Time to get automated

The Green Manalishi

I do recycle the waste, just not through the canna, they gets a fresh feed every time, and no PH chasing either, easy peasy growing :yep:

Ripped the lot out and started again, tent was swimming, tray fittings leaking, manifold leaking, trays were done with silicone but the main culprit was the manifold and it’s housing, absolutely pish, no amount of plumbers tape on the threads of the manifold would stop the leaking, the design should have o rings / seals connecting the two pieces together, and you can’t properly tighten the fitting because it’s thin plastic, so I bodged up another manifold, but that was leaking, feed lines weren’t secured enough to the manifold, so went back to the original manifold, and reworked it.

large.7120699B-A29D-453E-8704-18D65C75F478.jpegThis is the original manifold / housing, this needs to be redesigned to work properly, maybe it won’t leak at a lower pressure, but no use for me 

large.7CDB160A-92A0-4365-A747-5B1C7C3764C0.jpegHad another go at bodging up a manifold, but my feed lines were slightly to big for the barbs and so the leaking continued :wallbash:

large.1D80CD81-C983-419E-8785-110458420222.jpegFinally went back to the original manifold, and with a bit more bodgery, great success no leaks :thumsup:

If I see another puddle, I’m going back to dirt 

• Like 3

don't mention leaks, I've had all sorts from drippers spraying the wrong way to the hose from my dehumidifier getting loose and then the missus alerting me to a massive patch on the ceiling in the kids room and reddish nute water everywhere.  I now have a 4m x 3m thick black plastic sheet under the tent as a back up which lifts up a foot all round. Had plenty a manifold leak on me too, rule of thumb, don't use a pump that's too powerful, my aquaking 2007 handles 32 drippers via 4 x 8 way manifolds, 2 drippers per pot

• Like 2

@The Green Manalishi

Here's a nice simple way to make a manifold...which doesn't leak.

All you need is 13mm hose, 4mm feed line and 4mm nipple (not sure if that's it's name)

large.SSCN2075.JPGlarge.SSCN2076.JPG

Cut the white 13mm pipe to length and connect back to itself using a 13mm T connect to the pump.

Drill small holes where you want the feed lines to connect and screw in the nipples, spot of silicon ensures a good seal.

Connect your feed lines and away you go...like this...

large.SSCN1723.JPG

• Like 4

Definitely think the pump is over kill for 6 plants….I should be growing more. lol

7 hours ago, sweettooth said:

don't mention leaks, I've had all sorts from drippers spraying the wrong way to the hose from my dehumidifier getting loose and then the missus alerting me to a massive patch on the ceiling in the kids room and reddish nute water everywhere.  I now have a 4m x 3m thick black plastic sheet under the tent as a back up which lifts up a foot all round. Had plenty a manifold leak on me too, rule of thumb, don't use a pump that's too powerful, my aquaking 2007 handles 32 drippers via 4 x 8 way manifolds, 2 drippers per pot

Ok mate don't suppose you got pics of that set I doing the same thing with 25 drippers I per pot cheers 

7 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Definitely think the pump is over kill for 6 plants….I should be growing more. lol

Shit mate sounds it's been a ball ache least you sorted it now though were did you get your feeding rings from

@Baron von greenbackGot my rings from America, wife’s friend brought them over when on holiday, another thing that didn’t fit properly and required bodging, but they are sweet and get great coverage with them 

Edited by The Green Manalishi

19 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

@Baron von greenbackGot my rings from America, wife’s friend brought them over when on holiday, another thing that didn’t fit properly and required bodging, but they are sweet and get great coverage with them 

Cheers mate I tried to find them but with no luck must be the uk

Just now, Baron von greenback said:

Cheers mate I tried to find them but with no luck must be the uk

Make your own bud...:yep:

large.SSCN0973.JPG

• Like 3