Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Slow jam

Hey everyone. Having problems with my coco grows. I'm using GA nutes and don't get me wrong they are great. When the plants or rather the medium sorts itself out!

Every time I repot I have the same problem, major lockout. My pH is 6.2 with just water at transplant then weak feed, they can look fine then all of a sudden theyll lock out.  at every repot I get this problem.

I go from jiffy pellet to 1 litre pots then to 4 litre then to 8 litre to finish. 

I'm going through this cycle of endless flushes of low strength nutes to get them to take up food every transplant,  then as soon as they do take it up the results are fantastic, no problems at all.but it takes about 2 weeks after every re pot to get them back to normal.

As I writing this I've just got my plants onto 1.2 e.c of veg feed. After being in the 8 ltr pots for almost 3 weeks.

What can I do to remedy this as it seems like a medium issue? Everything else in my tent is fine. Temp, humidity, root temp etc.

Do i rinse my coco first? I thought everything was buffered so you didn't have to do this?

Do I need a water test?

It's very frustrating. 

If any one can help or suggest anything I would be very grateful

Thanks

Edited by Slow jam

21 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

We'll need more info, lights, room, extraction temps etc. Any picxs?

1.8x 1m x 1m tent,  par plus pro 465w led light. Day temps, 25-28 c, Night 19-22c. Humidity about 45-55 day with humidifier, night 60-70. Root temps 20-22. Extraction is fine always have negative pressure. Also have oscillating clip on fan

19 minutes ago, Mr mcgregor said:

How often are you feeding them?

And why just water at transplant????

Was watering in with weak feed and root juice but got instant lockout

1 hour ago, DankStank said:

Test your run off after transplanting. 

I do and its can be up to 6.6 - 6.7 takes multiple flushes to get down to 6.3 which is acceptable 

23 minutes ago, Mr mcgregor said:

How often are you feeding them?

And why just water at transplant????

When they are taking up feed its every other day and they are fine.

2 minutes ago, DankStank said:

Test for ec, not pH 

I do test for both ec is fine. What I presume is the coco is throwing out the pH  which is causing the lockout issues. There is never enough feed in the media at the start for it to be to high

Why are you flushing like mad after each transplant? I treat the transplant like soil, let them dry out a few days, just watch. This is the phase where the roots go searching. The medium has to be damp not wet and definitely not dry. 

What coco you using? What's the temps of your feeds?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slow jam said:

There is never enough feed in the media at the start for it to be to high

What coco are you using? 

My point is that your ec is probably too low.  What's the run off ec? 

I feed with lukewarm water every feed. The roots love it. No use pouring 17 degree water into 25 degree coco, that's shock right there.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

I feed with lukewarm water every feed. The roots love it. No use pouring 17 degree water into 25 degree coco, that's shock right there.

Its always room temp 20 degrees or above I let my water sit for 24hrs before I feed