Eleven Roses

stu914

Just now, stu914 said:

that truncheon has never let me down

Until today... :P

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

My trusty 30+ years old EC truncheon finally gave up the ghost this morning

All I'm saying is it's not the end of the world if it does eventually break irreparably, a £4 replacement would do the job fine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Warming up down here and the girls are happy...

4 weeks 12/12 on Saturday and they're budding up nicely.

Not quite an even canopy but I have no time to attend to a scrog, this strain lends itself to one though.

They've been stripped twice and there's a bit more undergrowth to remove

Got rid of three which never really took off leaving six but the area is still near enough full, downsize to five next run.

large.SSCN2230.JPGlarge.SSCN2229.JPGlarge.SSCN2228.JPG

The teeny tiny Glookie Bomb in the growfridge has developed into a very nice young lady.

Topped above the fifth node she'll be mainlined to give 8 equally spaced tops for clones.

large.SSCN2223.JPG

'til next time

:oldtoker:

• Like 15

Afternoon all,

Certainly warmed up alright... fecking hot so this post deals with reservoir heat...

The growfridge Glookie Bomb has been pruned back to nodes two and three leaving four main branches, yet to be tied down.

Internal room temp high and res temp at 28.9c is off the scale for most hydro systems...not mine (smug bastard..:smug:)

Plant's  loving it...even with the very low humidity...

large.SSCN2242.JPGlarge.SSCN2243.JPGlarge.SSCN2244.JPG

In the main flower room temps are also very high and res temps are peaking at around 25c...girls are praying and budding very nicely.

large.SSCN2246.JPGlarge.SSCN2245.JPG

Roots are never in the res solution using my system so dissolved oxygen isn't an issue, watering/feeding can easily

be increased or decreased according to the plant's needs, happy roots = happy shoots...:yep:

'til next time

• Like 8

What strength are you feeding at stu?

I've just put one in flower but I'd starved the death out of her in veg, they seem to be ok with abuse though :blushing:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC said:

they seem to be ok with abuse though

I guess that's why it's called weed...:wassnnme::rofl:

The little one is on 3ml per ltr sensi a+b grow (worked up from 1ml)

Flowering ones are on 4ml per ltr sensi a+b bloom + Buddhas Tree PK 1/2 ml per ltr

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

First up, Glookie bomb now pruned to 12 tops which will be taken for cuttings in a couple of weeks...

Discovered the nutes heater is faulty, no wonder res temp was higher than room, plant's not bothered...

large.SSCN2255.JPGlarge.SSCN2256.JPG

44 days 12/12 now for the eleven roses and everything's starting to bulk up.

Around another 10 or 12 days cooking then a week's flush and they'll be done

large.SSCN2257.JPGlarge.SSCN2258.JPG

The grow system(s) have held up really well in this scorching weather, no sign of root rot.

In the main room a large unplanned root ball has formed in the res which has had higher temps than is normally acceptable

but there's no problems, probably because most of the root system is not submerged so can take on massive amounts of oxygen.

'til next time

• Like 13

Alright there @stu914

Thats a tidy little set up you’ve created there :yep:

Also while I am here, you said that your feeding AN bloom@ 4ml, do you put any veg nutes in with that, or do you just run the bloom on its own, obviously I see you use some pk but that’s more of an additive that nute, the only reason I ask is because I always put veg and grow together, we’ll after the first week or two. Anyway enough of my jabber good luck with the finish.:punk:

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 2

Hi bud,

Thanks for the compliment, I've tried to set up a system which takes all the best bits of hydro and dumps the rubbish,

seems to be working rather well... I'll do a write up at the end in a bit more detail.:yep:

I used to blend grow and bloom nutes the first couple of weeks 12/12 but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Now I just go straight to bloom + Buddhas Tree pk.

atb

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Finally out of trim jail...started taking these on Saturday and several sessions later finished trimming today...default_sweatdrop.gif

large.SSCN2279.JPGlarge.SSCN2278.JPG

large.SSCN2289.JPGlarge.SSCN2288.JPG

Root mat on the table under the top plate...mesh pots/pebbles...bags of trim...

large.SSCN2275.JPGlarge.SSCN2276.JPGlarge.SSCN2277.JPG

...and...this is why I wear gloves...large.SSCN2274.JPG 

Here I am at the end of yet another grow...pretty pleased with the results although next time I'll go for individual pots

rather than fixed positions in the top plate, made access for pruning and training difficult...and I ain't getting any younger...

Only used Advanced nutes sensi PH perfect right through with Buddhas Tree PK the last few weeks of flower,

complete res change every 7 - 10 days, never adjusted PH.

No issues throughout the grow even with sky high temps in both room and res, no root rot, not even a yellow leaf.

Eleven Roses is a very leafy strain, short internodes and needs support in the latter stages of flower,

easy to grow and finished pretty much spot on 8 weeks from 12/12.

Being virtually medium free this system requires very little in the way of clean-up.

The root mat is easily disposed of along with the trim which will be processed leaving only the few handsful of pebbles to be recycled.

I'll run the hydro system with PH down @ 5mm per ltr water for 24 hours which will clean all the pipework, pumps and res,

quick rinse, re-fill and it'll be ready to go again.

Next up is Glookie Bomb (Bomb seeds) currently have 12 cuttings rooting...watch this space...

'til next time...Thanks...:yep:

• Like 18

Tidy result min :yep:

I wear gloves fer the same reason also its easier to collect the sticky treat for the release from trim jail lol

• Like 3

Cracking job stu, hope she turns out to be a lovely smoke/vape for ya :smokin:

Did it start to change colour near the end? My fave cut goes a dark purple in the last couple of weeks but she's a 10 weeker. One of the reasons I love this strain is I never need to trim it as the buds are nice and dense so the trimbag works a treat on them. I do hate trim jail lol

Edited by KC
typo
  • Like 2

@McHazy

CHeers bud, I see you've caught up with all my posts, at least someone 'likes' me  :rofl:

@KC

This strain caught me out with the amount of branching and speed of growth, didn't train it properly to get the best.

I've got more of those seeds so can run it again...depends what it's like...surprised yours took 10 weeks?

I'm not that bothered about training as my main objective is to get the system running at it's best:yep:

• Like 5

Looks nice and frosty mate. Surprised at the root mass tbh, nice size.

The strain looks exactly what I was expecting, similar to a lot of what I grow, smaller golf ball buds covered in resin.

Not a fan of trimming myself. Takes me a few days with hour sessions per day.

Looks like a good harvest tho mate. Let us know what it smokes like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Final summary on Eleven Roses...

Nice easy plant to grow, no sign of mould, rot or root rot...finished bang on 8 weeks 12/12.

They handled the sky high temps well, yield is down due to high temps and bad handling by me...(what a dickhead!  :doh:)

The finished product however is top drawer, smallish buds but rock hard and plenty of them...

my tolerace is through the roof but I can certainly feel this one...takes me back...:stoned:

Many years ago when I was a sweet young innocent thing everyone scoffed when I reckoned weed could be grown in the uk under lights

Some time later after I'd managed to cobble a grow of sorts together I stumbled across a guy who had a small grow shop

in the front room of his squat, (probably one of the first in the uk) very handy for bits, pieces and invaluable grow info.

One day he offered me a clone which was reputed to be the legendary G13 stolen from the FBI labs, I ripped his arm off...

That one plant turned into thousands over the years and gave me a damned good living until the inevitable visit...:police::fart:

The point of the story is that Eleven Roses is about the nearest I've come across to the (possible) G13 as I remember it.

Lovely vape with good solid indica effects, already started another couple for the run after next.

Stay tuned for the Glookie Bomb coming up...:yep:

'til next time

Edited by stu914
  • Like 10