Triton Biscotto Lime

AngryDuck

24 tops. :yep:

large.rsz_20230203_204412.jpg

Bring forth the net. It's almost time.

Sunday will see the light turned to full power. Allow them one week or so to adjust and make sure they are happy. Then tie these bitches down. And flip the light.

Not all 24 are needed. I worked it out to about 21 per plant to cover a 50x50 area using a 75mm net. 24 just allowed for some weak stems or breaks. Any unneeded will be cloned up.

This will be my first time using a net. 75mm x 75mm holes give 84 tops with every other 75mm hole having a tip. I have 96 tops.

All the tips I can get my hands on will be removed before switching. Anything that branches out during the stretch will be cut away.  This is a single cola only. A good thick bud is about 100mm so I hope my spacing will be about right.

Not long to find out :)

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The key to the Yukka was a maxi jet. Trying to shake a water container is not the one.

It's a bad back waiting to happen these days. A lot of changes over the last 2 weeks as much of this hobby is on the floor or bent over. not anymore. 

large.rsz_20230211_131649.jpg

large.rsz_20230217_141710.jpg

Pre-hair-cut!
Sticking the place out.

large.rsz_20230214_115638.jpg

Bet the council bins smell lovely

large.rsz_12023-02-17_211227.jpg

They are ready for the net now.

large.rsz_20230215_213649.jpg

large.rsz_20230216_152213.jpg

All the cloning supplies have now been delivered. If I get these under a net without any breaks I will be surprised. Space them out and remove any unneeded ones.  Just waiting on one more delivery before i can lock them in.

Too busy at the top of this hill. Got to the tree belt and there were pheasant bird feeders everywhere. plus all the fields are food crops. Off in the distance is grassy. still, plenty of time to find a home for them. :yep:

large.rsz_120230213_112308.jpg

• Like 9

Sun is shining today meaning it's getting closer to moving day. A nice sheltered sunny corner in the garden awaits. A new home will see this produce enough clones to play about with.

large.rsz_12023-02-19_104914.jpg

large.rsz_20230219_104341.jpg

• Like 6

This is a long time coming. I will never hit my head on that Led again. :D

large.rsz_20230224_104404.jpg

Gave them another strip and have spent the past few days getting them pinned to the net and picking which branches to keep for clones. It felt and looked a little brutal. 
This was the first day. 75x75 seems to be a great size I never understood people using a net of 100 / 150 Some look like they lassoed the plant rather than used it to space out.
Plumbed in the trays too. No more messing about with the runoff. This has stopped me from using a net in the past.

large.rsz_20230220_173729.jpg

large.rsz_20230224_103935.jpg

For now, the unneeded branches remain and are held down to the pots below the net. 
Not had time to deal with them yet but plan to get them chopped by Sunday give these one week of recovery and then finally switch the lights. 
No more trimming now, just nipping off the tips as and when they show along with keeping it level. 

• Like 8

large.rsz_20230225_120731.jpg

Slight yellow tips coming from three days of full power without any humidity they just cannot take it.

The final total was 84 main branches. No real plans for these cuts. Just a measuring exercise for a future cupboard.

I had to put the cuts back in the tent. They stunk the house out. These plants smell so nice. :yep:

• Like 5

Scrapped together a temporary home for these cuts.

large.rsz_20230226_092309.jpg

large.rsz_20230225_141023.jpg

Need to come up with a solution this week. Once that lid pops there going to stink the house out.

This was the final part. The tent is now set up for 10 weeks of flowering. 

• Like 5

On 26/02/2023 at 11:45 AM, AngryDuck said:

Scrapped together a temporary home for these cuts.

large.rsz_20230226_092309.jpg

large.rsz_20230225_141023.jpg

Need to come up with a solution this week. Once that lid pops there going to stink the house out.

This was the final part. The tent is now set up for 10 weeks of flowering. 

Have they taken Duck and how long TY.peace Goohfy.

• Like 3

On 03/03/2023 at 6:59 PM, Goohfy said:

Have they taken Duck and how long TY.peace Goohfy.

Hey Goohyy

Wish I could be sharing 13 rooted clones. Sadly there sitting in the bottom of a train bin. They were stinking the place out.

I could not organize a proper home for them in time. To do it right was going to cost a little too much right now  Be silly getting busted for some unneeded clones due to the smell. So on Thursday morning, they took a trip to London waterloo lol

With it due to snow here next week the option of going straight outside was ruled out.

I have even moved the pot noodle to her new home. The sun early last week had me fooled into thinking the weather had turned for the better. Now I've had a family member calling me asking how many ML per liter to feed and when. The future is bright for this plant I have started to organize a nice sunny spot in the garden for it. So I will revise the cloning on this plant later in the year once I have a chance to get a small propper tent set up.

On the plus side, it's 12/12 time tomorrow night :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AngryDuck said:

Hey Goohyy

Wish I could be sharing 13 rooted clones. Sadly there sitting in the bottom of a train bin. They were stinking the place out.

I could not organize a proper home for them in time. To do it right was going to cost a little too much right now  Be silly getting busted for some unneeded clones due to the smell. So on Thursday morning, they took a trip to London waterloo lol

With it due to snow here next week the option of going straight outside was ruled out.

I have even moved the pot noodle to her new home. The sun early last week had me fooled into thinking the weather had turned for the better. Now I've had a family member calling me asking how many ML per liter to feed and when. The future is bright for this plant I have started to organize a nice sunny spot in the garden for it. So I will revise the cloning on this plant later in the year once I have a chance to get a small propper tent set up.

On the plus side, it's 12/12 time tomorrow night :)

Best to be safe pal.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2

This has been the longest week by far. 

Giving them an extra week after cutting was maybe not needed but it seemed the right thing to do.  I will adjust the net height over the next week or so as I am unsure how high above the canopy to place it.  This is all new to me.

Raised the light from 50% and set it at 75% today which is giving my phone a reading of around 450 at canopy level and +500 on the net. It's over 600 at full power at the net but I am going to wait till I see flowers starting to form before increasing to the max.

Still, no humidity in the tent, in fact, the last 3 months have bearly seen the meter register. I am slightly worried about turning the light up and them not handling it too well. ( this is the next fix)

All the lower tips have been removed as far up as a dared go without risking breaking the main tip.

8 am to 8 pm will be lights off.  In my head, I have given 10 weeks to flower. but were see how they get on.

I have stepped up the watering over the past 2 weeks to 5ltrs per plant every other day. Down from every 3 days. And the plants have really responded well to it.

Loving the canopy being at waist height. I could not commit to watering every 2 days with it all being on the floor. Raising the tent may have set me back a few weeks with the original plan to flip on the 1st of Feb, so I am a little behind but my back is thankful even if my wallet is not lol

large.rsz_20230306_200551.jpg

Day one of flower :yep:

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 7

One week on. Day 8

large.rsz_20230313_213816.jpg

large.rsz_20230313_213530_1.jpg

large.rsz_120230312_233407.jpg

Not touched anything over the last week.

My vision of colas all in a line in each direction is coming along nicely. Will see how they stretch over this week before adjusting the top net.

Already making plans for the next run, from 4 to 6 plants, and sacking off the 16ltrs for somewhere between 9-12ltrs and a lot shorter veg time.

The plants had got that sun tan look to the top layer of leaves by Friday at 75% so reduced it back to 50%  Pull a branch to the side and the leaves got greener the further down I went.

Close my eyes and place my hand inside the tent it feels like touching parchment paper with these leaves, everything is just bone dry. The last 24 hours produced a high of a whopping 31%

I'm sure this is having an effect and shows up every time I try and push the light. My meter stops recording at 30% so unsure just how dry it really is most of the time. I need a good meter to track this without opening the tent.

Meh, Not much I can do about it this run.

1 down 9 ish weeks to go :yep:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AngryDuck said:

One week on. Day 8

large.rsz_20230313_213816.jpg

large.rsz_20230313_213530_1.jpg

large.rsz_120230312_233407.jpg

Not touched anything over the last week.

My vision of colas all in a line in each direction is coming along nicely. Will see how they stretch over this week before adjusting the top net.

Already making plans for the next run, from 4 to 6 plants, and sacking off the 16ltrs for somewhere between 9-12ltrs and a lot shorter veg time.

The plants had got that sun tan look to the top layer of leaves by Friday at 75% so reduced it back to 50%  Pull a branch to the side and the leaves got greener the further down I went.

Close my eyes and place my hand inside the tent it feels like touching parchment paper with these leaves, everything is just bone dry. The last 24 hours produced a high of a whopping 31%

I'm sure this is having an effect and shows up every time I try and push the light. My meter stops recording at 30% so unsure just how dry it really is most of the time. I need a good meter to track this without opening the tent.

Meh, Not much I can do about it this run.

1 down 9 ish weeks to go :yep:

Ok mate looking good nice flat conopy are they all biscotto lime going to put a few of these down so pulling up a chair

• Like 3

@Baron von greenback

There all the same TBL

I am liking the net. It has spaced them out nicely with enough room around each for the light to get in. 

Unsure about clipping all the tips should have maybe left a few more on and trimmed up after. Trial and error lol

Silly really dedicate a whole tent to one strain without knowing what the smoke is like. < this will be another change I make next time. 2x3 strains.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AngryDuck said:

Silly really dedicate a whole tent to one strain without knowing what the smoke is like. < this will be another change I make next time. 2x3 strains.

From what @Seedstockers-Mark has said, 

I don't think you're going to be disappointed. 

Looking at the bud and trichome development in my Bloom-room right now I have to agree with him :yep:

I intend to get some fresh photos for my next update later on today, 

they're just coming up to around day 42.

Mark said he reckons they should go around 60 days to finish iirc. 

Keep up the excellent work :D

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4