Auto Flower Advice

Void22nds

19 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

excellent news on the growth.

did you get a heat mat or just raise the temps 

I know you didnt want to mess with your girls but needs must - supercrop the leader so they are all the same height.

Thanks mate, I just raised the temps however a heat mat is definitely something i will invest in for my next grow :) I’m guessing super crop means chop the whole leader off ? 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont do that - have a read up on it 

have a look on tubeface or whatever, its where you crush the stem between your fingers and then bend it over - no cutting involved but it is classed as high stress so not ideal for your auto.

Out of interest what power are you on 50%? as your in flower you can start to increase it, plants will stretch more if they want/need more light.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
48 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont do that - have a read up on it 

have a look on tubeface or whatever, its where you crush the stem between your fingers and then bend it over - no cutting involved but it is classed as high stress so not ideal for your auto.

Out of interest what power are you on 50%? as your in flower you can start to increase it, plants will stretch more if they want/need more light.

Oh okay haha, don't worry I haven't chopped it off. Thanks for sending over that video, Apparently its very risky and if done wrong it could ruin my entire plants is it worth the risk ? As of right now my 300w LED is at 25% would you suggest increasing to 50% ?

I thought it was a bit OTT on warnings front, it wont kill or ruin you plant, the worst thing that can happen is snapping it but a bit of tape sorts that out.

s/cropping may/can stress your plant and it could take a few days to bounce back. 

You could increase the light  power to 40/50% but as the plant is right upto it, you will end up burning the tops, supercrop then inc. the lights

do the crush point a couple of inches below the height of the next tallest 

Hey guys, I was hoping someone can give me some advice on my feeding, Yesterday both my plants needed watering so i got a 5L watering can, Added in my Flora Grow Nutrients using there recommendations for the flower stage in soil (Grow 0.7ml/L Micro 1.4ml/L Bloom 2.1ml/L) and i gave each plant roughly 2.5L each, Before hand the  leaves looked healthy however after watering they became yellow and whittle, could this be too much nutrients ? They are now coming up to the 60 day mark and buds are starting to become dense however i don’t think they will yield too much.

large.DC0B3479-6A31-4546-8BC6-753C8D663A1B.jpeglarge.D355F372-9CBC-4EC7-A39E-5B08028A37E9.jpeglarge.A29A7A5B-98E3-422C-86B1-8EF94577D03D.jpeg

do you have a TDS or EC meter to measure your feed solution? if not, get one they are a fiver on fleabay

I dont use your neuts but did you start on 1/4 strength ? then worked your way up to what your giving now

I dont think you need the grow neuts at day 60, usually only give grow the first week of flowering to give them fuel for the flowering stretch.

Personally I would give just plain water for the next few feeds, giving  plenty of run off - flushing any excess out of your soil, then back on bloom feed.

how many weeks does the seed seller recon for these from seed to finish ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

do you have a TDS or EC meter to measure your feed solution? if not, get one they are a fiver on fleabay

I dont use your neuts but did you start on 1/4 strength ? then worked your way up to what your giving now

I dont think you need the grow neuts at day 60, usually only give grow the first week of flowering to give them fuel for the flowering stretch.

Personally I would give just plain water for the next few feeds, giving  plenty of run off - flushing any excess out of your soil, then back on bloom feed.

how many weeks does the seed seller recon for these from seed to finish ?

unfortunately I don't :( I have a PH metre and I always check the PH before feeding.
Yeah I started on 1/4 then worked my way up to half, However I think I got carried away and started feeding them full doses, I Know 1/2 strength was doing the plants really well. I will take on your advice after giving them a few plain feeds and get back on bloom. I am growing Blue Dream from Silver Leaf (8-10 Weeks Flower) & Dos Si Dos from Silver Leaf (8-9 Weeks Flower) I am just going with the flow and trying to learn as much as possible as I go, I am not too sure if these plants are what you would expect from 56 days old.

large.23B784AF-EA31-48C4-8661-D493EAF2593A.jpeglarge.E726FEDE-E230-4544-93DB-C6532239A943.jpeg

Edited by Void22nds

apart from those rust spots they're lookin good.:yep: if they have finished stretching, you can stop the grow feed

after having a look at your latest photos , you might have the start of a calcium deficiency,  others please chime in:jester:

Im not sure, as mine have never suffered from it due to having hard water )

• Like 1
On 28/11/2022 at 11:40 AM, RUFUS HOUND said:

apart from those rust spots they're lookin good.:yep: if they have finished stretching, you can stop the grow feed

after having a look at your latest photos , you might have the start of a calcium deficiency,  others please chime in:jester:

Im not sure, as mine have never suffered from it due to having hard water )

Thank you :) I will do some research on calcium deficiency, Do you think I would have lost a lot of the total yield potential by not training my plants ? They are around 5,8 tall, I super cropped the tallest like you suggested and it all went well.

• Like 1

I just noticed the mention of Calcium deficiency. 

This is one which can send you the wrong way. 

The first thing to check is your environment,

lights on and off temps and RH. 

The reason being is that less than ideal conditions,

can cause the appearance of Calcium deficiency. 

If that all checks out... 

Next thing to do is investigate your water supply. 

Usually water suppliers will have the amount of Calcium shown on their website. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I just noticed the mention of Calcium deficiency. 

This is one which can send you the wrong way. 

The first thing to check is your environment,

lights on and off temps and RH. 

The reason being is that less than ideal conditions,

can cause the appearance of Calcium deficiency. 

If that all checks out... 

Next thing to do is investigate your water supply. 

Usually water suppliers will have the amount of Calcium shown on their website. 

Atb 

Thank you for your input, I’ll investigate :)

• Like 1

I don't think it's Calcium deficiency, 

I'm sure it affects new growth first iirc. 

Remember @void22nds those plants probably still have 5-6 weeks to go yet. 

Stick with half strength feeding for autos, 

unless it's a feeding guide for autos. 

Is there a reason why you are growing autos? 

Atb 

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I don't think it's Calcium deficiency, 

I'm sure it affects new growth first iirc. 

Remember @void22nds those plants probably still have 5-6 weeks to go yet. 

Stick with half strength feeding for autos, 

unless it's a feeding guide for autos. 

Is there a reason why you are growing autos? 

Atb 

Okay will do, Yeah the feeding guide is for growing in soil doesn’t say anything about autos, I wanted to keep my first grow as automated as possible, I guess I seen the switch to flower a “big thing” I was told that they are the easiest and simplest to grow. 

• Like 1