Auto Flower Advice

Void22nds

On 27/11/2022 at 0:54 PM, Void22nds said:

Hey guys, I was hoping someone can give me some advice on my feeding, Yesterday both my plants needed watering so i got a 5L watering can, Added in my Flora Grow Nutrients using there recommendations for the flower stage in soil (Grow 0.7ml/L Micro 1.4ml/L Bloom 2.1ml/L) and i gave each plant roughly 2.5L

What's the temp of water you usually water with?

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Is there a reason why you are growing autos? 

Atb

:yinyang:

:yep:lol

Questions of the day,I gave up ,learned to hate them with time.

This is a problem for new growers. 

Many seed companies are making out that autos are great for newbies but they're not really. 

Seedbanks love selling autos because they sell at least one seed per plant grown, 

but with photoperiods, 

once you find plants you like, 

you can grow them out multiple times by taking cuttings :D

Autos do have a place, 

generally outside making use of the great big grow light in the sky. 

Plus the quoted flowering times are usually often very different from reality. 

I'd highly recommend that for your next run, 

get some photoperiod seeds. 

Get some decent feminised seeds from one of the Site sponsors, 

Real Gorilla Seeds

Seedstockers etc

Or if you have the little extra time and space, 

get some UK420 Subbies seeds which are mostly but not always Regular seeds, 

which will produce male and female plants which need to be identified before flowering. 

This isn't difficult to do, 

some people will often post a photo to get the assistance from the community in identifying males and females early on. 

Atb 

Ive tried autos for the last year and never really had great growth, so going back to fems after my current ones finish growing - ironically my last addition of a g.glue auto girl looks a cracker.

They all have pros and cons but thats a discussion for another time, lets help sort his grow.:yep:

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Shumroom said:

This is a problem for new growers. 

Many seed companies are making out that autos are great for newbies but they're not really. 

Seedbanks love selling autos because they sell at least one seed per plant grown, 

but with photoperiods, 

once you find plants you like, 

you can grow them out multiple times by taking cuttings :D

Autos do have a place, 

generally outside making use of the great big grow light in the sky. 

Plus the quoted flowering times are usually often very different from reality. 

I'd highly recommend that for your next run, 

get some photoperiod seeds. 

Get some decent feminised seeds from one of the Site sponsors, 

Real Gorilla Seeds

Seedstockers etc

Or if you have the little extra time and space, 

get some UK420 Subbies seeds which are mostly but not always Regular seeds, 

which will produce male and female plants which need to be identified before flowering. 

This isn't difficult to do, 

some people will often post a photo to get the assistance from the community in identifying males and females early on. 

Atb 

It makes complete sense that companies would benefit from promoting autos as being good for beginners. I guess I have fell for that trap... I've done a lot of research on this topic and I haven't come across anyone who has mentioned this before. I'm definitely going to try out photoperiods in my next grow. I was also under the impression that from seed to harvest autos are a lot faster and I would have harvested my plant around the eight week mark. Thank you for the information!

Edited by Void22nds
  • Like 1

autos are faster to finish but only by a week or so and thats if the seed company arent telling porkies about finish time.

obviously people will pick a quicker seed than a slower one, hence why they mis-lead you but that applies to all seed "times" not only autos.

To be fair seed stockers autos (not used others) have always been very close (within a week or 2) to their estimated finish times, others I cant comment on !

One advantage of photos is they can be kept in veg as long as you want - grow it to a size your happy with, then flip lights to 12/12

They also uses less electric as after 4 weeks you go to 12/12 till harvest, where an auto will stay on 20hrs throughout.

Yield is also greater with photos, I wouldnt bother with regs till you get a few fems grows under your belt, fem seeds will always be female plants.

• Like 2

As mad as it sounds, I think soil is more difficult than Coco with autos. 

Having to go by EC and pH kinda eliminates any guess work regarding soil nutes. 

Half strength a+b & some root stim and that's it. Obviously adjust your water to correct calmag and ph if needed.. I'm lucky I don't have to so that's probably the most awkward bit lol

Definitely add 2-3 weeks onto claimed time though in my experience so far 

• Like 1
On 27/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, Void22nds said:

I always check the PH before feeding.

Lately, the soil has been drying extremely quickly.

Have you been adjusting the PH of your feed growing in soil? 

Edited by The Green Manalishi
Can’t multi quote
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2022 at 4:45 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

water report online

Hey :) It's been a little while since I've checked this form, but I wanted to update you on my progress. I've been feeding my plants normally and they seem to be doing well. The Blue Dream is starting to form some dense buds and looks healthy. However, the Dos Si Dos isn't doing as well. I checked my water report online and this is what I found.

Magnesium No legal Limit mg/l 3 4.23 6.26 7.29

Does this look like a magnesium problem ?
large.85B43001-E2AC-44BB-A499-F855028B1B14.jpeglarge.45BFC5A2-BAB0-4A8D-AEBD-3411FE8803C9.jpeg

Healthy Blue Dream

large.46646931-C024-4DB2-B0DF-27EA3DC0B6F7.jpeglarge.F782A963-97FD-4086-91F7-77F4776837A8.jpeg

• Like 1

that shows you have mg in your water but you need to post the calcium figures as well - yur looking for a ratio of approx 3:1 (calcium:magnesium)

your DSD doesnt look to clever - try rotating your photos Im getting neck ache

So you've got a ratio of about 12:1

@Oldbear

Could you please assist this person with the correct amount of mono Magnesium to add for closer to 3:1

Atb 

• Like 1

my Ca:Mg ratio was 10:1 - I add a pinch of espom salts every now and then and it does the trick and is cheap as the chips, not exact but brings it close enough to 3:1 (we are talking a gram or so)

Another method is to put a teaspoon of epsom salts in a litre of water and foliar spray at lights out - dont do it while lights are on as it will burn the leaves