Crow River

The only other info I could find was on cannapedia, they had that same pic. Gave a finish time of end September, and height of 250cm. Hybrid, outdoor, regular. That's it.

I'm sure there'll be great genetics among the current HFH strains, Monk and Leb27 both look very suitable for northern growers for instance. Was just interested to try 'Scottish'...

Oh there's also a thread over on IC Mag from ten years ago with some pics and info. Seems like a semi-auto, not super potent, not a big yield. Also an interesting discussion about trying to create a Scottish landrace, where the breeder of 'Scottish' was mentioned as being Eno...

Probably the closest to 'Scottish' that are available now would be HFH's 'Wild' line, which are based on (unspecified) Eno genetics it seems (from a bit of digging around).

Edited by Crow River

• 3 months later...

Looks like I might be able to get a pack of this strain from HFH direct. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Crow River said:

Looks like I might be able to get a pack of this strain from HFH direct. Fingers crossed! 

My bad meant to hit like but I'm stoned anyway good luck hope you get them 

Edited by bfehillbilly
  • Like 2

On 12/01/2023 at 2:10 AM, Crow River said:

I read a few old threads on here, and "other forums" about a strain called 'Scottish' by Hybrids From Hell / Esbe Seeds. From these I assume it is no longer available. Certainly can't find it at any of the seed retailers I know that stock HFH strains.

Does anyone here know of someplace that still may have these seeds? Or anyone actually got some in their collection?

Just curious, because I wonder why that strain fell away, when several other HFH strains continue to be developed and improved.

I think I still have some Scottish seeds in the collection and some Welsh also. Both are apparently very similar. Scotish i was told was a Durban x unknown and the Welsh was also a Durban x unknown. I found them to be similar to early Durban. From the HFH seed I grow Royal Nepal was my favourite. 

• Like 2

Just now, brock1 said:

I think I still have some Scottish seeds in the collection and some Welsh also. Both are apparently very similar. Scotish i was told was a Durban x unknown and the Welsh was also a Durban x unknown. I found them to be similar to early Durban. From the HFH seed I grow Royal Nepal was my favourite. 

That's interesting, I did wonder what the genetics might be. Royal Nepal no longer available either, seems to be a cross between Royal Dane and Nepal Kush?

• Like 2

Just now, Crow River said:

That's interesting, I did wonder what the genetics might be. Royal Nepal no longer available either, seems to be a cross between Royal Dane and Nepal Kush?

I believe it was a Royal Dane x Nepal kush yes. It was very mould resistant here i didn't find a single spot. I think I still have Danish cheese to. These were good but had hermi problems. Messed one of my patches up because I didn't cheak on them regular enough. 

• Like 5

The Royal Nep was one of my favourites . Along with Royal Nep x Flatland Basic .

Funny I just got an email from Espen , he's got something going in the post this week . 

Edited by CheechChongReturns
  • Like 3

large.temporary_zps198c52b8.jpgJust took a loot to see if I still had Scottish seeds. Unfortunately not but I still have the Wesh in pure form and Scottish x Royal Nepal i made. This was the Royal nepal mother i didn't got a picture of the Scottish male. 

• Like 8

@brock1, looks great! 

The Welsh strain sounds intriguing. Also that Scottish x Royal Nepal could be a good candidate for northern UK growing... :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crow River said:

@brock1, looks great! 

The Welsh strain sounds intriguing. Also that Scottish x Royal Nepal could be a good candidate for northern UK growing... :) 

Few yrs back I was working over in Cardigan. I needed a new wood burner for home and heard an old guy, a regular of a local pub had sone for sale. I sought out Jeri and went to his house. Upon leaving I had a new burner in the van and he was £350 richer. While there he gave us a big bag of popcorn buds saying it was a strain he had been growing in the valley for decades! Said they once filled a small valley with it and swore by it. It was alright. Anyway some of it was seeded and I still have about a dozen regs of this 'Welsh Landrace' if anyone wants to try it? Ideally a Welsh guerilla. Fuck knows if it will be any good tho but it did finish up by the sound of it.

• Like 4

Thats the information I got with the Welsh. Apparently the guys who grow must of grow a lot and even had a auto version of Welsh. Pretty impressive really because they were doing this pre lowryder from what I understand & the information past onto my be another Welsh grower who had both versions :bong:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 3

@brock1

hey brock, I’m making plots all over my area in South west wales at the moment. Less than an hour from cardigan… I’d love to give a couple a try for you..?

• Like 3