Don’t have to worry about police helicopters anymore!!

Slippy One

If you ask about the loft growers have all got spare tin foil hats you can wear.

Turns out they were of no use to us :no:

• Like 2

What about growing in the garden if you have one? Ive never given drones a thought , just police helicopters and nosey neighbours....cnuts :unsure:

• Like 2

I really did retire at the right time! :D 

Fuck thaatttttt! lol

They're everywhere, not just railways, those who feel safe thinking no cattle rustlers are in their hoods! lol 

• Like 3

I reckon a pair of quality binoculars would be the best defense. Now way they'll spot you if you spot them 1st..  :yep:

@anonymouse

I would have thought that the jammer would probably jam the signal controlling the drone and it may fall out of the sky but the operator may see a drop in signal if there's a signal monitor and pull back.. I'm not an expert in the electronics side but it fascinates me what can be done with electronics.. Not much power is needed for the jammer afaik and can be run on batteries and can have "remote on/off switch" too so you can be half a mile away and control it.. You could make one that totally wipes out signals with a constant transmission or one that pulses interference at a rapid rate but not enough to totally kill the signal, just interfere with the drone and controller so much so that they fkoff somewhere else :smokin:

• Like 1

There are at least three separate signals you could consider jamming, the control signals, the video feed and GPS.

My understanding is that most drones will return to a pre-defined 'home' location if their control signal is interrupted.

GPS jammers are illegal but widely available and would prevent the drone from returning home, it may well just land autonomously if it is unable to determine its location. Some GPS jammers are USB powered so you could use a power bank to run them. People use them to block trackers in e.g. their work van so you'd want to have a story ready along those lines if you are caught with one, that's a relatively minor offence compared to disrupting a police drone which could possibly be considered obstructing police?

• Like 2

Some plots will get lost to drones, some wont. You lot sound a bit paranoid tbh. Unlikely you will ever get arrested in the countryside in your plot even if spotted by one of those things

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geo1 said:

Some plots will get lost to drones, some wont. You lot sound a bit paranoid tbh. Unlikely you will ever get arrested in the countryside in your plot even if spotted by one of those things

Forget trying to jam, they work in teams. A little paranoia is a good thing when dealing with dumb laws, but totally agree with geo1, some will make it some won't. Just have a story if the worst happens. :yep:

• Like 1