Bottomless Pots; an experiment.

Pepe Ramon

I've used the smaller bio tabs indoors a couple of times, can't say they worked any better than just dry powdered ferts, not really any more convenient either, it's not like throwing a handful of something in some soil is any different to throwing a lump of something into some soil.

IMO they're a gimmick aimed at new growers, trying to solve a problem that isn't there. 

They do work though, so if you like the look of them give them a go. 

• Like 4

I don't believe for a second that those tabs will be sufficient for a full season outdoor:nea:

You'll most likely end up needing to supplement with something else (organic ferts?)...

And just to point out, your math is a little off there... 30 US gallon pots are over 100L, 2 tabs per 5L... That's 40 tabs a pot mate lol

So, assuming you've already purchased the tabs, go ahead and purchase some organic ferts. You could even run a side by side; one pot tabs, one pot organic ferts, one pot both.

We've all tried out all sorts of weird and wonderful (and expensive!) products that have been marketed well. But...

At the end of the day, organic ferts all the way..

KISS!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I know what they are dude, I was asking if anyone used them and I'm fully aware of what they cost. They aren't expensive, I would only need 30€ worth for seven plants, that sounds like value for money to me. Actually looking at the amount of money some folks spend of ferts, I'd say it's an absolute bargain.

i used similar tabs years ago...got them as freebee from a growshop in an exibition...

for 30 euro i get atleast 50 kilogram dried chicken manure.... 

say... my teacups are 120 gram....thats 416 teacups.... so for 4160 liter of soil.

so for 30 liter pots thats 138 pots of 30 liter.

or plantholes 40cmx40cmx40cm = 64 liter ....thats 4160/64 = 65 plantholes

well...thats the number  against your 7 plants.........

anyone can decide whats a bargain....

you know....the myth is thats canabis is special ( made by commerce ).....thats where manny go wrong.....its just an ordinairy weed :) 

but manny seem to think thats if you trow money at a plant.......you get succes....

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

Money buys better quality and we could say you only need chicken shit for veg and sop for bloom

But then adding more is better I.e bone meal seaweed molasses root more ect.

It's only throwing it away if you don't know exactly how to use it and when.

But we all gotta learn along the way . 

Edited by B-real

20 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Well your wrong they are expensive your £30 gets you 200g of fishmeal, seaweed and feather meal. Go and look at the prices of those. You could get sacks of the stuff for that amount. 

lol Trying to order me about on the internet, I'm not going anywhere to look at anything dude, get a grip lol 

If you want to fuck around mixing up all that crap that's fine dude, but I ain't going to bother.

As I've already stated, I'll happily pay 30€ to feed all my plants for an entire season, I've paid more than that for a single bottle of feed in the past.

Just to put it into perspective, 30€ of feed for 7 plants, each plant has the potential to yield at least 500g, possibly more, so that'll be around 3500g or 3.5 kg, I can cope with that expense, it's pretty much the only one I have after all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

I don't believe for a second that those tabs will be sufficient for a full season outdoor:nea:

You'll most likely end up needing to supplement with something else (organic ferts?)...

And just to point out, your math is a little off there... 30 US gallon pots are over 100L, 2 tabs per 5L... That's 40 tabs a pot mate lol

So, assuming you've already purchased the tabs, go ahead and purchase some organic ferts. You could even run a side by side; one pot tabs, one pot organic ferts, one pot both.

We've all tried out all sorts of weird and wonderful (and expensive!) products that have been marketed well. But...

At the end of the day, organic ferts all the way..

KISS!

My maths are fine dude  :hippy:

Guerrilla Tabs are slow-release organic fertiliser tablets, that condition the soil through microbiological activity while fertilising the plant.

• 10 Gram Soil Conditioning Tablets 15-7-8
  • For container or grounded plants.
  • Use 4 Tabs per 10-litre container, 6 Tabs per 20-litre container, 8 Tabs per 30-litre container
  • In-ground plants: use 4 tabs per plant.
  • Push the tabs 5 cm deep below the soil surface and water.

Use 2 Guerrilla Tabs for each 5 litres of potting soil.
In the ground, use 4 GuerrillaTabs per plant.
Control Union Certified 100% Organic Ingredients

lol Why would I want to spend more money doing side by side nonsense? lol 

This product seems perfect for me, designed for guerilla growing and negating the need to bring in feeds and compost to your chosen site. If you want to fuck around mixing a million different ingredients together and experiment with ratios then that's entirely up to you, but I'll take the easy road thank you very much. 

9 hours ago, DutchFox said:

i used similar tabs years ago...got them as freebee from a growshop in an exibition...

for 30 euro i get atleast 50 kilogram dried chicken manure.... 

say... my teacups are 120 gram....thats 416 teacups.... so for 4160 liter of soil.

so for 30 liter pots thats 138 pots of 30 liter.

or plantholes 40cmx40cmx40cm = 64 liter ....thats 4160/64 = 65 plantholes

well...thats the number  against your 7 plants.........

anyone can decide whats a bargain....

you know....the myth is thats canabis is special ( made by commerce ).....thats where manny go wrong.....its just an ordinairy weed :) 

but manny seem to think thats if you trow money at a plant.......you get succes....

Spending 30€ isn't what I would call throwing money at my plants kid lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

lol Trying to order me about on the internet, I'm not going anywhere to look at anything dude, get a grip lol 

If you want to fuck around mixing up all that crap that's fine dude, but I ain't going to bother.

As I've already stated, I'll happily pay 30€ to feed all my plants for an entire season, I've paid more than that for a single bottle of feed in the past.

Just to put it into perspective, 30€ of feed for 7 plants, each plant has the potential to yield at least 500g, possibly more, so that'll be around 3500g or 3.5 kg, I can cope with that expense, it's pretty much the only one I have after all.

3.5kg yield from 210 gallons of soil with just 200g of organic amendments? Wow that’s amazing! 

Edited by Hole in the clouds
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

My maths are fine dude  :hippy:

Guerrilla Tabs are slow-release organic fertiliser tablets, that condition the soil through microbiological activity while fertilising the plant.

• 10 Gram Soil Conditioning Tablets 15-7-8
  • For container or grounded plants.
  • Use 4 Tabs per 10-litre container, 6 Tabs per 20-litre container, 8 Tabs per 30-litre container
  • In-ground plants: use 4 tabs per plant.
  • Push the tabs 5 cm deep below the soil surface and water.

Use 2 Guerrilla Tabs for each 5 litres of potting soil.
In the ground, use 4 GuerrillaTabs per plant.
Control Union Certified 100% Organic Ingredients

lol Why would I want to spend more money doing side by side nonsense? lol 

This product seems perfect for me, designed for guerilla growing and negating the need to bring in feeds and compost to your chosen site. If you want to fuck around mixing a million different ingredients together and experiment with ratios then that's entirely up to you, but I'll take the easy road thank you very much. 

Those tabs are basically fish blood and bone with mycorrhizal fungi. Can look up the ingredients yourself 

Waste of money and just a gimmick to get people to buy them 

They might be easy to transport but I’d rather buy the ingredients in bulk and transport them to my plots. Like I do anyway

25kg bag of Fish Blood and bone - £28

20kg chicken manure pellets - £20

25kg Bone meal - £30

2.5kg mycorrhizal fungi - £30

All that will last about 20+ years for 7 plants a year.

Each to their own though 

• Like 2

1 year one may want to change it up abit and have a different end product compared to the basic dry ferts already stated as the optimum used on the yearly regular.

I gone for Q4 instead of regular chicken pellets .

4 hours ago, blerie420 said:

Will say, I've a mate who swears by those tabs, and in fairness his outdoor grown is the bollocks

True enough if the bet works out, because it's all a gamble and weather dictates success or near failure too, because you should pull a few oz's even if the effort wasn't worth the few oz's! On a year like 2012, well a lot of western Europe would be best off growing indoors. We were watering plants in April, an unusual hot spell, there was no need to water thereafter. No crops were harvested as no machine could drive or work through flooded fields.

I sometimes think of the  really untouched, never walked places that I dragged pots, but could have found a big ditch to do similar or maybe good ground that's wild, if it could be found . Just mad tasks and hard work that I could have made easier or avoided, like barrowing fly tipped compost up a forestry trail and then lugging compost bags, pots and plants through dense growth, over drains ,through dangerous bogs where hooves work better than feet. 

Bottomless , or pots that have just rooted themselves into the ground are great. Handy for a wet, boggy place where the aeration in the roots above ground is just right . There might be no porosity below, and in a heatwave it'll dry like a biscuit, so there'll be a little moisture in the ground to keep plants ticking over.Although, I've used more fabric sacks maybe than pots in wild areas. 

• Like 7

People used them bio tabs in the 420l comp last year if I got the right things but also got another 4 tubs of stuff to use with all the same brands all organic so if the company who produces this stuff is giving us the full line to use I would assume you need them all ask the lads who did them

• Like 1