Auto Flower Advice

Void22nds

19 hours ago, Clubs said:

I stuck a little 500w oil filled rad outside the passive vent yesterday and kind of boxed it in. 75 x 75 tent heated up by 4C. Was a little concerned about the leccy at first but when I checked the meter, I'd only spent £1 on leccy for the 24h period since switching it on. My autos are really happy at 23C. A little water more often seems to work from when they start flowering.  

Good to know, thank you :) I feel like being a new grower its difficult filtering out the good and bad information, a lot of people have said that my plants shouldn't of grown as well as they have at 22c and a lot of people say them temps are just fine.

• Like 2

22 degrees isnt fine.Dont listen to whoever told you that. 

yes, they will grow at 22 degrees, but not very well, so if you want to get the best from them, up the temps...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

22 degrees isnt fine.Dont listen to whoever told you that. 

yes, they will grow at 22 degrees, but not very well, so if you want to get the best from them, up the temps...

Okay, will get on that :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Void22nds said:

Good to know, thank you :) I feel like being a new grower its difficult filtering out the good and bad information, a lot of people have said that my plants shouldn't of grown as well as they have at 22c and a lot of people say them temps are just fine.

I should have mentioned, I'm using a heat mat too. Without it, I'd want the air to be around 27C. 

• Like 1

I can't see light stress,usually top of plant gets yellow while bottom half is nice and green as top was before.

I'd listen to above get the Temps up and crop the main branch,like bend it sideways by crushing the stem ,don't break it if you do it.

May be start of MG deficiency but that's farfetched prolly just cold, if you see like a lot rusty of dots on leaves in future that's mg def,common with autos. I'll try to dig a pic

• Like 1
On 03/11/2022 at 6:11 AM, KC said:

The water will run straight out when you water

just been wondering - [coco grower here] do you water to run-off with compost or no?

mystic

• Like 2
7 hours ago, mysticriver said:

] do you water to run-off

Yes, just to make sure the rootball is evenly saturated. I leave them to soak it up, after about 10 minutes I'll check and empty the saucer. 

Edited by KC
Predictive text errors
  • Like 2

to be fair your girls dont look bad considering your temp is so low, as said a little tip burn due to overfeeding (PS these tips wont recover, they are now dead.)

agree with others, you want to increase air temps to approx 28'C, Ive got a little 600w oil rad for air temps in a 120x60cm tent 

For root temps get a heat mat on a temp controller - inkbird 308 or similar 

80%rh is high as well, you risking bub rot /mold that high

out of interest how and when are you measuring temp reading of 22'C - do you have a temperature monitor at canopy height ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

to be fair your girls dont look bad considering your temp is so low, as said a little tip burn due to overfeeding (PS these tips wont recover, they are now dead.)

agree with others, you want to increase air temps to approx 28'C, Ive got a little 600w oil rad for air temps in a 120x60cm tent 

For root temps get a heat mat on a temp controller - inkbird 308 or similar 

80%rh is high as well, you risking bub rot /mold that high

out of interest how and when are you measuring temp reading of 22'C - do you have a temperature monitor at canopy height ?

I have a monitor on the floor of the grow tent, I have increased the temp by placing a rad outside of the grow tent, since then the temperatures have been very stable they haven't moved, even when the light is off the temperatures do not drop. My light doesn't really produce much heat however I still have it on a 25% dimmer, how essential is a heat mat ? is it something I should definitely invest in for my first time round ?
large.C1EEE3BC-31AA-423E-8FEE-09C99AD99391.jpeglarge.64CAD964-1A66-40C5-80D4-4971DCDEE76F.jpeglarge.440A0343-18EC-4986-828C-D984CE44BBF6.jpeg

Edited by Void22nds

A heat mat is not essential but it makes life easier.

root temps are usually 3 to 4'C less than air temp if you have no heat mat , so you will want the air temp to be about 28'C.

Put your temperature monitor at the height of your canopy - youll find its a few degrees higher than the floor.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

If you want to save money just run your extraction on a temp controller set at 28c until the flower starts to stink up nicely, saves on running heaters and I’ve done tests on co2 which shows it doesn’t reduce doing this, but does save a load of cash :smoke:

When I was growing in pots I always had a little tip burn, it lets you know your feeding as much as they can take. But totally organic now so just feed the soil

good luck and feel free to do whatever the fuck you like :wassnnme:

best 

Monkey

Hey guys :) little update on the plants... I have fixed the temp issues and sorted out the feeding schedule and since then the plants growth have exploded, I let them grow naturally and I kept away from doing any training since I didn't want to complicate my first grow. The plants have grown another 8 inches or so over the last few weeks and they are nearly touching my light, I do not want to burn the top buds :( is there anything I can do ? unfortunately I cant raise my light any higher its already at the top of my grow tent.

large.D5BA7385-DC32-4DFB-9E54-0D618D29CC19.jpeglarge.D053BC3E-AC6F-4BC2-BA99-5204AB2256E7.jpeglarge.7D55B30B-1A31-4EF6-BAF7-CC3614A080AC.jpeg

• Like 1

excellent news on the growth.

did you get a heat mat or just raise the temps 

I know you didnt want to mess with your girls but needs must - supercrop the leader so they are all the same height.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
16 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

excellent news on the growth.

did you get a heat mat or just raise the temps 

I know you didnt want to mess with your girls but needs must - supercrop the leader so they are all the same height.

Thanks mate, I just raised the temps however a heat mat is definitely something i will invest in for my next grow :) I’m guessing super crop means chop the whole leader off ?