Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Slow jam

4 minutes ago, DankStank said:

What coco are you using? 

My point is that your ec is probably too low.  What's the run off ec? 

I use canna professional plus. When they are healthy it's always lower than what I put in as it should be and to be honest I've forgotten what the run off has been during flushes etc as I've been stressing trying to get them out of this lockout predicament as I've always presumed it was the pH locking them out not the ec

16 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Why are you flushing like mad after each transplant? I treat the transplant like soil, let them dry out a few days, just watch. This is the phase where the roots go searching. The medium has to be damp not wet and definitely not dry. 

What coco you using? What's the temps of your feeds?

I flush because they lock out as soon as I transplant I was always under the impression to water in well on transplant as I did with soil, is this my problem? Overwatering causing shock causing them to lockout not the feed etc

I use canna professional plus

4 minutes ago, Slow jam said:

I flush because they lock out as soon as I transplant

How on earth do you know they 'lock out' immediately? 

Chill man, plants never enjoy new pots 100% but just be gentle next time, place the extra coco around the old roots, make sure the coco is room temp, feed every watering, make sure the first feed is bath warm, with a nice heat mat or tube heater keeping the roots toasty. Never believe that room temp is the same as root temp, LED is missing some IR heat, so mat or tube heater is a perfect compliment to LED's. 

And stop bothering with sitting water for 24hrs, it's bunk. Use warm water from the tap. Done. If you're in london or hard water area, 5mls of mono mg is essential, as is GA hard water edition. 

Happy growing 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

make sure the first feed is bath warm

If you're in london or hard water area, 5mls of mono mg is essential, as is GA hard water edition. 

Disagree with all of that. 

Okay thanks 

I will follow your advice next run, chill out and let them do their their thing before going nuts.

I'm probably making the problem a lot worse by trying to make it better.

What is mono mg. I know magnesium but not heard of this

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

That's good. 

Not really.  Some poor freshy might pick up on bad info and start chucking in mag when they don't need to.  

Warm water isn't ideal either, for a few reasons. 

7 hours ago, DankStank said:

Not really.  Some poor freshy might pick up on bad info and start chucking in mag when they don't need to.  

Warm water isn't ideal either, for a few reasons. 

Bite me. 

• Like 1

just start and finish in one pot problem solved, start in 8l and finish in 8l. PS ive done two entire coco grows without ph'ing and it went ok so stop barking up the ph tree bro, id say its unintentionally harsh transplating

If it is nutrient lockout it would be because you didn't wash the coco before you filled the pot for transplant. I had 3 bricks with my previous grow and got a little bag of crystalized salt out of it when i washed it. Now im not sure how washed the brand you got is.
Cant be too much nutrient cant be too little nutrient as the reaction would be different. The only thing the plant will fight for in coco is calcium, but that is supposed to be buffered from wherever you got it from (unless its just a solid brick of coco)
Not sure what that brand makes, is it clean/buffered/premixed? used it before and have you had the same issue?
You seem familiar with coco, that is proper irrigation and testing the runoff so i wont go into detail. 

I am curious though, is it 100% coco? or do you have air pockets inside? Im suspecting 2 things, one more likely than the other.
First is that you don't have enough air in the media and the roots cant breathe properly after you generously water them after transplant
and the second would be the very last thought of, it might indeed be shocked from the transplant like Rumple said above..

In any case, good luck ^_^

Edited by DreamCatcher

Its not shit advice... you've got a bee in your bonnet and you're not taking heed of what advice is given

I doubt very much he's running the hot water tap! Have you never heard mix a bucket load of feed for 36hr and let it sit next to the tent! 

I'm saying nowt else.

Good luck 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

Its not shit advice... 

Yes.  It is. 

I doubt very much he's running the hot water tap!

What does bath warm mean to you?  Nothing wrong with the hot tap, but warm feed is not what you want. 

Have you never heard mix a bucket load of feed for 36hr and let it sit next to the tent! 

Aye.  And that's more shit advice, not poor this time as it won't cause problems, just pointless. 

Do you advise people to add mag to their feed too, regardless of whether they need it? 

Fuck me newbie's got no chance on here. 

Edited by DankStank

I'm gonna advise fuck all to you. 

Your growing methods are shite and you've got issues, you come online and expect every one to grow the same way as you do and when they offer advice,  it's off par to what you want. 

Fix your own mistakes 

Edited by Darknight420710

@Slow jam as you've chosen a Pro medium,

I believe it's up to you to buffer the coco to the EC you want to run at. 

Get a large fabric pot and fill it with the amount of coco you need at each stage, 

then run through your feed solution until the run off is the same as what you are putting in. 

There are lots folk on here running grow diaries in the coco section. 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/216-coco-coir/

Spend a bit of time each day to read up and educate yourself on the subject. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta link