An Act of Desperation

Hashslag

@Dreamer420 people keep the AVB because it still packs a big punch when consumed in edibles etc. It's already decarbed by the vaping process so you can just bang it straight into whatever you want. It doesn't taste great, that's the only caveat, but you can put it into capsules and take it that way as well to get around that.

I only use a small handheld vape mate (less than £100) and it absolutely hits the spot every time. I'm even using some old trim at the moment to save myself hitting the streets, and that is REALLY working, far more so than I imagined it would. I don't know how or why, as there can't be many trichomes in there really - and on top of that it's already been dry sifted to make hash, but there you go. Still works!

Persevere with vaping is my advice personally, maybe invest in an inexpensive handheld like I did (Xmax V3 Pro is what I went for) but there's loads of others, but they're not all made equal so it's good practice to seek opinions of others. There's a few threads in here about recommended vapes etc).

• Like 3

I took a recommendation off here, and tried the sapphire by storm, with the wider glass mouthpiece. I do keep on trying it, I sometimes chuck it in the car to use as I get home, just for taking the edge off the day. But it’s like I’m starting to get high, but never quite get there…

@Dreamer420 are you inhaling into your mouth first, then into your lungs? Or breathing it directly into your lungs? When I first started vaping, I tried to smoke it as if I would a spliff - and it was a bit shit. Once I started taking decent pulls directly into my lungs, everything improved. What temperature are you using it at?

• Like 2

Tried breathing it in both ways. Don’t seem to get clouds like people talk about, just small amounts of vapour. 
I keep at it until it all comes

out browned, maybe my tolerance is just silly high at the moment, should prob have a break then try vaping… I’d love to try a volcano or something before

having to shell out

• Like 2

Yeah, maybe take a short break and give it another go. Could be the vaporiser you're using isn't doing it for you. I had a cheapo Atmos Jump to begin with, but it wasn't until I upgraded that I really felt the benefit. I couldn't go back to smoking now, I personally find the high better, the taste better, I don't reek after vaping as well which used to piss the wife off immensely lol 

Maybe look into Dynavap - lots of people swear by them although I've never used one. Supposed to hit quite hard as well.

• Like 2

I did think about the Dynavap, but I don’t like the idea of having to use a torch as much really. Think they’re cheap enough though.

I do like the taste, sometimes i feel like I can’t taste it without even having had any that day. Just makes me keen to finish work and get home then lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dreamer420 said:

Maybe it’s not the carbon monoxide when smoking, maybe it’s just that you get all the stuff straight away, as opposed to gradually melting off some with a vape.

other wise why do people keep and use already vaped bud..? 

I’ve tried vaping, only with a small handheld vape, but I just can’t seem to get high. And if that all it is without carbon monoxide, then I want the carbon monoxide! It’s like trying to get pissed off one beer, spread out across four weak shandies….

maybe a £300+ vape is different, but I’m just not rich enough to sound that without trying it first.

There is literally no comparison between a handheld cheapy vape and a good quality one.  Ive tried several and price point did correlate to quality of experience.  For example, the Black Widow (£50 when I bought it) is a piece of shit for me.  It barely got me high to be honest, took a lot of faffing and I felt very disappointed, having been off my tits on a £25 desk vape.  Eventually I needed a portable that really worked as I couldn't keep lugging around my desktop and so I stumped up for a Mighty (£295 when I bought it) which blew my mind, literally.  It doesn't seem to go as easy as my desktop vape and I really did get blarted in the same time it took my mate to smoke half his joint.  It was 2 joints later I got back in the game lol.

My Arizer Extreme Q desktop is the dogs bollocks for gentle careful progressive temperature vaping. I can take 3 balloons to take the content out of the weed that I get in three or 4 good draws with the Mighty!  If I turn the heat right up I can do it in 2 bags though. My dad's Volcano is the daddy of them all though and even better at extracting than the Arizer.  I would be surprised if there was anywhere near as much left in the ABV when I had finished as there is with my Arizer, but the bugger gave it to my uncle after his surgery took away his pain - and therefore his need for weed.  I was proper pissed off as I told him, I was planning to inherit that! :rofl:

You are right that if you vape at a higher temperature and therefore get everything you are going to extract in one go, you get more battered straight up than if you vape from cooler temperatures, slowly getting hotter.  However, when you smoke weed, a huge amount of the product is destroyed (over 60% I believe) rather than being translated into the consumed portion of the smoke, so I am not sure how that would compare with vaping, where nothing much is destroyed but about 35-40% - I hear - remains in the ABV.  I cant swear to those figures being facts.

Whatever works for you is good by everyone else - or should be - it's difficult for those of us who feel we have it so much better now - than we did - to stop banging on about it though :) I agree, try a better one, but as they can be so dear, maybe wait until a mate takes the plunge and try theirs.  I have to say I am 95% certain you would get what  you are missing from a decent vape and maybe wouldn't think we are being over the top :).

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 5

Sorry to jump in:) 
People sleep on the Vapor Genie. I got into vaping because a friend got a volcano when they first came out.

I really wanted a Volcano. To expensive for my tight arse. I read about the Vapor Genie Sherlock pipe.
Long story short, that was years ago.

I still use (on my3/4th now, I keep smashing them) my Vapor Genie every day pretty much . Easily as good a taste and high as a Volcano and very reasonably priced comparatively . @Dreamer420 persevere with the vaping once you get it you’ll be converted. Your not really looking for clouds it’s only a tiny fraction of the material you’re after. I vape mine until it’s a golden brown it might take 3 or 4 draws to achieve this
You just can’t make 10 foot bags of vapours to pass around with the genie ,I’ll give the volcano that tho lol.

Typed this while smoking my after work phatty skinner, because I do like to smoke flowers to, both have their time and place for me, sometimes even both in the same session. I will say tho, vaping is definitely healthier.

:yinyang:

Edited by vapeOguy
Canny spell
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hashslag said:

people keep the AVB because it still packs a big punch when consumed in edibles etc

Implying something is left on the table when vaped compared to combusted, maybe that's what is missing :g:

• Like 1

I’d love to eat it also, but that’s never ever worked. I’ve tried it loads of times, different methods, tried in Amsterdam. Nothing… my metabolism must be too good!

I tried mixing iso oil into a normal style vape years ago. That was crap too lol.

I wish i had any friends to buy a volcano first lol

33 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Implying something is left on the table when vaped compared to combusted, maybe that's what is missing :g:

How do you mean..?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hashslag said:

@vapeOguy probably a daft question, but how do you use the Genie? Where do you apply the flame?

You put the flame above the bowl and draw. The mesh above the herb stops the hottest of the flame getting to the herb so it vaporises.  It isn't an approach I would like because I have a nerdy pleasure in hitting different temperatures for different affects, but it sounds like a good cheap (£50 or so) way to do a version of vaping... like the dynovape I guess.

• Like 1

@Dreamer420 I mean that when vaped you're not using all of the cannabinoids available and in turn weaker effects compared to combustion where everything gets used, just a thought :yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

@Dreamer420 I mean that when vaped you're not using all of the cannabinoids available and in turn weaker effects compared to combustion where everything gets used, just a thought :yep:

It is an interesting theory, but from what I have read, you leave about 40% in the herb if you vape and lose 60%+  to heat if you combust.

Depending on what heat you vape at you should be able to access all the cannabinoids before combustion.  I stop at 200C so to the best of my knowledge, I will only significantly be leaving behind CBC and THCV.  I could do with the latter because I am a fat git, and CBC is always useful but higher temps make me cough now.

If you choose to, you can take the Arizer Extreme Q I have up to 260C which is quite some way above the 235C threshold where I believe cannabis starts to combust and *should* mean that no cannabinoid types are left behind.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1