I’m ready to pull my hair out

Wallo

53 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

Apparently not, saw someone mention a month and not finished on here recently.

Got any pictures pre harvest?

All I can think of is they're still damp inside mate.

A slow dry is all well and good but at your stated temps you'll be waiting till the summer to smoke em lol.

I jest but I am taking it seriously it's a lot of moneys worth of dope to not be happy with.

Just dry it thoroughly and you may be OK.

You need to get em dry right through now so get the heat up.

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 2

don’t concentrate on the minor/macro details ‘to much’ people have been growing and drying weed for thousands of years  without cannabis grow books etc

gentle heat from a small tube heater or two, below or near hanging plants, i aim for 18-21c (but people dry weed nicely in much hotter countries!)

a small fan on low to agitate air and moisture in the space (mimicking a breeze outside) and (non directly) around plants for the first few days, then I switch the fan off for a couple of days (watching, feeling buds etc) then back on again.

(in my humble opinion the oscillating fan is one of the biggest factors in smell-less, dry on the out, wet on the in weed) 

and extractor kept on to remove damp air and bring in fresh is essential, don’t go too low with that because you want that away from your plants/space so turn yours up a bit

have you checked the humidity/temp of the air coming in from basement? 

good luck man i know how disappointing a hay finish can be, 

i live in a very very humid space and area

so in general, turn your heat up a bit (18c lowest) and extractor up a bit more than a bit and see what transpires 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@Wallo

I struggled to dry my last crop as the humidity was too high. After 14 days I thought all was dry but it wasn't. Brown paper bagged it, back into jars, still not dry, did the same again for a week, still not dry. In the end I got a large cardboard box, put a small tube heater in there, buds in the bags, 2 days later perfect. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, twigs said:

more heat ? 18c lowest 

13 hours ago, The laziest habits said:

55F ?

So about 13C in real money. That’s nowhere near enough.

I dry at around 14°c in my wine cooler no issues whatsoever. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I dry at around 14°c in my wine cooler no issues whatsoever. 

quite an easy small space to control though isn’t it I imagine

its like growing one plant in a small space is easy compared to growing 100 plants in a big space which would be harder

not everyone has the same ambient conditions locally up and down the country so it’s different for everyone

What was the stench level at when you chopped them ?

The 'best dry and cure'  ain't gonna make a silk purse out of a sows ear............ime.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, twigs said:

quite an easy small space to control though isn’t it I imagine

Doesn't matter what size the space is or where you are in the world, 14°c is 14°c. 

It would definitely slow things down compared to 18°c but that's not a bad thing in my book. 

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Doesn't matter what size the space is or where you are in the world, 14°c is 14°c. 

..... to a point. It's the humidity which is the problem. For example, if you get a dry bud and leave it, say in a bowl. If the room it's in is very humid then the bud will absorb moisture and become damp. On the other hand if the room has low humidity the bud will remain dry or even go crispy. Another good example was when we were in the Tropics, 28c and high humidity it was (nearly) impossible to skin up. Papers were damp, bud was damp. 28c in Spain with low humidity everything goes dry. Tobacco is a good example. Leave that open and it goes very dry. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

to a point. It's the humidity which is the problem

Very true, but humidity & temperature are intrinsically linked, as colder air holds more moisture. For our climate here, increasing temps usually brings RH to a better point.

1 hour ago, Mr mcgregor said:

What was the stench level at when you chopped them ?

The 'best dry and cure'  ain't gonna make a silk purse out of a sows ear............ime.

^^ quite an important question here, @Wallo how did they stank prior to chop?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

but if it’s not 14c outside the box and you have to heat up the air/bud inside, your changing humidity levels too and if your not sucking more air out to compensate you’ll get mold/hay 

think of condensation on windows in a house dude it happens because it’s cold outside and warm inside, if you don’t have good enough air exchange or humidifier drawing moister from the air, it will be damp

composting bio waste creates heat and moisture/mold because it’s creating heat, in a confined space, you then need to extract that moister quick enough

dudes potentially got hay because the moister and heat levels are out

• Like 1

you might have to reconsider the way you dry yer plants ..hanging the whole plant works well in summertime ..the extra moisture in the stems slows the drying down and allows sugars to drain down into the buds ..come winter and the rh is off the charts you want to get the buds off the stems asap after harvest ..there will be enough moisture in the bud and surrounding air to slow dry them ..leave em on the stems and its like adding a bucket a water to the buds ...

summer on the stem ..winter off ..seehow that works out for you .

• Like 5