Do Almost Nothing for a Chance to Win a Lifetime Subscription

Gaijin

11 minutes ago, Brysee said:

I thought we just got the players we was given didn't know we could chose them

You can't actually choose a player, but you can set your draft to pick specific player positions in each round, if you want. There's a default, or you can, for example, set it so that in the first round, you draft the best TE available; 2nd round, you take the best WR available, 3rd, you take the best Kicker available, and so on. 

Draft order is random, of course. You might be picking last in each round, so you might set your draft to pick the best WR in round 1 but so does everyone else, and you end up with the 10th best WR. See what I mean? 

I've always just left it as the default. I could lie awake all night second-guessing myself otherwise lol 

• Like 2

We’ll them last few posts have completely gone over my head! Suppose I better start looking and reading up then! :wallbash: lol

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Shotgun185 said:

We’ll them last few posts have completely gone over my head! Suppose I better start looking and reading up then! :wallbash: lol

If you go read the first couple of pages of this thread, you'll see the links and how to sign up. Go right ahead if you want to get signed up. That goes for anyone else seeing this. Should be exactly the same process as last year, passwords haven't changed ..... 

• Like 1

Just now, Shotgun185 said:

@Gaijin Trying to join mate but it says the league is full? 

ahhh hang on, I probably have to increase the number of managers allowed. Gimme a second or two 

• Like 1

We can actually pick players but it means everyone being free at the same time and as that would prob too difficult to organise for everyone involved its just easier to do it by default.

✌️

• Like 3

Yep! I’m in! 
looks like I’m up against @Ned The Head first week if that’s right?? 
how many of you have been messing with pre draft stuff?? 
go team green buds! lol lol

• Like 2

Just now, Sid the sloth said:

We can actually pick players but it means everyone being free at the same time and as that would prob too difficult to organise for everyone involved its just easier to do it by default.

✌️

yes, sorry, you are correct; we could do what's called a Live Draft. But we would all have to be online at the same time and sit around for, I guess, some time, waiting ...... 

And then some of us follow the game quite closely and others not at all, so that wouldn't be fair, i don't think.

• Like 4

Just now, Shotgun185 said:

Yep! I’m in! 
looks like I’m up against @Ned The Head first week if that’s right?? 
how many of you have been messing with pre draft stuff?? 
go team green buds! lol lol

That may change as and when more people join us for this year ....... The final schedule will be set when we know how many teams will be playing 

• Like 1

Ahhh yeah I think that was random date I chose when I set this year's league up. Or unlocked it or whatever it said lol It can be changed. But it won't be much later than that as the season starts on the first Sunday of September 

• Like 1

@Arbre Medicinal @Ned The Head @Brysee @latitude54 @Cakeyb @Oldbear @Baron von greenback @Sid the sloth @MindSoup I know some of you have confirmed that you are playing again this year. Would be good to see you all back again this season :) 

@Shotgun185 You've signed up for this season already, glad you could join us

@trees  @AnonyMice If you would still like to play this season, and you have a spare few minutes, you could go back to the start of this thread and I think by about page two I get the instructions right, for signing up lollol 

I swear I am going to start a new thread for this year, invites open to all. That number is flexible, we can adjust depending on how many people want to play The season actually starts Thursday September 8th, so we have a bit of time to iron things out. 

Prizes: there will be a first place and runner up prize. Last year it was a Lifetime sub and an annual sub. I've noticed I have far too many seeds for this lifetime already, so may throw in a decent pile of subbies no longer available. 

• Like 7