Crow River

27 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

@panik you got any tanska development kicking about?

Pretty sure they're still going as well mate..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, panik said:

Wonder who that was ? 

No idea to be fair, it just came up when I was emailing one of the Nordic seedbanks. I was under the inores4 he had shut up shop but they explained he'd just had a few issues and gone off the radar for a wee bit. 

Or do mean it was you lol, surely not? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

No idea to be fair, it just came up when I was emailing one of the Nordic seedbanks. I was under the inores4 he had shut up shop but they explained he'd just had a few issues and gone off the radar for a wee bit. 

Or do mean it was you lol, surely not? 

definitely not me no lol 

• Like 1

''Scottish'' is one of the few strains I didn't grow that Esben released eleven and twelve years ago. I do vaguely remember seeing pictures of it , schwag, and some of the strains were very similar anyway. A lot of them were below par and poorer than some of the ''rogue-ish'' or banned hemp strains ,because they were better if unseeded! 

Danish gold seed grew some great plants and some HP2 ,crosses of both. Loose flowers and at least there was flowers and not a heap of leaf. There were a few that had a very pungent, haze scent and they were hardy. Quite a few have a ruderalis gene, and some very early finishers. The daylight hours reduce quicker and sooner where these plants are or were bred, but there's pro's and cons for the grower that bit west and southerly. 

I made crosses of some of Esbens' seed, made some right freaks, one sticky, stinky and gooey''mom'', oozing with resin, just a ball of leaf and a few calyxes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

The daylight hours reduce quicker and sooner where these plants are or were bred

I'm pretty close to the same latitude that HFH plants are bred, only slightly south, climate must be similar as I face the same sea that Denmark does...

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crow River said:

I'm pretty close to the same latitude that HFH plants are bred, only slightly south, climate must be similar as I face the same sea that Denmark does...

Between now and June you might get to make a few auto crosses too, if you need an early finishing plant. If you really want some HFH seed you'll find them or the next generations online but I'd opt for a Danish gold rather than Scottish fluff. 

You might even be able to force flower a plant or two near the house ,and gain a few weeks before leaving it to the do it's own thing under normal daylight hours.

• Like 4

Just now, Michael Luchóg said:

If you really want some HFH seed

I do have a few beans from HFH. Was just curious about this particular strain.

1 minute ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Between now and June you might get to make a few auto crosses too, if you need an early finishing plant.

Yeah, might manage to chuck a bit of pollen before then. Don't have it from an outdoor strain though. But this season will probably test out some crosses others have made.

4 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

You might even be able to force flower a plant or two near the house ,and gain a few weeks before leaving it to the do it's own thing under normal daylight hours.

That's a great idea, but I don't have anywhere suitable. No garden, just an allotment plot.

Anyway, I feel we are drifting off topic, albeit on an interesting current...

• Like 2

Heard back from one of the retailers in Denmark. Apparently they stopped carrying HFH because they cannot contact him. :( Pity because they had his entire range last year, and I picked up some strains. Anyway, they never heard of the 'Scottish' strain. 

I hope Esbe is okay. Haven't heard from HFH but an enquiry about an obscure old strain is probably not top priority...

So unless someone gets back to me at some point, I guess that's it. Maybe a couple of folk here (apart from @Goohfy) still have some beans hidden away somewhere. I recall reading a post somewhere (not here) that @brock1 grew this strain a few years back?

Even if 'Scottish' is sub par compared to more recent strains, I'd still be interested in giving it a try if I could find some seeds...

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 7:48 PM, panik said:

I did but there all gone now I gave 100’s packs  away as germ rates were poor @Loam Gnome had a bunch not sure he got any to pop ? 

Sadly not and i must have tried about 100 of various types.

• Like 4

Heard back from a retailer in Poland, never heard of 'Scottish' either. :) 

Also, Esben himself replied. He says he still has some in the freezer. :yep:

Whether I'll be able to obtain any seeds is another matter. We shall see...

• Like 3

Scottish
Génétique :
?? souches écossaises
50% indica - 50% sativa
Environnement : indoor + outdoor
Flo : 7 - 8 semaines
Notes :
* outdoor jusqu'à la latitude 59° Nord
* coloration violette avec des températures basses
* bon rendement
* très bonnes résistances aux moisissures

• Like 3

Hard to recall now. I have scoured the web for info on HFH few times in the past.

By all accounts these were among the shitter genetics from ESBe. My feeling is y a bit gimmicky with that name. to go with different genetics. Sounds cool and even perfect with a name like that though, but Scotland is basically just across from Denmark lat wise and so not really anything gonna be too special here and unlikely to keep the midges at bay either lol

Edited by Loam Gnome
  • Like 1