Indoor Monsters Pic Thread…

Notorious B.U.D

On 07/03/2023 at 9:33 PM, Notorious B.U.D said:

I think the size of the pot its in gives that away mate :D Must of been a right mission keeping on top of the watering 4 times a day… I see you’ve got it hooked up to a feed line now though so happy days :thumsup:

Lovely work btw I can’t wait to see how she turns out over the next few weeks as she starts to pack on the weight and the buds are swelling up… looks like your in for a nice yield as well 

I really do laugh at it when I look back through the photos. 

What made me think I could get away with a single 3ltr watering a day in late flower when all the signs were there early on to say she was going to be a water guzzling monster. 

Could have re potted her into a 7gal pot and then, maybe then would I get away with a single watering. 

More so, the fact it took me so many weeks in before caving in and setting up the irrigation.... lol

She is definitely bulking up but I know I will have a lot of smaller popcorn. 

Due to the nature of the beast, the size  of the scrog and the fact the Mars Hydro tent only has one side of entry, I never did a secondary trim of the lower bud sites as I normally would for a more uniform yield.

I figured I will turn all the lower fluff into some cobbed Thai sticks. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2023 at 11:32 PM, Military Grade said:

large.20230103_033442.jpg

I'm on my first Fems run at the mo' and I can't wait for it to be over now.
Already snapped two branches! Pissed. Using sticks and pipe cleaners.
I didn't get on with SCROGing the two times I tried it, with Autos. <-- two times! :)

But seeing 1st hand how Fems grow I now understand (I think).
This thread has changed my mine. I'm gonna revisit SCROGing as your grows are damn amazing.

@Military Grade
The Secret Jardin net I bought had plastic hooks, that snapped.
Had to bodge it. It was the correct size but the holes were all wrong. There was a massive gap all round the outside as well - didn't like that.
Like you I'm in a 60x60 and bought a 70x70 net after seeing what you've been trying. Thank for that!

Still waiting for it to arrive.

Whats that fan you have hanging up. I've been staring a bit too long at that! :)

Edited by PHatDriver
  • Like 3

Just saw your other post in here.
I'm still making my way through this thread.
You already have the same Secret Jardin net I had.

Nightmare.

• Like 2

@PHatDriver I was quite surprised when it came to harvest that all my branches were able to stand without the support of the net, I think the silicon help strengthen them.

15 minutes ago, PHatDriver said:

The Secret Jardin net I bought had plastic hooks, that snapped.

I just checked mine after reading your reply and thought are mine plastic(?), Turns out they are also plastic lol , luckly not snapped yet.

17 minutes ago, PHatDriver said:

Like you I'm in a 60x60 and bought a 70x70 net after seeing what you've been trying. Thank for that!

Still waiting for it to arrive.

Yeah i liked the black net better, Sadly the second one i bought they sent me one for like a 90x90 and was way to big, i didn't find out until ages after purchasing, It was fromt he same listing as the first one, just got unlucky

I do need to order a second one still too, with the 70x70 one you can do what i did with the hooks in this thread below to make it fit tighter and pull it into a slightly more filling shape:yep:.

Good luck with your next SCROG grow mate, My first two times i kept finding it hard to in vision the transition from veg to flower when training, Turns out i veg for too long and need to keep tucking early stretch:doh:

35 minutes ago, PHatDriver said:

Whats that fan you have hanging up. I've been staring a bit too long at that! :)

The clip on oscillating one is a AC Infinity Cloudray, The oscillating ones on the floor is a USB one from Amazon and the one above the light is a camping hanging fan amazon. :yep:

Edited by Military Grade
missed a word
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So looks like this beauty won't finish as well as she could do. 

I've been hit with budrot. 

My fault entirely. 

It was a real struggle to keep her happy and healthy. 

She was always on the hungry side, even at 1800ppm, reckon she could have taken 2200ppm.

Also a few times I forgot to turn the timer back on the pump after manually activating it and it dried out a bit more than I would have liked her too, couple that with the fact I do not have nowhere near enough air circulation going on in there, only 1 small 7inch fan in the corner.... lol

So looks like I will be loosing all the tops. 

What a shame. 

I won't be doing that again in a hurry..... lol

large.IMG_20230328_210159_compress83.jpglarge.IMG_20230328_210124_compress53.jpglarge.IMG_20230401_182929_compress27.jpglarge.IMG_20230401_182902_compress97.jpg

• Like 10

@Thai Stick Sorry to hear about the rot mate that is a real bummer :thumbdown:

You did a cracking job on the training with all those fat heads everywhere mate she still looks great in the pics :yep:

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that :( I just found a spec in my tent, so about to go through it from one end to the other. Thinking about just chopping it as I go tbh. I'd still have to check it all for rot though, wouldn't I? 

• Like 3

Thanks @Notorious B.U.D

If I'm going to be very honest with myself, I did a piss poor job on the training side and it shows. 

I should have done a lot more trimming and canopy management from the start but I got too lazy.

Because I didn't trim properly early on, I ended up with a lot of smaller buds and spindly side branches deep inside the canopy. 

This created a really dense canopy. 

Not great for air circulation and light penetration. 

The plant was dropping leaves by itself in towards the end and my only real access to the back half was from the underside. 

Was using chop sticks to get to some of the dry dead leaves from under the canopy and scrog. 

So having all the dead leaf matter inside wouldn't have helped at all. 

Anyway, I'm trying to not see this as a loss, but as a serious learning opportunity.....

So I am also going to use this moldy moment to test out a product that claims to eliminate botrytis, powdery mildew, molds, pathogens and a bunch of other things. 

It's a blend of different Bacillus species. 

Can be used in a variety of ways from soil application, foliar spray and post harvest sprayed directly onto the dry buds. 

Best thing is, you can load it up into a scent diffuser and it micro doses your house or grow space with the stuff giving your plants a constant immunity boost. 

The idea is to use it early on to inoculate everything and you never have the problem. 

Let's see how it works on early bud rot late in flower.... 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Here is my first ever Seed to Tree SCROG grow of UGORG Ghetto Blaster kindly provided for free by @VRG :yep:

large.IMG_2023-5-12-150901.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-5-12-150757.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-5-12-151133.jpeg

Exactly 9 Weeks of Veg & 9 Weeks of Flower in a 30L pot of pure coco fed once a day under a Scopex 900 LED… :smoke:

• Like 14

Wow that looks incredible @Notorious B.U.D seriously impressive stuff. For a first attempt from seed its looking like it should be in a book of records.

How long did it take to fill out the screen? Theres got to be 100+ maybe 100’s of tops there!? 

• Like 3