Time to get automated

The Green Manalishi

large.1ED23DE5-010C-4F98-B6DC-F05FB53870DA.jpegI enjoy growing in coco, but the constant movement of water to and from the tent was wearing a bit thin, that and the plants needed fed several times a day got me thinking of an automatic run to waste system, so here we go.

First i need to tackle the drain, so with a 22 x 460mm masonry drill bit, put a 45 degree hole in the wall.

• Like 1

large.E4811DA4-FF33-417D-A4F5-A9BEC577409B.jpegA length af 21.5mm pvc tubing was cut to fit the hole, this will carry the run off outside 

• Like 1

Hey @The Green Manalishi bud, did you miss out the hand grenade stage before you drilled the hole? :)What happened there? And are you connecting it up to drain pipes or just letting it go?

• Like 5

lol yeah I just casually swung the hammer in there, this is for the drain water, but I’ll get to that :yep:

• Like 1

large.CD32A2CB-54AE-4230-B24A-F46BA141CA9B.jpegRunoff trays connected to brain bucket, 4 ports required to be blocked off and feed lines installed, the manifold can supply 8 plants, so 2 ports block off.

Edited by The Green Manalishi
  • Like 6

large.7C769F25-4123-49AF-9028-733BEF73397C.jpeg250l Iws flexi tank with 2 pumps, Aquaking q2007 for the supply and a small pump for circulation and aeration.

• Like 3

Just a thought...you could recover the used solution and recirculate several times before dumping through the hole in the wall...

Save a bit on nutes and gives you the option to CF test it to get some idea what the plants are doing...

My system recirculates and is 15mins on 45 off 24/7... lasts about 10 days or so before needing replacing...

Neat set-up bud...:yep:

• Like 3

On 01/03/2023 at 10:11 AM, Bud Baker said:

What size tent are you in there bro, I like your set up. I love growing coco dtw. 

It’s 1.2 x 2.4, yeah I enjoy growing in coco, but it find it more work and my body’s getting creaky lol

On 01/03/2023 at 11:59 AM, stu914 said:

Just a thought...you could recover the used solution and recirculate several times before dumping through the hole in the wall...

Save a bit on nutes and gives you the option to CF test it to get some idea what the plants are doing...

My system recirculates and is 15mins on 45 off 24/7... lasts about 10 days or so before needing replacing...

Neat set-up bud...:yep:

Yes, I was thinking’s this, I’ve got another line connected to the Rez that I can connect to the drain on the bucket, pimp it back into the tank and recirculate the feed, the system is quite flexible that way, what got me was the amount of empty bottles I’ve been hoarding….this has to be reduced :yep:

• Like 2

On 01/03/2023 at 2:09 PM, Bud Baker said:

There theoretically should be minimal run off in dtw to stop waste.

My wife always got my runoff for the garden, the grass loves it, it’s just getting it to garden that’s a pain 

• Like 2

If I done that in my house it would go something like "Hi honey look I have solved the drain to waste issue"...Whack lol

• Like 8