Eleven Roses

stu914

I've got two of these growing really well, after only 3.5 weeks from seed they were topped, tied and went into 12/12.

They've now been 12/12 for 22 days, on flowering nutes but there's no sign of buds.

Just wondering if there's an internal 'clock' which prevents flowering until they're a certain age?

Cheers

:oldtoker:

• Like 4

I’ve not personally grown 11 roses but my friend finished his a while back I helped him thru his grow. He certainly had his stating the bud up by 3 weeks. There no leaks or dodgy timers pissing on your candles stu?.

• Like 2

The first lot I grew went for it from day one of flowering without issue. Can't comment on the others as they all died within a week of sprouting. Nothing else was affected, the nothing else being 16 other seeds. Hope yours start flowering soon mate.

• Like 2

I've never tried flowering so early before (never needed to) but just thought I'd give it a go for shits and giggles...

I can only put it down to some sort of time constraint and they'll go when they're good and ready.

They're are in my custom growfridge, not a chance of light leaks or timers misbehaving,

Beautiful looking plant and easy to grow, looking forward for when they do finally get there.

Thanks Guys...:yep:

• Like 6

I've run plants 12/12 from seed in the past and they've usually started to flower at about 3-4 weeks, so does seem to be quite a long time.

• Like 4

I've done a few now and none have been slow to start flowering. Did you top then put them straight into flower? I imagine that would slow them a bit.

• Like 4

@KC

Yeah topped and flowered in the same breath but here we are at day 25 of 12/12 and still no buddage, not a pistil, nada nothing....so...

As they're nice and bushy I've flicked them back into veg another week or so I'll take cuttings and do a clone run in the main room.

By then they will be a couple of months old and should be good and ready to be flipped.

• Like 6

You couldn't make it up, overnight there's a few pistils appeared, I'll stll take cuttings as there's plenty to be had.

• Like 10

Afternoon all,

12 cuttings taken from the stronger of the two eleven roses, leaving plenty to flower off later, look a bit miserable but they'll pick up.

I take very small cuttings and trim the remaining leaves in half as they aren't needed atm, all their energy goes into rooting

and I need 9 from 12 for the flower room...fingers crossed...

large.SSCN2101.JPGlarge.SSCN2112.JPGlarge.SSCN2111.JPG

Meanwhile the main room has been modified to do a 9 plant clone run.

The manifold is in the res to reduce the risks of leaks or flooding, the black pot lids are used to hold the feed pipes

in place the only anchor to the table is the mesh pot, this allows them to be lifted and moved around while young.

Each feed pipe is exactly the same length and two spouts per pot which ensures equal pressure across the system.

Roots are free to roam under the top plate, there will be no training and apart from a few pebbles holding the plant upright

in the mesh pot there's no medium. Plants will be flowered at around 12" tall and should double in size.

large.SSCN2103.JPGlarge.SSCN2104.JPGlarge.SSCN2106.JPGlarge.SSCN2105.JPG

'til next time

• Like 16

You should be ok with them rooting, I don't think I've had an eleven roses cut fail to root yet. I've done a fair few lets say <_<

• Like 2

@KC

Some years ago when I was, ahem, 'commercial' :wassnnme: I must have taken thousands,

just hope I haven't lost the touch all these years later, really looking forward to seeing how this strain performs...:yep:

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, stu914 said:

just hope I haven't lost the touch all these years later,

Give up, its like riding a bike Stu ya never forget :yep: 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

These two are now just a few days 12/12 in the growfridge, the larger yielded 12 cuttings for the clone run.

large.SSCN2135.JPGlarge.SSCN2134.JPGlarge.SSCN2142.JPGlarge.SSCN2141.JPG

After pissing around with a heated propagator which didn't want to play I splashed out £50 for an inkbird and heatmat.

Lo and behold within a couple of days there are callouses on the stems, roots to follow...default_thumbsup.gif

large.SSCN2140.JPGlarge.SSCN2136.JPGlarge.SSCN2138.JPGlarge.SSCN2137.JPG

'til next time

Edited by stu914
  • Like 17

We have roots!!  :yahoo:

About half are showing out the cubes, couple of days and the rest should follow suit.

Started cranking up the flower room ready for these, probably by the weekend...pics to follow.

• Like 10

Morning all,

Transferred 9 rooted cuttings into the main room yesterday, they're very happily vegging...as you can see...

No need to wait for a rootball to form with this system, soon as they have roots in they go.

large.SSCN2149.JPGlarge.SSCN2151.JPG

Res temp is 21c which heats the table for the roots and the space under the top plate where the pots sit.

Auto fed 1/2 strength nutes twice a day atm, this will increase as they grow and I expect them to fly as the roots have no restrictions.

'til next time

• Like 13