An Act of Desperation

Hashslag

Yeah, trim works great in a vape. Much better than smoking it for me. I don't know anyone who didn't prefer vaping once they got used to it and had done it for a few months.  Maybe it's like the vegetarian thing, where they think meatless chicken tastes like chicken because they forgot how good chicken tastes (I did 7 years as a veggie, so qualified). Some people think  Jackfruit is like pulled pork.  Motherfucker, NO!  I digress.  Each to their own.

With regard to Smoking Trim: When I think that I used to hunt around in the carpet pile with a torch, looking for crumbs and flakes that dropped down as I skinned up - and I smoked what I found - trim is practically heaven!!!

• Like 3

bin the baccy then....that shits poisonous. i smoked baccy joints for years, then had a break, stopped smoking. when i went back i hated the taste of the baccy. tried vaping, pish, went back to pure joints, single skinners....much betteer

i still fancy getting a hand held bubbler pipe tho, just for a change..lungs struggle with big bong rips these days

• Like 5

Only thing that irritates me since quitting  baccy altogether is how good my sniffer  has got, stuff  stinks, maaaan!

And taste, there's a few things I won't/cant eat since quitting tobacco. :yuck:

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I don't know anyone who didn't prefer vaping once they got used to it and had done it for a few months. 

I've been vaping since 2017 and still prefer Blunts as an overall consumption.

I only vape bong in the evenings when i can't be arsed to go out for a walk to smoke, I have to go out for a walk to smoke since i moved due to all the old grannies that live in our cul de sac they all think i don't drink or smoke/vape and a top chap lol, But as vaping don't stink as bad so it does come in handy as it still lets me consume at home.

Damit all this talk about smoking has made me want to skin up

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

Just now, Military Grade said:

I've been vaping since 2017 and still prefer Blunts as an overall consumption.

I only vape bong in the evenings when i can't be arsed to go out for a walk to smoke, I have to go out for a walk to smoke since i moved due to all the old grannies that live in our cul de sac they all think i don't drink or smoke/vape and a top chap lol, But as vaping don't stink as bad so it does come in handy as it still lets me consume at home.

Damit all this talk about smoking has made me want to skin up

As you were then heh heh!  None of my offline friends do, but fair enough. Personally, I always found blunts to be irritating compared to a tobacco mix, but there's none so weird as folks :) There was a time when only a fat reefer would do.

• Like 1

Actually @Military Grade when I am trying to compare the smell of a strain to something I smoked back in the day, I do like to smell the smoke coming off the joints of my last remaining friend who is a smoker. It's harder to tell if a vaped aroma is similar to the smoked aroma I remember from my yoot.

@Danny killerZ That used to be me tbh... if I smoked baccy again I wouldn't choose anything other than Auld Kendall Gold - No additives + Made in England too.

When I used to smoke I was more getting 'high' off the low oxygen availability due to asphyxiation.
The same way people like to be choked during sex, I guess. It creates anxiety vs relaxation loops.

Some people like their steaks rare and lightly cooked, some people like them tough, chewy and charred.

Some people like their toast burned, some don't eat toast at all...

Some people like hard boiled, some people like poached eggs.. 

Can you imagine taking a lighter to your veggies before eating them instead of steaming them?

Trying to debate that veggies burned / charred on a grill are healthier than those which are steamed briefly isn't a sensible use of one's time. 

Cannabinoids, last time I checked, are volatile compounds and burning them to temperatures around 2000°C compared to heating them at around 180°C isn't my idea of a winning strategy.  

Most, if not all terpenes / cannabinoids vaporise off the plant under 200°C.
Everything else is burned off and introduces toxins to your body.
To say that you can't get high off vape and smoking gets you higher is bullshit.
Not by scientific study, but  a bit of common sense..
If that's how one feels then it means they are getting high off the thousands of random unidentified carcinogens in the smoke. 

I felt that way once... then I googled the infographic 'smoke vs vaping weed' and it helped me think clearly about it all. 

and also the many many anecdotal reports on fuckcombustion dot com 

hope this info helps motivate anyone wanting to make the jump in the future.

:yinyang:

Guest anarchycamp

Shit, I'm on the trim again. Best put the tent back up...

In all honesty, opening the trim bucket and digging for those lazy nugs after 2 month is still better than dealer weed. 

• Like 1

This escalated lol 

I'm firmly of the opinion that every person is different, and every body reacts in slightly different ways to the next man. There is no right or wrong way, really. It's what works for you, and to fuck with everyone else. I have now put up a mental blockade on smoking spliffs or blunts - simply because I feel like I would let myself down if I did because I managed to kick the cigs. They feel too close to smoking cigs to me. Vaping for me personally (and I can only speak for myself) has been a lifeline - it's allowed me to keep the cannabis I love, whilst kicking the dirty fags that were keeping me unhealthy. Yeah, I'll have the occasional water/pipe/bongy/hookah/thingy that I have here, if I'm down to 'already vaped hash' for example, but it's the vape for everything else. Even hash is brilliant in it, the flavours are out of this world. I certainly don't knock the good folk of the world who are still smoking - I'm a bit jealous on some ways because I feel inhibited these days - but we're all different and we all do our thing. Whichever way we get it inside us, is good by me :)

• Like 5

For anyone under any illusions. Putting owt in yer lungs but fresh air isn’t good. So pontificate away. Stop being such a buzz kill. If yer reading this kids. Smoke. Smoke lots n lots. It’s great. Enjoying cannabis isn’t a fucking science fair. Nor is it part of a balanced healthy lifestyle. It’s just a thing people do. If you want to be all Brian Cox and divide burning temps by pi then times it by the universal constant to get apex terps, fine. Just don’t trample on other folks bag. You do you innit

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Hashslag said:

have now put up a mental blockade on smoking spliffs or blunts - simply because I feel like I would let myself down if I did because I managed to kick the cigs.

Yeah i get that, I knew I wanted to give up the cigs but I didn't want to give up spliffs and didn't know how I could do both. So I gave up the spliffs first for 6 months and then I could give up the cigs cos in my head I wasn't dependant on the weed for the tobacco. It was a big deal to me about how can I still smoke weed without tobacco.

I gave it nearly a year before I rolled a neat spliff cos I didn't want to have it make me crave cigs and it worked for me. I haven't had a cig for 12 years and don't miss it at all to be fair and I agree mate, I'd feel like I'd let myself down if I had tobacco again.

:smoke:

Edit, when I say cigs, I used to smoke roll ups

Edited by Seasick Steve
  • Like 5

@Axiom "When I used to smoke I was more getting 'high' off the low oxygen availability due to asphyxiation."

This was a conclusion that I came to also.  I feel (unsubstantiated) that the carbon monoxide etc from smoking and the emulsion of tar left on the lungs are what help you feel more relaxed, because there is less oxygen in your system to spur the nicotine's stimulant effect on.  I think the emulsion of tar keeps feeding your bloodstream gently after use and cumulatively if you smoke throughout the day.  I felt that going through the stage where that emulsion subsides, bit by bit, was the difficult stage, because after that you are kind of on your own.

I don't feel that vaping leaves a significant emulsion and so is safer.

Each to their own as @mikeydoughnut says and I am sure you agree.  I'd still allow private smoking rooms, given high spec ventilation and an airlock atrium between those smoking rooms and public spaces, but not for me anymore. If it is possible to play the odds, I still feel I want to load the dice to live longer, despite what is happening to this country and this world.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd just poke my head in to say, I'm still using this trim (and probably will do until the harvest) and it's absolutely battering me.

Until next time

• Like 2

Maybe it’s not the carbon monoxide when smoking, maybe it’s just that you get all the stuff straight away, as opposed to gradually melting off some with a vape.

other wise why do people keep and use already vaped bud..? 

I’ve tried vaping, only with a small handheld vape, but I just can’t seem to get high. And if that all it is without carbon monoxide, then I want the carbon monoxide! It’s like trying to get pissed off one beer, spread out across four weak shandies….

maybe a £300+ vape is different, but I’m just not rich enough to sound that without trying it first.

• Like 2