Bottomless Pots; an experiment.

Pepe Ramon

Hi everyone.  

A quick update.

I've trained the Malawi a little and I'm very happy with the result, she's not showing any pre-flowers yet and I'm not feeding her either.

Malawi

large.IMG_6343.jpg

Malawi

large.IMG_6342.jpg

The Beldia Kif is flowering very well and I expect to harvest her before the end of August she is semi-auto btw.

I tried feeding her once but she didn't like it, so all she is getting is water.

She smells devine, like nothing I've ever grown before, it reminds me of pale hash, what we used to call "Red Leb" but obviously that came from Lebanese, properly old school.

I swear if I had a big bag of this in my pocket the average man on the street wouldn't smell it. Possibly an option for the growers who are worried about strong smells.

Beldia Kif

large.IMG_6333.jpg

Beldia Kif

large.IMG_6329.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, a quick update.

The Malawi is coming along nicely, she is finally starting to stagger her nodes, but I believe I won't be chopping her until sometime in November. 

I gave her a light feed last night of 1ml per litre of Fish-Mix and 1ml per litre of Bloom, both from Biobizz.

My thinking is to get the organic bloom nutrients into the soil so they are there when the plant wants them.

large.IMG_6441.jpg

Unfortunately the cunterpillars have got to the Beldia Kif, I didn't spray her at all and I've lost a few grammes as a result. This plant was only ever going to be encapsulated anyway, but after discovering this last night, I've decided to make tincture from her, after I've tried a little smoke from her obviously. She's now drying downstairs and she smells amazing.

large.IMG_6444.jpg

There isn't a huge amount of damage and it looks far worse than it actually is.

large.IMG_6443.jpg

After the cunterpillars have eaten some of the buds, the buds dry up and fall off, I can still use the dried buds so it's not like damage from bud rot.

large.IMG_6442.jpg

• Like 10

I'm smoking some of the Beldia Kif already, some of the buds that were munched by the cunterpillars are dry enough to smoke. 

The taste reminds me old school hash with some lemons added.

• Like 4

Really nice grow mr Arbre. Ive been interested in crossing these 2 strains in the past to create a 100% sativa that will finish in UK climate so ill be staying tuned

Peace

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mad Barry said:

Really nice grow mr Arbre. Ive been interested in crossing these 2 strains in the past to create a 100% sativa that will finish in UK climate so ill be staying tuned

Peace

Cheers dude, the Beldia Kif is a dream to grow and like I keep saying, the smell is out of this world, I've never grown a plant that smells so nice, even my wife likes it. 

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Cheers dude, the Beldia Kif is a dream to grow and like I keep saying, the smell is out of this world, I've never grown a plant that smells so nice, even my wife likes it. 

It's unique aint it, kind of like an earthy honey smell

The effect of the Moroccan Landrace is second to none in my opinion. I Grow Maroc by Female Seeds almost exclusively since chancing upon a pack of seeds of a mate a few years back.

Its Beldia x Northern Lights but retains the Moroccan smell / effect. I've been keen to try the pure real deal

I heard the phrase "This is what weed should be like" from several people who I have gifted bud to & this was also my opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mad Barry said:

I heard the phrase "This is what weed should be like" from several people who I have gifted bud to & this was also my opinion.

Spot on, that's exactly how I feel about it too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

large.IMG_5643.jpg

The Malawi is finally starting to flower.

large.IMG_5812.jpg

The trunk is mahoosive.

large.IMG_5813.jpg

I'm feeding her 1ml of Fish-Mix and 1ml of Bloom from Biobizz at the moment.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

I realised the other day that I hadn't finished this diary...

I managed to kill the Malawi, a combination of over-feeding and neglect, lesson learnt, move on.

large.b3ec84c6-cb65-4329-b4ba-392f54e34e2b.jpg

This is the rootball of the Mandarine Panties (see other diary in sig) showing how the roots achieved what I had hoped.

large.5be2e442-4c71-4b8b-9e86-bcc1dca1397b.jpg

I'll continue to cut the bottoms out of my pots but I believe the biggest difference this year was mounding earth around the pots to limit the moisture loss, I know this kinda goes against the principle of using fabric pots but it definitely made a difference, so I'll also be continuing to use this method in the future.

Until next year...:hippy:

• Like 5