Decent soil recommendations!

reds

Good evening, 

Could someone point me in the direction of a decent soil that I can use to grow my girls out please. I've not been growing for a good while so am not up to date with quality soils and where to get them. 

Many thanks, 

Reds. 

P.S. I will be using organic nutes with a microherd, although haven't decided which brand to go with. Probably Plant Magic as I've always had great results when using them. But recommendations/advice on other brands would be appreciated.  Especially regarding a good bacteria/fungi product similar to PM Gramules. If it's better and cheaper than PM Granules, tgan I'm up for trying something new. It'll have to be good to better the Granules and PM Root Stim combo, as together they work really well. If it's the same as it used to be, that is. 

Cheers guys.

Clover is a good compost ,give it a go:yinyang:

Perhaps not as just read its got nuitrents added, hope someone with better knowlage can help you ,atb

Edited by Personunknown
add text
  • Like 2

Has anyone using batmix found that  they experience more issues compared to say using  bio bizz with leaves displaying all kind of unhappy symptoms.  Or is it just me 

I tried some bat mix before, I think it was Playgron, it looked exactly the same as the Canna Professional (not plus) that I usually use. Plants were fine in it. 

I gave up with garden centre composts a few years back, far to hit and miss for me. Now they're doing mostly peat free which are just shit. 

I've never managed to find clover near me it's always out of stock, I think one of my neighbours must buy it all, he had loads in his garden last year. 

I'm still using westlands with added john innis never have a problem, I do sieve it and mix some rocksalt and some root fungi, 20+ years

Edited by lez
to add how long
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pot of soil said:

Has anyone using batmix found that  they experience more issues compared to say using  bio bizz with leaves displaying all kind of unhappy symptoms.  Or is it just me 

No. The one I use is Tropic Bat Mix from Growell. It's 60/40 Coco Soil Mix. 

10 hours ago, Personunknown said:

Clover is a good compost ,give it a go:yinyang:

Perhaps not as just read its got nuitrents added, hope someone with better knowlage can help you ,atb

The only Clover I've seen online is this Irish Clover stuff which looks to want to be an amendment rather than a multi purpose compost. Is that the one? I read a post here about Clover. Where do they sell it? I had some coco and worm castings which I mixed with some bacteria and potted some seeds in them. Watered in slightly with old PM oldtimers bloom as that and PM Biosillicon is all I have here at the moment.  Need things badly, and quickly.

Cheers Guys 

• Like 1

google cloverpeat.co.uk clover multipurpose compost ,its what i did this morning after posting and how i found the nuitrents are added, they do a range of different compo's Atb

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

No. The one I use is Tropic Bat Mix from Growell. It's 60/40 Coco Soil Mix. 

Yeah thats the one ive been using.  Its more then likely me so I just thought id ask to see if anyone else said the same so far looks like not.

After using both Clover MP (multiple grows) and BioBizz light/All (last couple grows) I honestly want to stick with Biobizz from now on.

I found with Clover that I had to keep adding fishmix before potting up because the soils nutes would run out before the time came to pot up. Might just be a me problem lol

Ecothrive's Eco-Life soil is good.  I like it, just completed a grow with it, though I also used Biobizz nutrients all the way through, just not at full strength.  You probably don't need any nutrients with it technically.

I used the same soil for an auto grow before, just recycled it, added a little All-Mix and a dose of Ecothrive's Charge and Biosys which build up and feed the biome and bang-zoom-kerwhiffy!  Off we went.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

I've found the Clover MP now. It comes I 60L bags @£12.99 with free p&p which I thought was alright but for roughly the same price I could get some canna specific soil. I've used Plagron Light, PM Soil Supreme(that I thought was my far the best out of them all.) Just so light and airy with a decent amount of starter feed to get them going. Was used with their organic nute range which I'm sure helps. Canna Coco, which was just shocking the speed and size of growth even if you have to put more effort and use more tools. The only cheap soil I've used was Verve multi purpose, from a garden centre. Which when I bought 5 bags and afew of Maxicrops liquid seaweed extract I  bottles, he winked at me and said 'This soil isn't bad at all you know, just keep your eyes open for fungus gnats. They can be in the odd bag or two.' 

So after being taken a back a little, as I wasn't expecting that type of advice from your  normal every day  check out dude! I try and style it out by saying, 'Oh ok, I'll be sure to let my nan know that. Thanks.' 

He then says 'Well, tell your 'Nan' to get some Nilnat or it's sometimes Tanlin. Just the same word spelt backwards. Why? 

What I'm finding a little strange is the complete lack of any mention of Plant Magic soil or nutrients. Has something happened to their formulas and soil make up. When I was flat out growing, like running 2 240x120cm tents like 4 or 5 years ago, its was all anyone was chatting about. Now, no mention at all. Any reason for this?I thought their organic range of feeds, Root Stim, Granules and the Platinum were the mutts nuts. I was gonna go that route but now I'm not so sure. Would someone care to enlighten a rather confused ex PMagic lover!