Don’t have to worry about police helicopters anymore!!

Slippy One

Most constabulary’s are now using hi tech military drones that make helis costly and obsolete. Here’s how it works, they use well trained operators looking for people walking near points of interest (railways/fly tipping/high crime spots), at very high altitudes, essentially invisible and silent, then simply radio the individual/s in for boots on the ground. In my case, 2 burly Essex transport guys intercept me to see what I’m doing near a railway. In a twist of fate, I was flying my hobby drone over an old plot myself. Got lucky, as they were looking for cable thieves, who apparently operate in broad daylight on the railways. 

So as I was droning, I took multiple 360° photos of my old plot (deer fence) from last year before the fuzz came. Before I got moved on, I managed to catch a pic of the police drones after zooming in. 360° pics basically take everything, they’re pretty amazing for zooming in and searching. :yep: 

apologies for the quality, they’re pics of a screen but this post is just another one of my ‘beware drones’ annual blest. 

It used to be the hobby drones I feared but the police teams have gear we can only dream of. Stealth stealth stealth folks. Night won’t be a problem for the Mavic’s as they have thermal imaging. 

Glad to be retired from all the hedge jumping. Good luck this season folks, always be aware of how you plots look from the air. :yep: 

peachy the deer fence plot (now fallow)

large.IMG_0904.jpeg

1st fuzz drone at least 500ft up.. possibly a mavic 
large.IMG_0903.jpeg

the 2nd drone, the mothership, also approx 500ft. 

large.IMG_0902.jpeg

• Like 24

Fucking drones! I think I'm going to possibly skip the GG action this year and concentrate on keeping the indoor stealth job running. Although, this shed will basically get nearly as hot as it does outside so if we have another 30-40º spell for any length of time, it may prove very difficult and I may be forced outside... we shall see. God I hate surveillance.

• Like 2

I fear my passion will become implausible pretty soon with such drones and more public knowledge of guerilla growing (these twats doing vice interviews which are getting hundreds of thousands of views per video are making it much worse)

Genuinely guts me tbh.

• Like 7

Cops have one that can read a licence plate from half a mile,the eye in the sky, long before you spot/hear it if your in a field bodies will have been moved to intercept you when you emerge from your gardening session,if they switch to thermal imaging and they are after you it's game over. 

• Like 4

Whats next they start hovering over a dual carriage way and are programed to snap lisence plate going over the speed limit

Edited by B-real
P.s I think I'm gunna be sweet I operate under a aircrafts flight path

9 hours ago, Hashslag said:

Fucking drones! I think I'm going to possibly skip the GG action this year and concentrate on keeping the indoor stealth job running. Although, this shed will basically get nearly as hot as it does outside so if we have another 30-40º spell for any length of time, it may prove very difficult and I may be forced outside... we shall see. God I hate surveillance.

I'm in the same boat, and can say the summer months are def not for indoor growing, especially drying, as drying your indoor crop in 32C is a surefire way to make hay, and a waste of all the electric used.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Cops have one that can read a licence plate from half a mile,the eye in the sky, long before you spot/hear it if your in a field bodies will have been moved to intercept you when you emerge from your gardening session,if they switch to thermal imaging and they are after you it's game over. 

There's no hiding at night, but they can't use thermal cams during the day, so trees/woods are your friend here. They're mostly looking for fly tippers and cable thieves etc, but it's true, the drones have changed the GG landscape completely. They can operate in teams for hours from several miles away, using highly trained pilots, and the digital coms the forces have now is like WhatsApp on steroids. 

Couple of thoughts based on my experience:

• Don't be walking in fields near motorways and fields dressed in black, always green or tan camo if possible.
  • Always walk along perimeters of fields and nature/trees etc are your best protection from sticking out.  
  • Having an excuse with actual toys like me helps diffuse the situation immediately. 
  • Be hyper vigilant along motorways and rail, binoculars would be recommended for full safety, as the drones can't be seen with the eye (and you could say your waiting for a rare crested warbler if nabbed)
  • Don't do any news stories for Vice.com 
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, B-real said:

Whats next they start hovering over a dual carriage way and are programed to snap lisence plate going over the speed limit

That's about 4 years away, when AI become the pilots. Pretty easy to determine speed already if you know your trigonometry. :yep:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, B-real said:

We get more than out fair share aye @B-realB-real :wanker:

Whats next they start hovering over a dual carriage way and are programed to snap lisence plate going over the speed limit :rofl:

Fecking things @Underdogup don't let the bastards keep you down and defo don't fork in because the odds, they have always been stacked...

As for @Slippy Onenight sound advice dude!! It's getting mental and it will only get worse so us gorillas (especially the ones forced outside) need to keep helping one another even if its only half a step in front.... It matters, ;) shit I have been under the bush for 20odd years and the worst thing is the vice docs etc..... As said above vigilance!!

Big ups to everyone still at it and let's help fighting the good fight, 

Stig

:yinyang:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Underdog said:

I fear my passion will become implausible pretty soon with such drones

Your passion? lollol

• Like 10

If you're out planting near motorways, railways, dumping sites etc, make sure you're in & out pronto -like 15 mins or however long it takes to walk to your plots from the road. No more all day picnic planting parties. Better yet, treat planting like a drive-by shooting, dump the evidence.

Oversize camo poncho wouldn't go amiss, and keep the hands dirt free. So you can just say you found them already planted. 

Jeezus I just realise how easy it would be for them to get video evidence, as the cams are always on. 

Maybe add a camo tent/gazebo so they can't pinpoint you in the camera?

The paranoid in me would say they're probably looking for growers too, if the opportunity arose.. 

Good luck outdoorsmen! At least the ground is saturated, not like the parched land we had the last 2 years!! :D 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slippy One said:

but they can't use thermal cams during the day,

Someone has misled you there Slippy :yes:

• Like 1

Understand one thing, this civvy thermal isn't even top of the range, the vid was made 6 years ago, the sight is obsolete today, the footage is taken on a hot day, the tech they have now is off the scale, day or night a thermal will highlight you hiding in scrub

• Like 4

Middle of nowhere, where others won’t commit crimes. No cables, no railways. Maybe even just one or two plant plots, with not very much clearing around…

im glad of where I am, I can’t imagine them flying drones around me, u less they were looking for cattle rustlers lol 

• Like 1