Don’t have to worry about police helicopters anymore!!

Slippy One

1 hour ago, Ch@ppers said:

Someone has misled you there Slippy :yes:

We're doomed! :guitar:

For me, the drone pilot lost me under trees, which is why they sent 2 guys in, so possibly safe there. Surreal to see 2 officers walking toward me in a field.

I also forgot to mention that the po knew my name and email address before walking in, I suspect the DJI app secretly shares operator data with authorities.  

So anyone thinking of using a drone to check the coast is clear might actually be giving them something to investigate. According to the 2 officers, most thieves actually use drones too, which makes sense when searching for stuff to steal. lol

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 4

Just now, Underdog said:

Can't I do my two favourite things at the same time?!?! lol

Not anymore Louis CK, unless you want them to see? :wanker: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

The drone pilot lost me under trees................ I suspect the DJI app secretly shares operator data with authorities.  

Drones are maneuverable, drop down in altitude, whizz round the treeline, thermal picks you up again, if they have seen you once they will find you again.......... Don't register your drone when you first buy it or get 2'nd hand. 

• Like 4

@Ch@ppers Totally agree, they were most likely dealing with something else at the time and had the ground resources spare to investigate. Probably good exercise for them, they looked a little fresh.

I'm aware of the new regulations to register the fly app, but doesn't matter who is registered, they can see any drone nearby so most likely pique an interest. If I was being particular, I'm pretty sure they can check my previous GPS/telemetry data from the database to see where I fly, although I'm hoping I'm wrong on this.. :eek: 

• Like 1

large.IMG_0909.jpegTo put things into perspective, my drone (mini3) can pretty much fit in my hoodie front pocket. 

Looks like a fun machine. They can also stream the feed to boots on the ground, so don’t bother hiding. :yep: 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

large.IMG_0909.jpegTo put things into perspective, my drone (mini3) can pretty much fit in my hoodie front pocket. 

Looks like a fun machine. They can also stream the feed to boots on the ground, so don’t bother hiding. :yep: 

And its used to hunt a bunch of plant loving hippies trying to stay out the way...... Mad times... 

Wouldn't underestimate them, but there capabilities and how far they will push... Plus how advanced their tech is, just remember 

NO FACE NO CASE

gotta really go the whole hog as @Slippy Onesaid, :ninja::!:

Stay safe

• Like 2

From now I'm going to be looking out for drones like crazy. If I see one I will stop what I'm doing and slowly exit the plot. The ones in my area seem to be focusing on urban areas mostly looking for indoor grows. 

• Like 1

At this rate I'll be going to my plot in a ghillie suit lol

Speaking of drones can anyone recommend any good cheap ones with decent video quality not looking to spend hundreds or thousands on one just figure it be quite handy to scout out potential spots 

• Like 1

Gillie suit still cheaper than defence solicitors or prosecution. 

as for drones, don’t buy the cheapest. @panik’s mantra, buy cheap buy twice, and his strimmer is worth more than my car. 

if I could purchase a drone specifically for plot hunting I’d go for an AVATA, as they have blade shrouds, and can literally bounce off obstacles. Virtual goggles are optional but worth the monthly repayments if you can afford them. Buy DJI cover too, you get up to 3 cheap (£65) replacement for 2 years if lost damaged or flyaway for £30. 

plus, you might find a new hobby in the process :yep: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Gillie suit still cheaper than defence solicitors or prosecution. 

as for drones, don’t buy the cheapest. @panik’s mantra, buy cheap buy twice, and his strimmer is worth more than my car. 

if I could purchase a drone specifically for plot hunting I’d go for an AVATA, as they have blade shrouds, and can literally bounce off obstacles. Virtual goggles are optional but worth the monthly repayments if you can afford them. Buy DJI cover too, you get up to 3 cheap (£65) replacement for 2 years if lost damaged or flyaway for £30. 

plus, you might find a new hobby in the process :yep: 

There’s actually 3 of those FS560 strimmers now between the team , we could strim a few acres easy :yep: 

Edited by panik
  • Like 4

Nothing screams council contractors more than that, next you'll be telling me you drive a white van as a daily to keep up the ruse. :yep:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, polishninja said:

From now I'm going to be looking out for drones like crazy. If I see one I will stop what I'm doing and slowly exit the plot. The ones in my area seem to be focusing on urban areas mostly looking for indoor grows. 

You won't see it, just have a story and pray! lol

• Like 1