Triton Biscotto Lime

AngryDuck

Very hard water here. I use a cheapo kitchen/fridge water filter jug for the kettle and humidifier. 

All previous limescale issues gone. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KC said:

I bet mineral water would be fine. The big bottles work out quite cheap if you don't buy branded. My water is pretty bad at some points in the year, must be a mixed supply. 

A towel in a bucket/tub of water near the oscillating fan works in smallish spaces. 

46 minutes ago, blerie420 said:

If you've got an intake sticking a frozen water bottle worked really well for me in that heatwave last year.

I stuck a 2l in the ducting outside the tent (1.2x12) and it knocked my RH up 20%. Does require daily changes though so have at least 2 ready

35 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

Very hard water here. I use a cheapo kitchen/fridge water filter jug for the kettle and humidifier. 

All previous limescale issues gone. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am waiting for shops to start stocking the AC infinity 9ltr humdifier, solely based on the fact it can go outside the tent, and its smart compared to others.  Ive put it in my head this be about £150. There is a 5ltr out right now, but i dont wanna be changing the tank every other day. The up side is this has to be the last part of the jigsaw for me regarding an ideal enviroment. 

@Shumroom I have a poorly plant in a noodle, its had a hard life. (The runt of the 5) What are the rules as this started life in another smaller container.

Iv

• Like 5

16 hours ago, KC said:

I wouldn't bother with mycorrhizal fungi for something as short lived as a cannabis plant. Living bed yes or even say keeping mother plants it may be worth it, but for a plant that will be alive for 4 months then no I wouldn't bother.

Interesting. I always put a dusting of mycorrhizal granules in the soil just before potting up to finals. I believe (possibly mistakenly) it can enhance root growth and development. Point taken though, I may need to look into this further.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KC said:

I bet mineral water would be fine.

KC Brains swears by mineral water, apparently plants love it. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngryDuck said:

What are the rules as this started life in another smaller container.

You'd need to double check with @Seedstockers-Mark ,

but I think that so long as you started in a smaller pot than the noodle pot,

it should be OK to pot up into the noodle pot and continue from there.

I've seen a few folk having problems with the recent cold weather,

just remember,

it's you finish that's important :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Just now, Shumroom said:

You'd need to double check with @Seedstockers-Mark ,

but I think that so long as you started in a smaller pot than the noodle pot,

it should be OK to pot up into the noodle pot and continue from there.

I've seen a few folk having problems with the recent cold weather,

just remember,

it's you finish that's important :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

Its was a 0.75 pot then into a king pot.... Im not in it for prizes. This was never intended.

I would like to learn with it though... I know if i transplant in a week it will bounce back. But that is the easy way out. Right now its in shock from a hair cut.

this seed just never took off. Pocked its head up had a little stretch, then went to bed. 3 weeks it sat there doing nothing. Then one day it woke up but was too far behind, so its new home became a pot noodle and soon maybe the bin lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crow River said:

Interesting. I always put a dusting of mycorrhizal granules in the soil just before potting up to finals. I believe (possibly mistakenly) it can enhance root growth and development. Point taken though, I may need to look into this further.

Mycorrhizae go to work immediately after application and will take about 4 weeks to establish the symbiotic relationship.

It generally takes about 8 weeks for benefits to become visible.

So, @KC is right to say it's not really necessary.

but in my opinion it's always beneficial for the flowering stage till harvesting ;

just to prevent rot for example.

It's not very expensive so it's worth it ;)

Don't buy mycorrhizae especially for cannabis ; it's a steal, really !

go to your local garden Center, I bought 500gr for less than 10€
Same fungus :D 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crow River said:

Interesting. I always put a dusting of mycorrhizal granules in the soil just before potting up to finals

Get it in as early as possible is best as it takes a month or 2 to start working, I like using Biosys (Ecothrive) from as soon as they take more than a dribble at a time (they don't seem to like it from the get ho or while germinating). It inoculates the soil/plant with all kinds of beneficials as well as multiple types of mycorrhizal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngryDuck said:

this seed just never took off. Pocked its head up had a little stretch, then went to bed. 3 weeks it sat there doing nothing. Then one day it woke up but was too far behind, so its new home became a pot noodle and soon maybe the bin

I had similar issues, check out my diary. Four girls stalled, now onto third attempt with two more seedlings! Thank goodness the beans are sponsored. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeoFromLux said:

Don't buy mycorrhizae especially for cannabis ; it's a steal, really !

go to your local garden Center, I bought 500gr for less than 10€
Same fungus :D

I don't buy anything canna-specific except seeds (and carbon filters). FleaBay has good deals on mycorrhizal granules. :yep:

Your comments are pretty much inline with what I thought. I've mostly grown autos until recently, they go into finals at the seedling stage. If photos go into finals during veg, then unless it's a FV surely there'll still be benefits from mycorrhizae? I put the granules into the hole in the soil where the rootball goes, so they're in direct contact...

I suppose if there are multiple pot-ups then a wee dash of granules each time can't hurt?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crow River said:

I suppose if there are multiple pot-ups then a wee dash of granules each time can't hurt?

Providing it works you should only need to do it once. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Providing it works you should only need to do it once. 

Hm, probably just first pot up then. Think I'll try it on the Pot Noodles, they're due a re-pot (rather than a pot up) soon. :) 

• Like 4

So how do you know they are working? I went with three types. one mixed into the soil, one inside the water container and one as a "tea" each up pot

This was the first time seeing a nice white fuzz on top of the soil, when the pots were inside the dome in 70% humidty and the soil was nice and moist. Soon as plants moved to the dry environment i have not seen it since.

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 2