Decent soil recommendations!

reds

On 24/12/2022 at 2:57 PM, Larry Badgeley said:

No. The one I use is Tropic Bat Mix from Growell. It's 60/40 Coco Soil Mix. 

@Larry Badgeley  What nutes are u using with that? And you don't need to pH at all then? If using organic nutes, forget that pH question! And do u use bacteria/fungi with it? Cheers bro. 

Edited by reds

18 minutes ago, reds said:

@Larry Badgeley  What nutes are u using with that? And you don't need to pH at all then? If using organic nutes, forget that pH question! And do u use bacteria/fungi with it? Cheers bro. 

If you go to their website there is a PDF download on how to use Tropic Bat Mix

• Like 2

@Larry Badgeley Nice one bruvva. Appreciated. So do u grow organically? And have u ever used the Plant magic range? If so,  how did u get on with them? I've been out the game for a good minute and before leaving, Plant Magic was all what everyone was  chatting about. When did everyone jump ship? Did they start messing with the ingredients and formulas or something. Coz some of the size of the plants I got from using PM were ridiculous. Like I was using chemical feeds or coco. So if they have messed about with their shit, then that's fuckery. I do like coco and Growers Ark were again an amazing range. Such healthy plants, massive yields and their nutes used to bring my pH into bang on range. Anyone used their other shit?  Anyway, I want to get on and start a diary so you will see how not to do stuff and just do the opposite!?! But seriously, after growing for 10 years I had it licked. I'd read so much on most aspects of growing, mainly organics, soil grows and coco. But after 4 years away, I feel like a noob! Right, diary time. Do feel free to point and laugh, as long as good and solid advice follows. Or I won't come out to play anymore. 

Cheers

Reds.

Edited by reds

6 minutes ago, reds said:

Plant Magic was

My understanding is they are under new management and it's not the same formulations.

• Like 1

Just now, thekingofobsolete said:

last going off in da mud...i was running bord na mona organic medium nice stuff tbf. :beer:

here.

https://www.dewaldens.com/products/bord-na-mona-growise-pro-5-all-purpose-compost-50l

Thank you bruvva. Appreciated. I need mud quick time. I'm in the shite then. Coz I used to swear by PM range. Now I'm gonna have to do some proper research.  Or just be a lazy bombaclat and copy what most ppls are rolling with now. But after hearing a few Biobizz users unless they have also changed management and their formulas, I won't be touching that wid a barge poll. Used once and wow, my plants were so unhealthy in bloom. And no, it wasn't me. At the time, I  could grow banging grade with tomotorite. Which I actually did as an experiment. And it beat the Biobizz, hands down. It had a few amendments added, but nothing canna specific. Seaweed extract, and castings, mainly. Might try this Intense Organix range. I want dry shit but it's hard to get this tune of year around me. And internet is a last resort for canna nutes.

Just now, reds said:

Thank you bruvva. Appreciated. I need mud quick time. I'm in the shite then. Coz I used to swear by PM range. Now I'm gonna have to do some proper research.  Or just be a lazy bombaclat and copy what most ppls are rolling with now. But after hearing a few Biobizz users unless they have also changed management and their formulas, I won't be touching that wid a barge poll. Used once and wow, my plants were so unhealthy in bloom. And no, it wasn't me. At the time, I  could grow banging grade with tomotorite. Which I actually did as an experiment. And it beat the Biobizz, hands down. It had a few amendments added, but nothing canna specific. Seaweed extract, and castings, mainly. Might try this Intense Organix range. I want dry shit but it's hard to get this tune of year around me. And internet is a last resort for canna nutes.

as for  nutes / ferts in mud i look no further than tomorite........i used the stuff for decades and it holds it opwn all day against any glossy shiny i want that bottle off stuff shite anyday....+ its got seaweed innit. lol  £4  a litre ive since heard they do an organic version. :beer:

• Like 4

I used to get a lot of deficiencies with Bio Bizz. Quite a few lads on here now use Intense Organix, I used it once last run but can’t give an honest review of it as I had hop latent so was a write off. I will say the grow seemed really good stuff though, kept some plants I had held back in little pots nice and happy for ages. Have a search you’ll find quite a few threads on intense and there’s quite a few diaries to read through as well :yep:

• Like 1

Tropic Mix is indeed greaf stuff, no need to be messing around with or thinking about calmag, just add the usual beneficials and away you go.

The last bag of Bio Bizz I bought was full of all sorts of crap (stones, sticks and chunks of pallet wood) needless to say i had quite a few problems with it. Would definitely avoid, Bio Bizz’s QC is away down the shitter.

• Like 3

Gotta say, you soil heads are brave. I had so many issues with soil indoors (none outdoors). All this Plagron vs Biobizz vs organic bat guano vs John Innes (who the fuck is he? :D )./

You've all see the coco/beanstalk thread right? Tech has come a long way in eliminating school kid errors like overwatering etc.. 

Outdoors, organic filth makes sense but indoors, I'd never even consider compost indoors, even if it was sterile or organic soup no till, the coco/hi-tech food is a total no brainer. 

Good luck with whatever soil you use, hopefully not too many thrip/root aphids/gnats this round. Overwatered? You won't know for 2 weeks when she's already dead. :yep:

Edited by Slippy One
Missing apostrophe
  • Like 2

@Slippy One I've always thought about trying something else, be it coco or hempy buckets but if it works than why change? I find compost really easy. I might have to review my situation when I can't get peat based composts though.

Oh and everyone knows you can't get stoned off hydro weed :wassnnme:

• Like 3

Im going to give hempys a try next having slowly aquired all the gear over the last year or so as hoping to get more oz's then I woild typically do in compost.

Its should ultimatly mean more efficiency (bang for me buck) and less plant numbers.  At the min my plant numbers are right out of controll as ive backed things up twice if not 3 times with some 

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

who the fuck is he?

He was a philanthropist and businessman who funded a plant science research institute , it was at this facility in Norfolk two other blokes came up with the peat, loam and grit soil based media wot carries his name :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 3

I didn't know that, but I don't rate his potting soil, it seems too dense and waterloggy (a real word I just made).

Eco-Life soil has been good to me my last 2 grows @Slippy One I always thought artificial media were more difficult, especially now high quality supersoil is available.

• Like 1