Winter windowsill insanity

Crow River

Just now, brock1 said:

Honestly I don't have better sight I use the zoom on my phone. I am particularly sighted with only 56% vision. Its just something I see a lot of over the years mostly from greenhouse grows were the humidity and temperature changes fast. Its similar to damping off as the old gardener's call it only with a much older plant.

I knew experience played a big part mate. See, i've had damping off before ,  but as you say, with seedlings usually.

Good to know in case I ever come across it myself. 

Lets hope Crow aint dashed her yet and can try bed her in  deeper.

• Like 2

Yeah, pretty much damping off type symptoms. 

I'll certainly give @brock1's suggestion a try. Nothing to lose! :) 

E2A:- I've potted her up into a larger container, buried deep so the stem rot area is covered completely. I think it went past the cotyledon node, we'll see what happens...

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

No sign of recovery from the poor wee SOS, so today I put her out of her misery. Chopped and set aside to dry. She'll be included in my next batch of edibles.

I will be testing some more of Sawney Bean's autos outdoors this season, so we'll see how they fare in the great weather we get in these islands! :D Will be popping outdoor auto seeds this week coming. 

• Like 1

The Critical Kush Auto clone is nearly ready to chop. Leaves are turning purple and looking increasingly decrepit. Pistils are turning ginger, calyxes swelling. I'm letting her ripen a bit longer, as I'm hoping for seeds from the lower buds. Maybe another week, possibly two to go.

She's much smaller than her mum, partly because she is in a smaller pot. Still, should get a nice couple of upper buds, plus with any luck some seeds.

large.IMG_20230421_145710.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145724.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145735.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145746.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145801.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145845.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145900.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145905.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145919.jpeg

• Like 1

Took the harvested Critical Kush Auto (big mum) out of the drying box to trim buds from stems. Not a bad haul: two jars of larger and medium sized buds, one big jar (2 litres) of smaller and popcorn buds. All the buds had very ginger pistils, easier to see now the sugar leaves have dried and shrunk. Reminds me of the colour of the coat of the fox I saw at dusk the other day. A fox' coat, at dusk. That's the colour.

I broke my habit of not trying any until after a proper cure. Took a couple of medium sized buds to grind and test in the vape. Glad I did, as they seem to not be quite dry inside yet. Will take them back out the jars and into paper bags for a few days.

The bud has a sharp lemon zest flavour, with a pinch of menthol and some skunkiness sprinkled over the top. Nice. Can't comment on potency, it's not properly cured yet and I was already stoned on edibles. lol But it's a pleasant vape. I will reserve full judgement until a full cure is completed. Although I will continue to test out the contents of the grinder which will have dried a bit more now.

• Like 1
On 21/04/2023 at 3:32 PM, Crow River said:

The Critical Kush Auto clone is nearly ready to chop. Leaves are turning purple and looking increasingly decrepit. Pistils are turning ginger, calyxes swelling. I'm letting her ripen a bit longer, as I'm hoping for seeds from the lower buds. Maybe another week, possibly two to go.

She's much smaller than her mum, partly because she is in a smaller pot. Still, should get a nice couple of upper buds, plus with any luck some seeds.

large.IMG_20230421_145710.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145724.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145735.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145746.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145801.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145845.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145900.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145905.jpeglarge.IMG_20230421_145919.jpeg

Not too bad considering, gotten quite alot of frost on it.

Edited by Hey-yo
  • Like 2

Took a closer look at the Critical Kush Auto clone, thinking she was finishing up. Lots of purple leaves, several dying off. Lower buds mostly ginger and crispy, but uppers and some lowers still pushing out loads of white pistils. So I'll wait a while longer, no rush to chop. Nice whiff coming off the buds when she's moved, very potent. 

Otherwise, the window area is wall-to-wall clones and three mums. Actually one of the bigger TBL clones is turning into an unofficial mum too, so make that four. 

• Like 1

I was ready to chop the wee Critical Kush Auto clone tonight, but she's still throwing out white pistils, so I'll give her another day or two. Removed a few dead leaves, the rest are all purple and on borrowed time. She gets to cook a little longer before the end... :) 

Edited by Crow River

The wee Critical Kush Auto was chopped a few minutes ago. A few lower buds were still putting out white pistils, but most of the other buds had gone brown and crispy. A real stink coming off her! Beautiful purple leaves everywhere too.

Just chopped the whole plant at the base, trimmed fan leaves off and hung her to dry. 

That final harvest marks the end of the winter windowsill experiment. The window is now a veg space for mothers and their clones, no flowering going on.

Thanks for reading.

large.IMG_20230507_002707.jpeglarge.IMG_20230507_002717.jpeglarge.IMG_20230507_002724.jpeglarge.IMG_20230507_002735.jpeglarge.IMG_20230507_002943.jpeglarge.IMG_20230507_002959.jpeg

• Like 2