Auto Flower Advice

Void22nds

I am a new member and beginner grower here. This is my first time growing autos, so I am seeking advice on my plants. I am currently growing two strains: blue dream and dos si dos. Both plants are 31 days old. Last week, I started adding flora nuts, grow bloom, and micro all in a trio, and since then the plants have boomed. The tent is running at a temperature of 22 and a humidity of 70-80%. I am using a 300w MaxiBright led light which is dimmed 50% and is 24 inches away from the plants. Lately, the soil has been drying extremely quickly. After watering with 2.5L of water, the soil becomes very dry a day or two later. I am worried about over- or underwatering. Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated, as well as a second opinion on the health of my plants from someone with much more knowledge than I have. Thanks :)

large.Capture.PNGlarge.Capture2-min.PNG

Not sure but if the soil, for whatever reason, has dried out too much the water can tend to drain straight through leaving large patches in the medium untouched. If this is the case (not saying it definitely is), using a surfactant when watering can help reduce the surface tension to disperse the liquid more evenly.

After watering, trying gently prodding around a bit with your finger to see if there are any dry patches anywhere.

https://plantcaretoday.com/wetting-agents.html

Edited by moj
  • Like 3

Maybe a touch less of bloom,plants look good should yield well. I see tips like slightly burned,I presume it's due bloom.

What's weird is 22c and drying up so soon ,am surprised they look that good on 22c.

I presume plants under led should be at 28c ? Wait for more replys

And spread them out a bit I see there is space and you piled them on eachother lol

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 3

Best way to know when they need watering is by getting used to the weight of the pot. When you pick it up and it weighs virtually nothing you have let it get way too dry. The water will run straight out when you water if you've done this. 

I do it quite often lol 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, KC said:

Best way to know when they need watering is by getting used to the weight of the pot. When you pick it up and it weighs virtually nothing you have let it get way too dry. The water will run straight out when you water if you've done this. 

I do it quite often lol 

I really struggled with this method to start with but you do get there eventually. 

• Like 2
On 02/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, Herbal Kint said:

Maybe a touch less of bloom,plants look good should yield well. I see tips like slightly burned,I presume it's due bloom.

What's weird is 22c and drying up so soon ,am surprised they look that good on 22c.

I presume plants under led should be at 28c ? Wait for more replys

And spread them out a bit I see there is space and you piled them on eachother lol

Thank you for the input, I took your advice of a little less bloom and the plants have reacted very well, the tips have normalised. Yeah the tent is a little cold, even under my 300w LED at 50% the temps have never been over 22c since seedlings.

• Like 1
On 02/11/2022 at 9:46 PM, badbillybob said:

2nd pic shows signs of too low temps, and over feeding.

id up the temps definitely and reduce the feed slightly. 

Yeah I agree. This being my first ever attempt at growing its a little difficult learning the feeding schedule without over/under watering but I am getting used to it, what is the best way to up the temp in my tent ?

I stuck a little 500w oil filled rad outside the passive vent yesterday and kind of boxed it in. 75 x 75 tent heated up by 4C. Was a little concerned about the leccy at first but when I checked the meter, I'd only spent £1 on leccy for the 24h period since switching it on. My autos are really happy at 23C. A little water more often seems to work from when they start flowering.  

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

Am looking into tube heaters atm,planing to set one right in front of doors in my growroom not sure if that will cut it tho.

21 hours ago, badbillybob said:

oil filled radiator works for me, prefferably one with a thermostat to set the temp off. 

I will definitely look into getting a radiator, Last feed was 3 days ago and since then some bottom leaves have became yellow and brittle, The Flora Grow nutrients have a recommend dose for seedlings,veg,pre flower and flower, I have been feeding them using the pre flower recommendations which contains a lot more bloom then the flower recommendations, Noob questions but I am guessing my plants are in the early stage of flowering? I believe they could be showing signs of some light stress as well ?
large.EF821852-A5CC-47E9-973C-8000393E2CBA.jpeg

large.D81868BC-1904-4170-B337-2AD9EC08393A.jpeg

large.5C9C53CC-F30E-41DF-8E02-643DBA71C2D7.jpeg