2023 Outdoor & 420l Pot Competition.

Seedstockers-Mark

@Skit RatDepends what you want I suspect but choose faster varieties with good mould resistance as a rule.

If there's unlimited choice I'd probably go for the CBG ZeroDue personally, I imagine most will opt for THC dominant vars though

:yinyang:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skit Rat said:

What seed selection is best people ??

Depends what latitude you're at, but full season photoperiods may not finish before winter arrives. Fast versions or autos are my preference. 

Just now, Crow River said:

Depends what latitude you're at, but full season photoperiods may not finish before winter arrives. Fast versions or autos are my preference. 

Only thing with autos I don’t think they will fill the 420lt pot before they flower…. Albeit you could possibly put x3 in at once?

• Like 1

Just now, e55ex0ldb0y said:

Only thing with autos I don’t think they will fill the 420lt pot before they flower…. Albeit you could possibly put x3 in at once?

Ah yeah, wasn't considering the 420 litre pot. Some autos can get pretty big though. Maybe an XXL auto cultivar might work? And yeah, you can plant up a few to fill out such a massive pot...

• Like 1

After a good look at the beans I’ve got already I’ve found 3x Gelato 41 fast. Thinking they might be good for the 420lt pot being fast version. Thoughts please.

• Like 3

@e55ex0ldb0y i grew 1 out last season that was massive, not sure if you saw it but its in the diary dude..would easily fill the big pot.

Tbh if you can avoid the auto pheno the fast cookies would be ideal. There was a few big girls last season and as you say its a lovely bit of bud, 1 of my favs since the cure :yep:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Revive said:

@e55ex0ldb0y i grew 1 out last season that was massive, not sure if you saw it but its in the diary dude..would easily fill the big pot.

Tbh if you can avoid the auto pheno the fast cookies would be ideal. There was a few big girls last season and as you say its a lovely bit of bud, 1 of my favs since the cure :yep:

@Revive your nickname should be Mr Reliable!!

Decision made thanks.

Yeah I really like the Cookies lovely smoke after a really good cure. Even my most ardent indoor only pals give it the thumbs up. Unfortunately all the Dutch Passion went mouldy before even showing a frost, think they might have been planted a little late. Shame because I was looking forward to trying it.

Im going to do 3 rows of 5 on the plot this year plus the 420lt pot a mix of photos and autos to try spreading out the trimming.

What you up to this season?

• Like 3

Sounds good buddy, hedge your bets eh and a staggered harvest is always welcome with the work it can involve.

Not sure what im gonna do tbh no comps for me this year though.

Im thinking of playing around with some of the many subbies I've collected, some real nice genetics in these a real mix of old and new.

Gonna pick a few fancy and see how they fair and make some hacks using something that should hopefully knock a bit of time off them and bring a bit of hardiness.. just playing nothing serious but I really dont need anymore bud for now, well stocked for about another 5 stretch with the way im smoking it.. I wanner try get some outdoor compatible strains on the subbies list and give a bit back to the site this season..this way im not left out and and can get my fix still lol

Ill prob bang a few autos out and maybe an odd test here or there but I think this will be the main focus buddy..

Shame about your DP strains last year, tbf mould is part and parcel when playing outdoors its always gonna be our enemy come Autumn but some just suffer more than others..its a big game of chance really bro.

You be lucky now :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 8

I did ask @Seedstockers-Mark on PM but I imagine he’ll be super busy so thought I’d post this here in case anyone else knows the answer.. 

How does the comp work? Do we buy whatever SS seeds we fancy trying to grow and then run a diary? Or do they specify what we need to be growing?  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

Even my most ardent indoor only pals give it the thumbs up.

You know people who won't smoke outdoor grown? lol 

Each to their own I suppose but, IMHO it's more psychedelic grown outdoors, I definitely get a different high from it, it's all the natural light see. :hippy:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, latitude54 said:

I did ask @Seedstockers-Mark on PM but I imagine he’ll be super busy so thought I’d post this here in case anyone else knows the answer.. 

How does the comp work? Do we buy whatever SS seeds we fancy trying to grow and then run a diary? Or do they specify what we need to be growing?  

I think it’s a free for all in both 420lt comp and outdoor this year.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, latitude54 said:

To my knowledge its free reign on cultivar selection ,  Mark siad to message him with choices if you need beans or  simply nominate your chosen beans :yep:

Hope my understandings correct mate.      All the best

• Like 3

I still have a few beans from earlier Testers left and some recent  Autos kindly sent over by Mark , thanks.

It will be a tough love grow due to health ,  but im down for not missing out on a seasons opportunity to grow lol   

I will be doing  -  Fem   Panty Punch  &  Gelato 41        Auto  -    Candy Dawg  ,   Mandarin Panties    ,  Triton Biscotto Lime

• Like 7