Bottomless Pots; an experiment.

Pepe Ramon

20 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

3.5kg yield from 210 gallons of soil with just 200g of organic amendments? Wow that’s amazing! 

Where do you get 210 gallons from? 

I'm only putting 3 or maybe 4 into the bottomless pots, the other 3 are going in my no-till bed, which is 5m x 1M and is now about 18 inches deep after 2 years of adding stuff to it. 

My last 2 diaries are on here somewhere, you're welcome to go have a look if you want to, but I'm pretty confident that I'll get a minimum 500g from each plant, but no doubt some will yield more. There'll be a diary for this grow as well, which you are quite welcome to follow along.

Just for the record, unsolicited advice, is always the worse kind of advice.   :hippy:

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Where do you get 210 gallons from? 

I'm only putting 3 or maybe 4 into the bottomless pots, the other 3 are going in my no-till bed, which is 5m x 1M and is now about 18 inches deep after 2 years of adding stuff to it. 

My last 2 diaries are on here somewhere, you're welcome to go have a look if you want to, but I'm pretty confident that I'll get a minimum 500g from each plant, but no doubt some will yield more. There'll be a diary for this grow as well, which you are quite welcome to follow along.

Just for the record, unsolicited advice, is always the worse kind of advice.   :hippy:

Hadn’t read the start of thread so was thinking 7x 30 gallon pots. You were saying feed 7 plants with 30 euros of tablets. Which is two packs of ten.  4 tablets per plant for 6 plants and 3 for the 7th plant. Two packs = 200g of organic amendments which would be a drop in the ocean in those pots and even more pointless in a 5m bed surely. If you’ve done that composting to save money on soil amendments as you say why would you then waste money on something which would have such a small effect? it’s very confusing. 
Anyway all the best. Your in a beautiful part of the world always wondered how much weed was growing in those mountains.

:yinyang:

21 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Hadn’t read the start of thread so was thinking 7x 30 gallon pots. You were saying feed 7 plants with 30 euros of tablets. Which is two packs of ten.  4 tablets per plant for 6 plants and 3 for the 7th plant. Two packs = 200g of organic amendments which would be a drop in the ocean in those pots and even more pointless in a 5m bed surely. If you’ve done that composting to save money on soil amendments as you say why would you then waste money on something which would have such a small effect? it’s very confusing. 
Anyway all the best. Your in a beautiful part of the world always wondered how much weed was growing in those mountains.

I'm so sorry if you get easily confused.

Guerrilla Tabs are sold in packs of 20 or 200, so I believe that 2 boxes of 20 is 40 tabs and as I'm growing 7 plants, I'll need 28 so I think that leaves me 12 spare.

As for the rest, it's my choice, it's as simple as that. If you don't like it, that's your problem not mine. Come back in October...

• Like 1

Guys .. we all grow in differing enviros !    we use differing soils, in differing micro climates  , differing methodologies lol     

Simply what works for one wont work for another :yep:     If your happy crack on , if not try differing methods :yep:       

I use a hay medium and almost no other inputs .... each to their own but trialling new / alternative methods / products is what makes your skills improve ,  have fun.   

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I'm so sorry if you get easily confused.

Guerrilla Tabs are sold in packs of 20 or 200, so I believe that 2 boxes of 20 is 40 tabs and as I'm growing 7 plants, I'll need 28 so I think that leaves me 12 spare.

As for the rest, it's my choice, it's as simple as that. If you don't like it, that's your problem not mine. Come back in October...

Ah right the original bio tabs come in packs of ten. 
Still what I was saying holds true. Will such a small amount (40x10g= 400g) in that quantity of soil make any difference?? If you’re already getting those results why bother spending so much on so little?

€30 on 400g =7.5cents a gram

20kg= 7.5cents x 20000= €1500

20kg sack would be €1500!! 

But he's not buying a 20Kg sack lol

Edit: It would last him 50 years though. 

:wassnnme:

Atb 

Edited by Shumroom
Eta and wrong number
  • Like 1

Just now, Shumroom said:

But he's not buying a 20Kg sack lol

Edit: It would last him 50 years though. 

:wassnnme:

Atb 

What a mark up though wish I’d thought of it lol 

22 hours ago, OldFord said:

Guys .. we all grow in differing enviros !    we use differing soils, in differing micro climates  , differing methodologies lol     

Simply what works for one wont work for another :yep:     If your happy crack on , if not try differing methods :yep:       

I use a hay medium and almost no other inputs .... each to their own but trialling new / alternative methods / products is what makes your skills improve ,  have fun.   

It's fine dude, I've just put him/her/they/them on ignore.  :hippy:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

large.IMG_5521.jpg

The Beldia Kif from Ace Seeds has sprouted and I'll be tracking its progress here. I have Seedstockers plants in the 3 other bottomless pots and they have their own diary, link in sig.

This was taken yesterday, Friday, I was also there on Wednesday but there was no sign, but as you can see she is already showing the first set of true leaves. These are supposed to be semi-auto so I'm hoping for an August harvest for this one. I'm growing it to make decarbed capsules for the wife as it's quite low in THC and CBD.

This is the blurb form the ace seeds website...

...Traditional hash plant from the Rif area near to Ketama and Chefchaouen, famous for producing kif (the traditional blend of cannabis flowers with tobacco) and the famous Moroccan blond hash.

This pure Moroccan strain is one of the fastest psychoactive sativa landraces on the planet, due to its semi autoflowering traits and its very short flowering time. Traditionally, this strain is sown at the beginning of spring, starting to bloom in June, and being harvested as early as August, when it begins to be processed and beaten by hand to produce the traditional Moroccan hashish, which varies in quality depending on the size of the sieve and the amount of time the flowers are beaten.

Moroccan plants are small/medium sized. They start with fairly wide leaves, but when they reach their sexual maturity and flowering they develop as a pure sativa with foxtail floral structures, quickly accumulating to form good sized buds. There are 2 main phenotypes according to their structure. The most common phenotype grows very columnar and tall, with the second phenotype being smaller, shorter and more branched.

This variety is grown at a very high plant density in its native land, with very little fertilizer and water, which means it has developed excellent resistance against heat and drought, performing perfectly with little care and low levels of nutrients, which makes it an ideal strain for outdoor guerrilla growing in hot and dry climates.

Morocco is the largest hashish producer in the world, with its renowned hashish being the most exported, especially to Europe. Unfortunately, since the beginning of the 21st century, a massive introduction of foreign indoor genetics from Europe and North America has taken place in Morocco, in order to increase the hashish production and potency.

While this has been achieved on certain farms where these foreign genetics are cultivated with more care, the genetic contamination has also meant that Moroccan hashish has gradually lost its characteristic psychoactivity and distinctive 'golden' and mellow terpenes, which made Moroccan hashish a world reference in the cannabis scene of the 20th century.

Certain Moroccan growers have now realized that these new foreign genetics require much more care, water and fertilizers, are harvested much later than traditional Moroccan strains, and do not have the same resistance against heat and outdoor pests. The old Moroccan strains are still the most suitable for growing in large remote plots with poor irrigation resources that cannot be tended with as much care.

For this reason, a group of old school Moroccan growers have offered us ancient heirloom Moroccan seeds for their reproduction and preservation, before the unstoppable genetic contamination completely wipes out the old Moroccan strains in their original state.

As a result of this preservation work, ace seeds offers you this mythical hash plant in its purest original form.  :hippy:

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 8

Sounds like a lovely strain to have in the fridge, bet it will finish well in you climate, it's not miles away from ketema as far as weather etc goes. Might have to grab a pack... 

...for preservation purposes of course:wassnnme:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Talk about horses for courses, the Beldia Kif is by far the biggest of my plants, I nipped out the growing stem a couple of days ago and she seems to be responding well. The pots are working well and it's (almost) definitely the method I'll be using in the future, just a little fine tuning is needed. 

large.IMG_5759.jpg

I lost a Triton Biscotto Lime so I decided to replace it with a Malawi (fem) from Ace Seeds. I planted her out last Sunday and she looks quite happy, I was a little worried about the compost being too hot but it seems ok. 

large.IMG_5755.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just a quick update.

As you can see form the first image the Beldia Kif really likes where she lives!

Beldia Kif

large.IMG_5801.jpg

I decided to give it a second pinching it.

large.IMG_5811.jpg

The Malawi seems to be doing ok as well, if a little on the yellow side.

Malawi

large.IMG_5804.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a lot of rain over the last 10 days or so and the girls are loving it.

Malawi

large.IMG_5868.jpg

Beldia Kif

large.IMG_5871.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The Beldia Kif has started flowering, I knew it was semi-auto but as I've not grown one before I wasn't sure when it would start to flower, now I know.

large.IMG_5966.jpg

There were no flowers showing on my previous visit, so it was a nice surprise to see these yesterday. Hopefully she'll be finished before the cunterpillars arrive.

large.IMG_5969.jpg

This is the Malawi, she's taking her time, but she's getting there.

large.IMG_5963.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

A quick update, I've decided to train the Malwai, I had already pinched out the main growing stem, now I've also used tent pegs to pin her down to allow more growth from the side shoots, she seems to be responding quite well. She hasn't been fed yet as I believe they don't like too much N but I'm not entirely sure so I'm keeping an eye on her but she seems happy.

Malawi

large.IMG_6187.jpg

The Beldia Kif is in full flower mode, I've tried to give her a 1ml per litre of Fish-Mix but it burnt the tips so she is only getting water, she seems happy enough. She's much tougher than all my other plants and needs much less water. She has a beautiful fragrance, a bit like sandalwood and vanilla with a bit of spice thrown in, nothing like the modern varieties I'm growing, it's lush.

large.IMG_6184.jpg

• Like 5