Triton Biscotto Lime

AngryDuck

Sorry I don't speak well English

(I'm French :D)

I wanted to say "there is no risk of burning plants with mycorrhizae"

don't find the button to edit my post.

the white fuzz you had is moisture from the medium not from mycorrhizae in my opinion 

• Like 2

When the RH is very high, 

you'll see the fungus/mycorrhizae on the surface of the medium. 

But once the RH drops,

it will no longer continue to expand into the air,

but it should still be colonising the medium below the surface. 

That's my understanding of it anyway :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 5

I will post it here it does not warrent its own thread.

If i can get this back growing healthy stems, I could clone it. Its easy to stick it in a big pot but how would you treat a plant in a small pot.

DO you keep doesages the same per litre? It wants feeding but with a cut and fresh soil how much ?

large.rsz_20230109_113454.jpg

The bag of charge in the background was free with led light over a year ago. Unsure how best to use it. But i did add 2gs to the fresh soil.

large.63c07cf486278_rsz_20230109_114411(1).jpg

Hair cut time, maybe why its looking so sad right now. this was 48 hours ago.

large.rsz_120230109_114655.jpg

Good luck

large.rsz_20230109_115137_1.jpg

There is a 20mm layer of perlite in the bottom. I questioned myself about this. I have ordered some capillary matting and plan to use this with just plain water, once i see roots show at the bottom. Then i can take it off and top feed nutes. It seemed a good idea at the time and would allow me not to be checking on it all the time... or are there problems a head.

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 4

Could anyone offer some advice?

Left it alone for a week, there are now roots showing at the bottom. So it's alive. It needs feeding but how to dose it? How much Pl to go in with?

I did mist it today with some fishmix and acti vera just before the photo. Rather than full water but I plan to do this tomorrow.

large.63c97eb2724c2_rsz_220230119_142306(1).jpg

I am only messing about with this... I am a few weeks off flipping the other 4 girls. They are a little camera-shy right now. Recovering from being butchered over two weeks, but the foundations have now been set.

I do plan a weekly update over the 10-week flower period. 

• Like 2

I contacted mark due to bad genetics on my last grow. Looking forward to some sensimilla :smokin:

large.63cc7c52aec89_rsz_2023-01-21_220347(1).jpg

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 3

Off with her head. :execute:

large.rsz_12023-01-21_220840.jpg

It's around this time that everything goes downhill. Once I am unable to cover the plants to keep the humidity up. Over the next 7 days or so, I watch the plants be sucked dry in front of my eyes. Leaves go from silky and lush to dry feeling brittle and ruff like sandpaper.
I'm sure this is having a knock-on. Everything is green and healthy here but for the 3rd grow in a row they soon develop issues. then I spend a few weeks nursing them before they outgrow the problems.
Fixing this and doing it correctly is going to cost a little more than I first expected. I could cut my veg time in half I reckon if they grew at the rate they do for the first couple of weeks with a nice humidity. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I managed to miss this late entry to the comp, she is looking well, good luck with the grow (but not too much)

Disappointed I did not realize there was a competition or I would have started it the correct way. It kinda feels like I've cheated. It's no entry I was just messing about it rather than bin it   :yep:

It's growing, put out roots in 3 days, and has produced pre-flowers now. Still looks yellow ish but need to ignore what's there and watch the new stuff. 

I won't flower this I am going to donate it to 10 or so clones if I can get it growing healthy again. While trying to slow their growth over 10 weeks while the rest flower.  < part of the reason for cutting the roots back over transplant up.

I have an outdoor space. and don't plan to finish flowering here till around April. I am hoping to grow some of these clones outside. Then before they start flowering in August?  go back and grab some more clones... but this is a distant dream lol

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 3

Ive took some clones from mine a few weeks ago as I want to grow them full size without the noodle pot restricting them.

Theyre tough cookies and can take a decent amount of abuse without dying - so far anyhow !

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Happy down below. now for the top to play catch up. There are clear signs everything is improving just a waiting game now.

large.rsz_20230129_115034.jpg

I have been looking at cloning kits. Got the Okay for the garden. The future could be bright for what has once deemed the runt.

Edited by AngryDuck
  • Like 4

Under the cover of darkness Fungi live.

large.rsz_20230201_211638.jpg

large.rsz_20230201_211622.jpg

My knowledge is not great. I paid for this white stuff. The question is can it become too much?

It's dark and damp. Ideal. Is there anything I could add on top to make them even happier?

Or should I be looking at reducing this?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AngryDuck said:

can it become too much?

No 

8 hours ago, AngryDuck said:

Is there anything I could add on top to make them even happier?

No real need to, maybe give a light top dress of some all in one dry ferts (Life Cycle/Dr forest premium blend etc), tempting to recommend a mulch layer but might be a bit much for your size of container. How big is it? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

No 

No real need to, maybe give a light too dress of some all in one dry ferts (Life Cycle/Dr forest premium blend), tempting to recommend a mulch layer but might be a bit much for your size of container. How big is it? 

They are 16ltr pots.

I have 60 grams of eco-thrive charge left.  Could use 7.5 grams now for each pot, then the next 7.5 after finishing the stretch. Or load up it up 15gs each now.

This is the only thing I really have to hand regarding top dressing. I am feeding biobizz range.

Mulch layer, interested if it's clean and does not promote any bugs coming to live lol

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't bother with any mulch at that size, might do more harm than good (not too sure though so feel free to research it more). 

I always go for the less is more approach so maybe the 7.5g but honestly if you're feeding liquids then it's not necessary. If your getting mycelium on the soil surface then your whatever your doing is already enough. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1