Don’t have to worry about police helicopters anymore!!

Slippy One

They been using drones to fuck over bikers in the south for time now ,    they find it easier to catch bikes speeding with the drones :yep:

Motorcycle sites reporting South East & South West reports of bikers being caught speeding has massively increased !!!     

So its not really news ,  drones is an effective tool for the filth and they seem to be using it widely :george:     

• Like 2

On 18-4-2023 at 7:23 AM, Ch@ppers said:

,if they switch to thermal imaging and they are after you it's game over. 

under a tree with leaves....you are safe....they can not see though it.......then they only see the temperature of the top leaves.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DutchFox said:

under a tree with leaves....you are safe....they can not see though it.......then they only see the temperature of the top leaves.....

If they have spotted you initially (and they will spot you long before you see or hear them) and you duck under a tree thinking your safe guess what they will do? 

Exactly what they are designed to do, change altitude and flight pattern, drop down till your heat signature shows again, they are fast and highly maneuverable, your caught. If a drone operator wants you he WILL get you, don't think otherwise. 

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 6:49 PM, Dreamer420 said:

Middle of nowhere, where others won’t commit crimes. No cables, no railways. Maybe even just one or two plant plots, with not very much clearing around…

im glad of where I am, I can’t imagine them flying drones around me, u less they were looking for cattle rustlers lol 

I’ve cancelled 1 plot due to drone activity this year. Won’t be going anywhere near old railways like planned either now. 

Residential spots are great when we can get away with them.. I slip through a bush on a footpath into a sunny 2 plant plot. No drones flying around the town ever 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DutchFox said:

That's where I was when found, under trees sitting on a log, the 1st thing they mentioned was they 'lost' me, probably meaning the 2 operators.

Might be something in staying under tree lines during the day to avoid IR. Those YouTube clips were all in open fields.. :yep:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CheechChongReturns said:

Gonna buy some Hawks and train them to go after drones lol

Gotta fight back somehow haha

Work smarter not harder. :yep:

• Like 1

Dunno if PC Copper has to abide by CAA drone rules? Anyhow:

6. Keep at least 150m away from residential, recreational, commercial and industrial sites

150m is the minimum distance.

Examples of residential, recreational, commercial and industrial sites

Residential sites include:

individual residential buildings

small groups of residential buildings

housing estates

villages

cities and towns

schools

Recreational sites include:

tourist attractions

sports facilities

beaches and parks

theme parks

Commercial sites include:

shopping centres

warehouses

business parks

Industrial sites include:

factories

docks

rail and transport hubs

So in fact, if you want to avoid drones, growing in town seems a good choice. Of course, there will be more street level eyes to avoid...

But, this exception applies:

Small drones and model aircraft below 250g

You can fly small drones and model aircraft that are lighter than 250g at residential, recreational, commercial and industrial sites.

Remember, you must always fly safely.

Live near an airport? Good place for a plot maybe:

7. Stay well away from airports, airfields, spaceports and aircraft

!Warning If you endanger the safety of an aircraft, you could go to prison for five years.

Most airports, airfields and spaceports have a flight restriction zone (FRZ).

Never fly in this zone unless you have permission from the airport, airfield or spaceport. The zone is in place to avoid any collisions with aircraft or spacecraft at or near the site.

Some smaller airfields do not have an FRZ, but you still must not fly on or near these airfields where you could pose a danger to the safety of aircraft

I originally had plans to grow near an airport, but too far away. Maybe next season...

E2A:- The flight restriction zones around airports and airfields are huge. Definite opportunity there for next year. Or even for some "plant and forget" fun this year.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

Its probably best to stagger single plant's in areas were drones fly. A lot more camouflage and the drone wouldn't notice them. It makes them harder to see by people also. More of a ball ache but something is always better than nothing. 

• Like 2

This may be totally stupid but I wonder what frequency the drones operate at, would it be possible to buy a device like a EMF meter like paranormal investigators use. If the meter would pick up the signal that the drone returns to the operator it would show a massive spike indicating that something was close, if you knew the frequency range that drones work at the model etc you could just look for increases in that MHz or Ghz range, it would at least alert you to the possible approach of another drone be it another grower scoping plots, rippers or the 5-0.

• Like 3

I can imagine being able to find out the radio frequencies of those drones easy enough. Then all you have to do is install jammers in the vicinity of your "garden" and jobs a good un.. There are schematics on the net for rf equipment and such so if anyone is interested in electronics and can solder that would be a good winter hobby.. 

• Like 2

@Crow River good points. Also there’s residential places with adequate grow spots bramble bushes, abandoned places that are heavily fenced off or overgrown with vegetation etc etc. that there just isn’t really any point flying drones, for police or ordinary people. Boring places just roads and buildings. 

My plot was touching a graveyard. I slip away from the footpath and I’m on my spot. 2 plants only but room for much more if I hacked the brambles back. 

I felt most secure at the residential spot. It was never found. Was always extra cautious working quietly. Always heard footsteps before they heard me and just stood still for a minute. 

Only shit thing was not being able to enter the plot because of people loitering around which was often.

only seen one drone here recently wasn’t police. Doubt they use them in my area but it’s good to be cautious. No doubt they will one day.

My favourite spot was 250 meters from the police station. Doubt they’ll be testing them on their front door 

agree with brock1 staggered plants best way to blend in out in the wild avoiding drones/chopper

@Hashcity That’s some cool shit. Just out of curiosity, do the jammers stop the thing functioning making it fall from the sky wherever it was jammed? 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

If they have spotted you initially (and they will spot you long before you see or hear them) and you duck under a tree thinking your safe guess what they will do? 

Exactly what they are designed to do, change altitude and flight pattern, drop down till your heat signature shows again, they are fast and highly maneuverable, your caught. If a drone operator wants you he WILL get you, don't think otherwise. 

yes but if your in a forrest...they cant find you with termal ..... :)

i learnt from a fellow GG.....He was spotted some 14 years ago by heli.....with a serious big grow........he wore a black t-shirt....then he went under the trees....

the police on ground...so were looking for a black T-shirt.. ....he came walking out....in a white T-shirt with no backpack offcourse......he was stopped....then that officer was told by wireless......thats not him...we are looking for  BLACK T-SHIRT.. :):) ....

Ever since....i allways have 2 colors in my backpack :) ...................

============

ps termal works on temperature difference....on a hot summer day...a person is 37 degrees..and the rest is say 30 degrees...in winter you easy see a rabbit in the field...

here in holland....nature guys...look in april /may with termal on drones for young deer....in the morning...just before a farmer is goining to harvest his grass......so not all drone movement is a hazzard here...

young deer just born...dont move...they rely on their color ....so they pick them up...and move them out site the field for mowing.....offcourse without human scent on the deer....or the mother will abandon them...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

This is turning into an amazing thread, got my cogs turning!!! 

@DutchFoxI do just that and try and change in and out,.with an extra layer to take off.

Truely is a new world, :wallbash:

before the odd heli, rippers, general gg associated crap all topped with the almighty ticks that love me so much finally giving me lymes disease :skull:posting the biggest them threat, 

Gotta love a game with constant poles changing and constant adaptations required to be successful. 

Going with the more ball ache approach anyway this year of scattering and also moving closer to residential areas, just remember ring door bells, dash cams, etc, world's gone mad!

Stay safe

Stig 

• Like 4