Crow River

@brock1, I'm not in Wales but if a strain can be grown in the valleys for decades, then it might just survive in the north too...

Definitely up for trying that! :yep: Though the Scottish x Royal Nepal cross sounds good too.

• Like 1

I can see a poss revival in the Scottish & Welsh coming :george:       Would be great to see :yep:     

• Like 3

@OldFord, maybe that would be A Good Thing? Landrace strains for each local environment makes sense. Perhaps not as potent as indoor hybrids but grown outdoors, naturally. Also, like the Danes, local growers and breeders could work the strains a bit, try different crosses...

Also, thought occurs that there might be growers here who could help preserve these strains, make some seeds to send in as subbies?

I'll try and get in touch with Esbe again to see about a pack of Scottish...

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Crow River said:

@OldFord, maybe that would be A Good Thing? Landrace strains for each local environment makes sense. Perhaps not as potent as indoor hybrids but grown outdoors, naturally. Also, like the Danes, local growers and breeders could work the strains a bit, try different crosses...

Also, thought occurs that there might be growers here who could help preserve these strains, make some seeds to send in as subbies?

I'll try and get in touch with Esbe again to see about a pack of Scottish...

Always happy to help grow a few out if it helps with the breeding  :george:          

• Like 3

It will be nice to see these old seeds brought back to life so others can take a step back in time. See what was growing here by people who grow outdoor even before I started 24 seasons ago this year. Mostly I grow mouldy bag seeds back then outdoor & greenhouse.  Not much as changed i still grow a lot of old mouldy buds grown from my buds:russian: but I still have just as much fun doing it now as then to :smokin:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So, I have the seeds now, courtesy @brock1, thank you. 

They are maximum ten years old. To my knowledge, I have not germinated seeds older than a few years. I've read up on Fulvic acid, peroxide, sandpaper, splitting seed shells, etc. Anyone have any other germination tips for old seeds?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Crow River said:

So, I have the seeds now, courtesy @brock1, thank you. 

They are maximum ten years old. To my knowledge, I have not germinated seeds older than a few years. I've read up on Fulvic acid, peroxide, sandpaper, splitting seed shells, etc. Anyone have any other germination tips for old seeds?

Don't go Fulvic acid is my advice you need to get the dose correct based on different strains with is a pain in the arse. If you use it wait to germinating as not happened after 3 day's. Separate each seed & dilute a little more for each seed your treat to increase the chance of getting some to respond. They should still germinate ok though as they have been in the fridge since I got them.

Good luck with the repro @Crow River :bong:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

I'm still committed to doing this project. It's been delayed by other grows and stuff. I've done some practicing with germinating older seeds, need to get a bit more of that done before going for this, don't want to mess things up.

Next year I'll aim to make some progress and hopefully get some seeds grown, pollen collected.

• Like 1