the only two notable mentions of it on this site during that time and doesn't sounds good. Never know though could be a good mum in there

• Like 2

Ahhh story of my life. They were gifted so I’ve not lost owt like. It costs a lot to do a grow these days so if they’re generally a bit pap I’ll give them a swerve :) cheers bud 

• Like 1

On 18.5.2023 at 10:52 AM, badbillybob said:

anyone grown out some of the old classics from sensi lately.

you know, stuff likem #1 , supersunk, afghani#1, shiva  etc

im reminiscing here and just wondering how it stacks up.

im sure there are better varieties but im just looking for some old skool skunk....,

anyone?

You could also look into Warlock from Serious. Very nice Skunk #1 cross.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lildaveham said:

@HazyHashMan

What do you reckon 2000 - 2006 ?

large.IMGP8145.jpglarge.IMGP8146.jpglarge.IMGP8147.jpg

dont know how this fits in but i grew out a couple of sensi jamaican pearl in same type of packet, they were really nice, not dense but unique terp profile and soaring high if i remember correctly, that would be around 2007-8....

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

THANKS,

ill have a look

Alright mate, all last year I was growing different phenos of karma sour crosses-

favourite was acid dawg, very very strong, probably the strongest bud I’ve had in years

very sour skunky smells with Chems in the back.

• Like 2

@Bud Baker I heard someone got hemp latent viroid from some of karmas seeds recently. Took a clone mother never mixed it with any other plants and tested positive, the seed game is going to be turned on its head soon if it already hasn't

On 21/05/2023 at 9:54 PM, lildaveham said:

@HazyHashMan

What do you reckon 2000 - 2006 ?

large.IMGP8145.jpglarge.IMGP8146.jpglarge.IMGP8147.jpg

I'm sure packs like that didn't have the outer green box prior to 2000. I bought a good few sensi strains back at this time

could be gold in them if there prior 2000 if I only knew then what I know now.....

I always found an outliner or two in the old sensi skunk seeds bk then that was totally different to the usual generic big yielding skunk

my favorite being a lemon skunk plant. tiny golf ball size nugs on a floppy sativa structure couldn't even support its own weight never mind a budded up plant it just used to lie flat on my support net. probobly one of the most distinct plants I've ever encountered. wish I could play with it now.

@lildaveham my man as always respect and appreciate your input here on uk420 so would like to ask have you got any protocols for germinating with success such old seeds

I've been reading a bit of literature on the subject lately so any input would be greatly appreciated

atb 4k

Edited by 4kali
  • Like 2

@4kali I'm pretty sure before 2006 sensi only did the 15 seed packs that came in the clear cellophane packs with card and the green packs didn't appear until after 2006. Think they all originally came in a box too as well as the card inside. Your jack herer and hashplant are the older 2006 ones before they changed the batch number.

@lildaveham If you check the back of the green card with the seeds in it'll have a batch number on there, if it's 347 it'll be 2006-12

get them soaked then, and lets see if theres anything good amongst them....

zero point in hoarding 10-20 year old seeds....

• Like 5