Decent soil recommendations!

reds

Try to see it as a cost per plant/grow and you'll see it's cheap. Try the basic flower nutes 1st then next round add the kboost. They do a veg pebble food but you could just fishmix your way through until flowering. Read the thread a few times and you'll see it's the future. 

Well i am well happy with my cheap mix so far potted up today both my girls had lovely white healthy roots they only been in the pots just over a week and although not totally filled their pots were looking good below ground.

Roots.

large.P1010908.JPGlarge.P1010909.JPG

The compo they were in was a 50/50 mix of humax original its 100% peat with added silver sand and a vitax q4 premium compost light and fluffy when mixed together its perfect for seedlings and young plants.

They have gone into the same mix with a few extras as finals.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Try to see it as a cost per plant/grow and you'll see it's cheap. Try the basic flower nutes 1st then next round add the kboost. They do a veg pebble food but you could just fishmix your way through until flowering. Read the thread a few times and you'll see it's the future. 

@Slippery One. Nice one. What are you using at the moment from their line? And in which medium. Apologises if you've already said all that but seriously, I have read so much info recently that I've lost track! Thanks again tho for ur help, being my first grow in years I dont want to fuck it up. I did have a simple PM Oldtimers run in mind but I am  informed that with the change of ownership, their products have been messed about with and now are utter shite. Which is such a shame coz before hand they were smashing it. Anyways, thank you.

Come on reds man, if you go on the previous page you’ve even quoted one of Slippys posts mentioning coco a couple of times lol 

Personally I’d stick to your original plan, if you were happy with the results you had in the past with mud and old time, get yourself a bag of soil and a couple bottles of Intense Organix, as they are the closest your going to get to what you know, get the  first run under your belt and then decide whether you want to go trying new ways of growing

17 hours ago, reds said:
21 hours ago, Slippy One said:

@Slippery One.

lol … shouldn’t be funny but it is … Slippery lol 

18 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

Come on reds man, if you go on the previous page you’ve even quoted one of Slippys posts mentioning coco a couple of times lol 

I meant the brand of coco, and if he was mixing anything in it. Or just straight coco. I mean, the fact that I've been telling him about the largest harvest I've pulled being from a 'coco' auto feed with GA nutes would suggest that I had grasped the fact that he was using coco. I was interested whether he added perlite or anything like that. Which personally I think is just a senseless task. All it's doing is taking up room that roots would use. Dia earth I can see a reason for, and with the new coco granules that seemed to have hit the market recently, some would argue for clay pebbles as they would act like a house or hotel for the mycorr/fungi etc to conolise. And seeing that Beanstalk aren't organic, a microherd would be pointless. The chemical salts and lack of any real food source to speak of would not make it an enjoyable experience for them. All I'm trying to do is get up to speed with the latest trends and new styles of growing. I do have 1or 2 grows under my belt, being that the first was in 2007. But a lot has changed in the 5 years I haven't grown. Namely,PM going down the swany, LEDs finally becoming a light source you can work with and saddest of all, most of the decent folk that used to use this site are no longer here. 

Edited by reds

I use coco coir bricks or vitalink buffered with calmag dissolved in a gallon or so of water.

When drained I add Dr Forest organic dry nutes and myco.

Then I top dress every 2-4 weeks and add Dr Forest bloom 2 weeks before flipping to 12/12.

2oz from 1 plant was My last dry harvest weight after curing.

Seems to work for Me.

@reds

I use PM soil Supreme and I like it, very fluffy and airy, I'm using biobizz nutes though, so have the inevitable deficiencies pop up. I think I'll keep the soil but change nutes when I need to order next.

• Like 1

I use Dr Organics living soil. You just buy a 50L bag for around £45 and top dress with his 2-8-10 bloom week 3 and week 5 of flower. Other than that it’s just straight tap water. You can reuse the soil by amending with his 4-3-4 after you’re done. Brilliant stuff IMO. I’m thinking of running it in a Sub Irrigated Planter next. If anyone has any experience with SIPs let me know. I need to know how often you need to top the water up at the plants peak rate of water uptake

• Like 2

@darksecrets999

That sounds good. Do you know if it can be used in small pots? That seems to be a limiting factor for a lot of these living soil types. For me at least, I pretty much micro grow.

Edited by silvester growdrobe

2 hours ago, silvester growdrobe said:

@darksecrets999

That sounds good. Do you know if it can be used in small pots? That seems to be a limiting factor for a lot of these living soil types. For me at least, I pretty much micro grow.

He mentions on his website that a 15L pot will provide enough nutrients for a plant from clone for 2-3 weeks. So if you’re running in a 15L pot I’d recommend flicking into 12/12 1.5 weeks after transplant. And then top dress week 3 and 5 of flower

• Like 1

I tend to use 5l pots lol

It's a me problem. I guess this is what'll eventually lead to me having to size up lol