Triton Biscotto Lime

AngryDuck

38 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Good luck with the competition and the grow :lucky:

Atb

:yinyang:

Thanks Shumroom, Competition ?

@b-real thanks, I've been following others two. Not seen anyone go to flower yet.  

• Like 2

firefox works, swithcing browsers for one site :ohmygod: Also trying to sort photo size out too lol

Moving forward, I have bought some new to me products this go, but how do I know they are having an effect on my grow?

large.rsz_2022-11-24_222230.jpg

TNC mycorrmax, x5 0.75ltr pots full of soil. Emptied out, to this I added 50gs.

large.rsz_2rsz_12022-11-24_224134.jpg

ecothrive biosys, Only a 10g pack. 1g was used to pre water the soil a few days before planting, then the rest will be split 3gs per each transplant. Again this is something i cannot see if its having an effect. Are there signs to be looking for? or is this a trust item that once added will be working as decribed?

Plant Success - Orca, 5ml every 10 litre container... Same as question as above.

Raw Yucca, 1g scoop to every 10ltrs... This always foams up on re-fill day. Depending on the grow stage its maybe sat for up to a week or used within 48-hours. The foaming when shaking the can stops after maybe 24-hours or once I let air into the container.  Should I be adding this as I mix my feed up or does it not matter? The fact its no longer foaming is a sign its best effects have gone?

large.rsz_120230110_091106.jpg

This is added to every 10ltr container. Then during the week add my main feed on top. fishmix and bloom.

large.rsz_20230110_085929.jpg

One bar of the 465 just to start things off. Its when the lid is removed that problems start. A nice 70% humidity inside and off the chart dry outside.

large.rsz_20221127_115201.jpg

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, AngryDuck said:

but how do I know they are having an effect on my grow?

So many things change between grows, well they do with me anyway. You could have vastly different temps, different compost/mediums, use fungi or not, change nutes it's so hard to tell. This is just my opinion, but I've deemed the likes of roots juices (i've never used the biobizz version) really good but I wouldn't bother with mycorrhizal fungi for something as short lived as a cannabis plant. Living bed yes or even say keeping mother plants it may be worth it, but for a plant that will be alive for 4 months then no I wouldn't bother.

I don't know anything about those other things lol 

• Like 5

Newbie here but I will follow your diary :yep:

Love to try this strain!

but I have several others to harvest before :D 

good luck!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, KC said:

So many things change between grows, well they do with me anyway. You could have vastly different temps, different compost/mediums, use fungi or not, change nutes it's so hard to tell. This is just my opinion, but I've deemed the likes of roots juices (i've never used the biobizz version) really good but I wouldn't bother with mycorrhizal fungi for something as short lived as a cannabis plant. Living bed yes or even say keeping mother plants it may be worth it, but for a plant that will be alive for 4 months then no I wouldn't bother.

I don't know anything about those other things lol 

Everything is about spot on without trying to much bar the humidity. Its up to around £300 to solve the issue. At some point this year before starting again i will adress that issue. Once that dome comes off the plants get sucked alive and turn to sand paper, then disabled out causing me issues, before growing out of it. For 3 grows in a row the same outcome.

All them items around a 10er each so at the time of buying things, it seems like nothing, but add them up its a chunk. do i or do i not need them :unsure:  I just do not know what to look for to show there working. I am doing 2 months of veg and then 8-10 weeks of flower I would agree if flipping sooner some of them products may not be worth it using.

• Like 3

I can't remember what it was called but I bought a little mister than sits in a bucket of water for about 15 quid, it was years ago mind, brought the humidity up wonders. A couple of years ago I bought a humidifier quite cheap on cannazon quite cheap. It lasted a good few months, maybe 8 or 10 but I was using hard tap water in it rather than the deionized water it suggested, I had to fill it every 18 hours or so. The limescale killed it in the end. Maybe worth a look! 

• Like 2

@KC

limescale had built up on a cheap one i bought in under 24-hours. 300ml was its rated output and it done nothing to effect the RH in 6 hours even with the fan off, was a wick one meant to be good with hard water but wasnt. Have not bothered since. Its pointless without a filter here as everything will clog. So an Ro filter and proper humidifier in coming, then i hope to see my grows sped up by maybe a few weeks.

• Like 1

I bet mineral water would be fine. The big bottles work out quite cheap if you don't buy branded. My water is pretty bad at some points in the year, must be a mixed supply. 

A towel in a bucket/tub of water near the oscillating fan works in smallish spaces. 

• Like 2

If you've got an intake sticking a frozen water bottle worked really well for me in that heatwave last year.

I stuck a 2l in the ducting outside the tent (1.2x12) and it knocked my RH up 20%. Does require daily changes though so have at least 2 ready

• Like 2