Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Slow jam

17 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Fixed that for you bro :yep:

:yinyang:

if I knew how to do it I gladly would but this site is so convoluted when you go to a users profile there is no “ignore dickhead” button. 

Wow....I cant even remember what the OP wanted now :unsure::unsure: Can we stop the arguments please as it makes fools of us all

At least 4 of those pages was insults.....great way to introduce new members guys 

lollol 

Something about coco wasn't it :unsure:

:skin_up:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

@JonDaMon Hover over the usename. you'll see 'ignore user' in the bottom of the  popup.

explain how to do it that from a phone!

i don’t use a computer to access the site I use an iPhone. 

You can’t hover over a name!

I’ve grown in coco for 13 years and used to think the same “I do ok”. 

It was only when going automated (July 2021) I realised some of the true potential that coco really has. 

of course there are more ways to skin a cat (which I included in my response to OP) about increasing pot size to mitigate every other day feeding. 

I was hand watering every other day /daily for near on 12 years and did “OK”.  At 1GPW for HPS using 600w and then 400w now use LED 300w and far exceed 1GPW as anyone should using LED. 

so you’re not on your own about time served in coco @Owderb I’ve also ran some hydroponics using Wilma systems and some soil grows using Canna Terra and I always came back to coco. 

I’ve used 1L, 3L, 7L, 10L, 20L airpots,

square plastic pots in 1L, 3L, 7L, 11L and 18L 

I’ve used drip irrigation using schrubblers, flood irrigation, Recirculating, now I use automated 1min feed cycles that allow runoff after just 1 minute of feeding and do this multiple times per day with a DTW setup. 

I’ve been using an automated coco feeding system for just over 1 year and as I keep mentioning I’m never going back to hand feeding. 

there’s Plenty of my “work” over on ROLLITUP of what I’ve accomplished over the years including being called out for some of my methods. Such as someone said to me

“you can’t achieve 1GPW under 400w with those aggressive training methods”

so I got 4 Blue Cheese Clones from a mate and had at it. Evidence on RIU again of a 439g harvest back then when I got called out. 

so I’m not afraid of showing what I can do. 

All I can say is, sorry for making your job harder for quoting the entirety of a post. 

clearly some people feel the need to convey that a little more forcefully than others. 

So for that I apologise and will adjust the way I respond to others. 

I’ve come from a site where you quote the post and the post is condensed unless you hit “expand” so it doesn’t actually view in its entirety so that the quoted user knows which post you are replying to. 

Edited by JonDaMon
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

“I do ok”.

I said that so not to come over all high and mighty. I actually do more than ok and hit GPW most of the time. The times when I can struggle is when I'm testing seeds because I do that a bit

Owd

• Like 3

On 11/09/2022 at 9:32 PM, Slippy One said:

How on earth do you know they 'lock out' immediately? 

Chill man, plants never enjoy new pots 100% but just be gentle next time, place the extra coco around the old roots, make sure the coco is room temp, feed every watering, make sure the first feed is bath warm, with a nice heat mat or tube heater keeping the roots toasty. Never believe that room temp is the same as root temp, LED is missing some IR heat, so mat or tube heater is a perfect compliment to LED's. 

And stop bothering with sitting water for 24hrs, it's bunk. Use warm water from the tap. Done. If you're in london or hard water area, 5mls of mono mg is essential, as is GA hard water edition. 

Happy growing 

@slippy one

Would you mind speaking to this a bit more:

"If you're in london or hard water area, 5mls of mono mg is essential, "

Whats your rationale behind this?

cheers mate. 

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

when I'm testing seeds because I do that a bit

Owd

Yeah same here. I’ve been predominantly a seed grower taking clones and keeping them ticking under 24w to see whether I keep them around. 

i don’t keep mothers etc any more just keep recloning if I like that strain and just take a cut each time before inducing flowering. The cuts I’ve got now are from 2 seed plants of BARNEYS Blue Gelato 41 from the last harvest. 

Cuts were taken in April then rooted, cut the roots off and rooted again, then again to keep them short and small ready for when I need to use them. 

i find this works better for me and cuts down my electricity bill as I only grow for Percy smoke so no need to run mother area etc.

back in 2012 I built a marine board mother box with 200w CFL, PC fans etc but the old bill took that when I got busted lol  

39 minutes ago, Moonstone420 said:

Whats your rationale behind this?

cheers mate. 

So many threads over the last few years. It's all about the 3:1 ratio of cal:mag. Thames Water is outta whack and some uk420 boffins ( @Oldbearand few other whom I cannot recall) did some calculations for the 2021 online Thames Water water sample. (they had some strange magnesium weight that had to be converted). I was told .5ml/L of Mono Mg (after calculating the % of Mg/L from the Canna Mg bottle), and it eliminated my deficiency issues. Bonsai's & flowering cabinet never looked better. You can also use cheapo epsom salts but will need to recalculate the dose. :yep:

London is a known quantity, as are other areas. I can also recommend hard water specific nutrients along with your mg dose. :yep:

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Moonstone420 said:

@slippy one

"If you're in london or hard water area, 5mls of mono mg is essential, "

My bad, I mean 5ml per 10L bucket. Apologies for the confusion, I must've been baked.

still .5ml/l though. 

• Like 2

@Fatboy77 soft water for me (0.2EC) Welsh water. 

i use SW nutes and still have to add Calmag otherwise the deficiencies begin within a few days lol  

I tend to use lower EC feeds (under 1.4) and use 0.2EC increase of Calmag which helps bump Ca Mg N and Fe. 

Even if I run 1.8EC of my base i still see Ca def. I can get out of using CalMag and use a mono Ca supplement but I find the additional Mg helps with overall health too. 

then during flowering I use Epsom weekly as a sprinkle on the coco and allow the auto feed to dissolve it over that week. Which bumps the Sulphur up too for helping with terps. 

MgSO4 tends to help with limonene terps if you have a citrusy strain. 

it’s just something I’ve worked in over the years etc. @Fatboy77

for a long time I was just using A/B and some Calmag. 

it’s those little fine tuning details. 

something that takes little effort but has a good outcome that’s what I’m all about. 

13 years with my Welsh water at times had me pulling my hair out until I got an analysis of water from the water company back in 2016. That was a game changer. Being able to see the lack of Ca and lower levels of Mg etc in my source gave me what info I needed to work out the rest. lol  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

I love coco, it's my favourite medium.  My back thinks it's a cunt though so I stick to a path of least resistance now.

I would've thought your grows were a paradise of automation? What's killing your back? lol