Time to get automated

The Green Manalishi

8 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

My wife always got my runoff for the garden, the grass loves it, it’s just getting it to garden that’s a pain 

lol yeah my garden loves the run off too, that’s why I said in theory, I did a mini flush last night and had a fair amount of waste. But through Out just get enough run off for samples. 

If not using massive pots with coco it can become very hard work. I use fairly small pots so everything needs to be automated for me.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2023 at 7:11 AM, The Green Manalishi said:

large.02CD19D1-7775-4B24-81A8-B91F8FD97FFB.jpegcontroller bucket connect to the drain

Looking good mate is that like roll up under floor heating were did you get it and what size does it come in and price cheers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Diddy said:

If I done that in my house it would go something like "Hi honey look I have solved the drain to waste issue"...Whack lol

yeah my wife doesn’t know about it yet, she’s been away visiting friends and is due home on Sunday, thought the best time to do it would was while she’s away…..better asking for forgiveness than permission lol

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Bud Baker said:

lol yeah my garden loves the run off too, that’s why I said in theory, I did a mini flush last night and had a fair amount of waste. But through Out just get enough run off for samples. 

If not using massive pots with coco it can become very hard work. I use fairly small pots so everything needs to be automated for me.

Last run was in 8” net pots and they required several feeds during the day, but due to work I was only able to get two feeds in, so I was putting a fair amount of water through them to bring the ec down to reasonable level, all was fine but like you say, hard work. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Looking good mate is that like roll up under floor heating were did you get it and what size does it come in and price cheers

Nah it’s just a big heat mat, I can’t  remember where I got from but I’m sure it was about 230 sheets  

38 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Last run was in 8” net pots and they required several feeds during the day, but due to work I was only able to get two feeds in, so I was putting a fair amount of water through them to bring the ec down to reasonable level, all was fine but like you say, hard work. 

Yeah I’ve done it all! Hand watered 2!litre coco pots On one grow lol  I see automation in small pots equals more dry backs at a quicker rate which then equals more feeds which leads then to explosive growth.

I like the Medusa trays as it has that little dip before it goes down the waste pipes which is perfect for checking the e.c in the last amount of run off from pots, making sure to leave good time for water to fully pass through tho.

and is good for checking each separate tray as well.

I always take the brain reading as an average if I’m checking ec there 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

yeah my wife doesn’t know about it yet, she’s been away visiting friends and is due home on Sunday, thought the best time to do it would was while she’s away…..better asking for forgiveness than permission lol

Can I suggest a tiny little bit of filler BEFORE she gets back lol Bit of filler wee bit of paint and you could present it as a minor little hole and all for the good lol.

• Like 4

@Diddy I wasn’t going to leave it like that, I have a plan lol besides, I put her sliding doors up on her wardrobe that has been gathering dust for ages, a piece offering so to speak……I blame @badbillybob, was his gel dog that got me doing daft shit like putting holes in the wall lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

@Diddy I wasn’t going to leave it like that, I have a plan lol besides, I put her sliding doors up on her wardrobe that has been gathering dust for ages, a piece offering so to speak……I blame @badbillybob, was his gel dog that got me doing daft shit like putting holes in the wall lol

that gel dog has me doing crazy shit all the time hahaha.

whats your verdict on it? Any chance of a smoke report?  i find it really more-ish

• Like 2

large.DCD7FB34-203C-4AD6-BAEC-F8EFF4C5306B.jpeghad the system running for several hours now and had to tackle some leaks, the swivel joints and the bulkhead required some hose clamps and the threads on the manifold required some plumbers tape, had the pump running continuously and the trays do a good job getting rid of the run off, never felt like they were going to overflow. Been running some low ec feed through the coco, 0.8 in 0.8 out….let’s get some plants in there :smokin:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, The Green Manalishi said:

large.DCD7FB34-203C-4AD6-BAEC-F8EFF4C5306B.jpeghad the system running for several hours now and had to tackle some leaks, the swivel joints and the bulkhead required some hose clamps and the threads on the manifold required some plumbers tape, had the pump running continuously and the trays do a good job getting rid of the run off, never felt like they were going to overflow. Been running some low ec feed through the coco, 0.8 in 0.8 out….let’s get some plants in there :smokin:

Looking like a nice set up there mate good luck

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely setup mate.

Quick question, any reason you choose to run to waste and not recycle? What is the usual waste quantity or does this depend on what stage plants are at?